The Cristina and Alberto Show

There are 62 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,364 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I meant it is facutally incorrect to suggest Argentina was built by immigrants and Brazil/Mexico were not. It's the story of the Americas, not unique to Argentina and not a point of superiority like he seems to think.

Btw, I do not think this is any kind of major scandal or anything but should be called out for the grand stupidity it was. Ricardo Darin summed it up in general:

“Es muy complejo hablar en público, hay que tener cuidado. Están cometiendo desatinos imperdonables en algunos casos, pero no es lo más grave, hay cosas más graves”.

Still, this is yet another example of why no-one should be voting for this clown or any of his cronies in the future.

• Official Post

This is the number of "Italians" registered abroad in 2020 according to the Italian Foreign Ministry. The only reason Brazil has almost half than Argentina, is because it takes 10-12 years to get an appointment for Italian citizenship in Brazil. Otherwise, it would be much higher.

If Alberto meant that there was more extermination and racial cleansing in Argentina, I can agree. But it really came off like 'we come from a cultured world, while you were stuck to life 2000 years ago'. Which would be also true for Argentina if they hadn't exterminated indigenous population.

As usual, online Memes on the latest mishap are the funniest!

IT6XSU2KL5CWHOJWIB2DKG7TPI.jpg

• Official Post

He was trying to say that Argentina grew quickly because of European immigration but he messed up.

Yeah, and then 'froze' in time as soon as the Europeans stopped coming, their descendant absorbed the local customs, and people from the rest of Latin American kept flowing in.

It is very hard to talk about this topic without offending anyone. There is a lot of criticism toward 'European superiority', but people keep emigrating to countries that foster the same culture they criticize at home. Obviously, I am biased because I think that the world I grew in is better than the world I never knew and never lived in. However, when I see many peoples from countries trying to move to Europe, Argentina or the US/Canada, I really wonder WHY of all 100+ countries in the World, so many people are all trying to go there.

'cause if you say that 'Western society is more developed' is okay, but if you say 'Western culture is better' is racist.

• Yeah, and then 'froze' in time as soon as the Europeans stopped coming, their descendant absorbed the local customs, and people from the rest of Latin American kept flowing in.

It is very hard to talk about this topic without offending anyone. There is a lot of criticism toward 'European superiority', but people keep emigrating to countries that foster the same culture they criticize at home. Obviously, I am biased because I think that the world I grew in is better than the world I never knew and never lived in. However, when I see many peoples from countries trying to move to Europe, Argentina or the US/Canada, I really wonder WHY of all 100+ countries in the World, so many people are all trying to go there.

'cause if you say that 'Western society is more developed' is okay, but if you say 'Western culture is better' is racist.

But I am not sure it is the culture many want. I think they want the development and often reject the culture or see it as a neccesary evil of adopting the development/opportunity/money/security. And we do not need to make this a question of race because we could discuss it under the guise of Polish and other Easteran Europeans flocking to the UK earlier this century.

Many people who do move to Western countries actively reject the cultural aspects of the country. Which is why - along with failures of the governments - you have segregated communities of, say Muslims, who essentially live in the UK locked into communities of their own culture and not the British culture. The debate is whether it is correct for them to reject the culture. I personally believe it is possible to integrate with the culture of a new country without turning your back on your own. The only times this becomes a problem is when religon is involved.

I don't think many people in other countries deny that the U.S., Germany, UK, etc. are "better" under the criteria of providing opportunity for a better life. Better country, as in better run, does not mean better culture. Of course, we could argue being better run is a byproduct of the culture, but that is far more difficult to acertain.

• Official Post

Yes, that's true. But I don't think you can really separate the various aspects since religion dictated the way we live and think and eat and dress, the way we marry and judge people and situations and interact socially. It has done so for thousand of years and for most people, it still does. If you go to the bottom of the issue, the State will tell you to carve room for your own religion, but religion never tells to carve room for the State. So I don't think you can really have both.

I agree with your POV but I don't think it is reciprocated by religious people.

I also think that when you move to a different country, you should be ready to compromise (unless you think you can change the other country, but in this case I wouldn't talk of emigration but of colonization) and often this compromise interferes with your culture/religion/beliefs.

• Yes, that's true. But I don't think you can really separate the various aspects since religion dictated the way we live and think and eat and dress, the way we marry and judge people and situations and interact socially. It has done so for thousand of years and for most people, it still does. If you go to the bottom of the issue, the State will tell you to carve room for your own religion, but religion never tells to carve room for the State. So I don't think you can really have both.

I agree with your POV but I don't think it is reciprocated by religious people.

I also think that when you move to a different country, you should be ready to compromise (unless you think you can change the other country, but in this case I wouldn't talk of emigration but of colonization) and often this compromise interferes with your culture/religion/beliefs.

Yes, but religon is not cultural, it does not define any one country. So, the people coming from other countries to a Western nation segregate themselves, often based on relgion, and I am not saying this is a positive. I am pointing out that religon is the big divide that prevents proper integration into another culture. My argument is that saying "western culture is better" is considered racist because it is untrue, and the people flocking to western countries are not doing so because of the culture.

• Do you mean the vitamins she got from Uncle Putin

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!