Covid-19 realities: The Department of Do As I Say, Not As I Do

There are 60 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,891 times. The latest Post () was by JAN.

• GlasgowJohn  Rice .....

I thought the thread title was about that type of person, no matter race, position, Sweetness, goodness or whatever, that preaches one thing and does another himself.....!

In my post I do not compare Trump to Obama......Trump is at another level.

But it does not change the fact that Obama is and was a big bullshitter....... preaching one thing and doing another thing himself!!!!

-If u teach humility, how u can u live in one of the most expensive neighborhoods?

-if u don't like money, why u gather so much?

-if a person just need one house, why u need 4 yourself?

-if u should be honest and close to ur roots, why u wanna live in a 99% white neighborhood then?

And it goes on and on and on........all hypocrisy......and falling into the essence of the thread title to perfection!!!!

• @JAN, where do you get this information?

What does humility have to do with living in an expensive neighborhood? Definition:

HUMILITY - the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.
    Nothing to do with living in a palace or a hovel.

But on the subject of appropriate housing for leaders of countries. I can’t name a single ex US president who lived in any other kind of neighborhood but secluded, safe (expensive) ones, with outbuildings for their Secret Service protectors. Even presidents who didn’t have armed racists hating them.

When did Obama say he didn’t like money? When did ANYONE besides Mother Theresa or Pope Francis or Mahatma Gandhi say that? Many leaders want to eliminate poverty, but are under no illusion that the goal could be accomplished by simply becoming poor, themselves.

Who determines how many houses an ex-president “needs?” I would refer you to the housing comments above. Who decides that a black President shouldn’t live in a predominantly white neighborhood? Who determined what percentage of white people live in his neighborhood? - you counted? Or believed something you read on the internet?

What do you mean about being true to his roots? His (white) grandmother, with whom he spent much of his youth, was an officer in Hawaii’s largest bank.

If we’re talking about “Do as I say, not as I do,” exactly when did Obama ever tell people they shouldn’t live in the best neighborhoods they could afford? When did he say others should have only one house? When did he say “Live in a neighborhood that someone else determined to be “your roots?”

I’m rather embarrassed for you, for posting all that.

• Would you say Trump is doing a good job of leading the country, especially in this current crisis?

And if not, do you believe that 'establishment Biden' would do a better job of leading the USA?

The alternative would have been Hillary Clinton!!! Where would that have taken the USA? Biden? Who knows!!!.

• Rice my post is quite clear I think.....which point is not clear????

But let's start all over:

The general believe of a person being humble, does not include someone having an extreme urge for wealth.....having 4 houses in some of the most expensive neighborhoods wouldn't be considered humble!!!

-Obama have more time been ranting of richness and why people need more houses, when other people doesn't even have a roof over their head.....having a need for 4 houses yourself does for sure not make ur comments come over seriously!

-Obama skin color would be categorized as black, so as his wife! In all the time Obama have been around, he have been referred to as black, sorry! His and his wife roots, are BLACK, that's why their skin is black.....so u could argue that their roots are BLACK

-There are living 2.7% black people in Martha's vineyard.....this would be considered a minority. Anything above 50% would be a majority!

-If u r such a Messiah like Obama, it's just does not go well together with charging hundred of thousands of dollars for ur preaches.....maybe poor people cannot afford to listen to his stories, so for sure it is not very much in line with ur anti capitalism profile!

-multiplying your own wealth 30 times over a decade, only because of the fact that u have been president, does not fall in to category of a humble and down to earth person......if he was a real Messiah he should use a large part of that money, helping he bro's from Chicago get of the streets and get a roof over their heads!

I'm sorry that u r feeling embarrassed for me, because I also feeling sorry for ur blind love for the black Messiah.....

• Rice? Do you know what the young US voters think of Trump? I suspect they'll much prefer him to Biden.

There is a sharp divide, sadly, at least partially along the lines of education and background.

Many young people see through bullshitters, don’t like to be lied to, and remember being bullied in school. But young people are the demographic that often doesn’t get around to voting. Especially when the contest is between two old guys.

The young people who worship trump, like their elders, enter into the whole thing as they would a football match: MY TEAM WILL WIN! The rest, young and old, through lack of enthusiasm for Biden and perhaps not realizing the damage already done, may stay home. We will know in 6 months.

The alternative would have been Hillary Clinton!!! Where would that have taken the USA? Biden? Who knows!!!.

daniel , if we put our preconceptions aside and look at where the US has moved in 3 years, most impartial people would probably say this is not a good direction. Even those in the top 0.01% who got a tax cut from their friend might not be happy with things if they’ve lost a loved family member or a profitable business due to the complete mismanagement of covid.

Experience and knowledge count, especially in times of a pandemic or a war. We have learned that lesson the hard way.

• I really cant understand the point you are trying to make

• I really cant understand the point you are trying to make

Now u also????

Ok....look at the title of the thread, after that look at my reply, first one, and the one you quote.

But to spell it out load: Obama belongs to the same group, do as I say, not as I do!!!!

• @JAN , I have reread your posts . I really cannot understand what you have against Obama.

Is he not allowed to be successful for some reason . His family had cash - was he not allowed to inherit that .

He was a fairly successful President - He certainly did a lot more for the normal American people than the current incumbent, in spite of an adverse economic situation.

• @JAN , I have reread your posts . I really cannot understand what you have against Obama.

Is he not allowed to be successful for some reason . His family had cash - was he not allowed to inherit that .

He was a fairly successful President - He certainly did a lot more for the normal American people than the current incumbent, in spite of an adverse economic situation.

I thought he was a good President as well.

What I have against Obama? He is a Hipocrite!!!!

He wealth was made during last decade......(multiplied 30x)

He reminds me of the typical rapper or black football player......

I'm not referring to whether he was better or worse to Trump, only to his sincereness!

• Why a black football player?

Are the white ones all good guys?

• the title of the thread does not only focus on one president.......

It's actually about the sentence "do as I say, not as I do"

As I said a few times now, Obama belongs to that group also.

And him being a lawyer does not really make his standing bigger by me!