is Argentina on course to be the next Venezuela?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,606 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Official Post

I hear this a lot now with many believing that CFK has a plan to put us there, since she is the real powerhouse behind Alberto.

But to what end? Bearing in mind that the two countries can't even be compared in terms of economy, resources and manufacturing.

What does the question actually mean, anyway? Is it their intention to run the country into the ground and steal every damn thing they can?

Argentines, at huge personal cost, have overthrown their own governments before. Think 2001.

• Totally exaggerated news does seem to be the norm here....a result of the juvenile mindset that exists.

Personally, I think all this country needs is a really good kick up the f'ing arse to propel it into the 21st century. Living here is like going back to the way life in the UK was in 60's....but without the Beatles.

• Official Post

Totally exaggerated news does seem to be the norm here....a result of the juvenile mindset that exists.

Personally, I think all this country needs is a really good kick up the f'ing arse to propel it into the 21st century. Living here is like going back to the way life in the UK was in 60's....but without the Beatles.

My husband cannot believe the country has shut down its goods exchange so badly in the last 20 years. It's been since the Phoenicians that the man understood that exchanging goods with other countries brings progress and wealth...

• Totally exaggerated news does seem to be the norm here....a result of the juvenile mindset that exists.

Come on UK Man , Harold Wilson did a decent job under difficult economic circumstances as did ted Heath a little later.

Both of these politicians are far superior than anyone here.

Having said that they are also far superior to anything in the UK at the moment as well.

• I don’t understand why any elected officials would want to emulate Venezuela’s situation. Who wants to lead a country whose people can’t even get medicines or basic foods? As the country’s wealth declines, isn’t there a diminishing amount to be plundered?

• Official Post

Totally exaggerated news does seem to be the norm here....a result of the juvenile mindset that exists.

UK Man

I'm not quoting any news media, but popular opinions amongst the chattering classes.

Anyway, is the best you can come up with? Surely you have an opinion either way? Do you think this country is heading down that road?

• Come on UK Man , Harold Wilson did a decent job under difficult economic circumstances as did ted Heath a little later.

Both of these politicians are far superior than anyone here.

Having said that they are also far superior to anything in the UK at the moment as well.

I was referring to life in general during 60's/70's Britain...union power especially. They were calling strikes every week in their effort to hang on to cushy working practices and didn't care about modernising and becoming competitive....same old story here yet it's 50 years later.

The quality of politician here is very poor however good for them I say. I wouldn't mind getting paid for talking nonsense if the public keep voting me in. ^^

I don't see it becoming another Venezuela however I don't see it becoming a whole lot better than it is now. Argentines don't seem to have the right attitude for changing...maybe that's the problem?