Flip phones make a comeback

• in Germany the phone that Flip was called "Türken Klappe"...

Because it was nearly only Turkish people that used that typical Motorola style phone hahaha....

Was a really no go for a German to buy one....

I'll pass!!!

• Rice ....no idea why it was like that......but I think it had to do with that they found them very fancy, very futuristic....I also don't understand their need for mixing gold/silver taps in the bathroom just like many Arabs do hahaha

In USA I think flip phones was generally popular, because it was Motorola, but in Europe it was never really popular because u had the even better Nokia, Ericsson etc phones.

So basically only Turks would have flip phones.....

• That’s so funny. My mother got a flip phone when she was 80 because it disconnected calls when she folded them, preventing the embarrassment of forgetting to hang up after a call, allowing the other person to continue hearing....

• I correct myself a bit: the flip phones was also used a bit by women.....but not a lot!!!! But again: the cell phone types used in USA vs Europe was totally distinct back in the times of the flip phone........because that Motorola was predominant on the USA market and Nokia/Ericsson on the European!

• At that time, I had a wonderful, tiny Nokia, which I had for years. Before Apple convinced the world that we had to have a new phone every year or two, keeping the same phone didn’t make one a Luddite.

Because texting was just beginning to emerge, and we used cameras instead of phones for photography, phones could be small enough to fit in a pocket without falling out.

I couldn’t live without my iPhone, but at times I’m still a bit wistful about my little old Nokia, which I still keep, out of nostalgia.