When international flights resume ....

• When international travel is again open, how about Iceland for a winter destination? The best part is that they seem to have shaken covid-19, so sites of interest, hotels, restaurants and bars have re-opened.

Virus testing is required before leaving the airport, but then you are free to move around as in normal times, with no restrictions.

Layer on the warm clothing and take off !

https://www.cnn.com/travel/art…eland-reopens-coronavirus

• To be honest anywhere in Europe....This virus is pretty much done its thing...It has taken a few months off very old and ill people and not much else.

Simon Dolan who is taking the UK govt to court over there handling of this has figures that under 60 years of age only 294 died without KNOWN co morbidity...not to say they did not have underlying factors ...but i wonder how many we have saved under 60 in last 4 months from road traffic accidents due to lockdown...

The figures were all skewed to scare the public into complicity ...

Within a couple of months all of europe will be open and i would suggest safer than Bs re this virus..

Ps..Have been to iceland and if you dont fish then 3 days is more than enough ...

• I’m glad you added the PS, hairyscotsman; until then I was thinking you’d simply hijacked my post.

I’ve also been to Iceland for a few short visits, and each time, left there thinking I should have allowed more time for hiking and exploring outside of Reykjavik. Although it’s more appealing to go there when escaping hot weather, this year it could be a relief simply to go somewhere that reminds us of life before The Year Of The Virus.

One big obstacle remains: I don’t know how long it might be before I’m willing to take the plunge and re-enter the world of airports and planes again.