Future international flights

There are 458 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 59,490 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Can someone please explain the government’s new anti-traveler stance? Is it as simple as wanting to force Argentines to spend their money inside the country instead of adding to the economies of Miami, London, Paris?

• Official Post

I get the kirchnerists’ Nacional y Popular social emphasis, but it’s a leap from that to saying that people who travel outside the country hate their country.

The Argentinian narrative is pretty poor in every aspect. The famous GRIETA is across all topics. It's either black or white, no middle grounds. If one is BLACK, the other must necessarily be WHITE.

Those who can't travel are poor, hence those who travel are rich.

Those who can't travel are saving the country, hence those who can are harming the county.

Those who have to wait the govt. to sort out the vaccine are good, those who won't are bad.

With 40% of the population being below the poverty level (which I suppose is pretty low in Argentina), it is not hard to realise that half the country will end up hating the other half.

This article on LN sums it up pretty well: El castigo al “turista”, otro hito de la singularidad argentina di Martín Rodríguez Yebra

El Gobierno vuelve a buscar culpas ajenas a los problemas que le plantea la pandemia; deja miles de varados en el exterior ante la incapacidad de aplicar controles sanitarios efectivos

En lugar de asistencia, los afectados recibieron del Estado una reprimenda: “Preferimos que los chicos sigan yendo a las escuelas y los que se fueron de vacaciones en pandemia demoren un poquito más en volver”, dijo Florencia Carignano, la directora de Migraciones. Al mismo tiempo, se preocupó por difundir una estadística de los motivos que declararon los viajeros cuando salieron del país como prueba de que la gran mayoría lo hizo por turismo.

El Gobierno difundió esta tarde un listado de los motivos declarados por las personas que salieron del país en el último mes donde se consigna que el 60% lo hizo con fines vacacionales. Según la información difundida por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, 44.242 son las que salieron del país entre el 28 de mayo y este lunes.

De ese total, 26.528 declararon que la finalidad del viaje era turismo, 6840 (15%) salieron por trabajo, 6273 (14%) por residencia, 2506 (6%) por mudanza, 1308 (3%) por estudio y 787 (2%) con otros fines.

You know, when I was filling in the DDJJ and I had to select the reason for travel, since I was not a on a business trip, nor on a study strip, nor I was moving abroad, the only option left was TOURISM. Now the Government basically closes the frontiers without closing them completely, and then tells that anyway 60% of the affected people were out on a stroll for tourism and they should have known better. But there are people who were travelling for medical reasons that had no other option to select. And also traveling abroad to get a vaccine is a medical reason, if you ask me. It is exactly the kind of money I would spend for a valid reason if I had a health condition and I couldn't get vaccinated where I am.

You have followed my report on planning to travel, traveling and being abroad and you know I took the risk associated with traveling. Not Argentina.

Read also this article with the reactions of Argentinians on Twitter to the 600 cap: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/li…d-de-twitter-nid01072021/

Many really loathe those who travel, they think they are the privileged 1% that would make them slave them if they could. I am kinda annoyed that I should feel guilty for NORMAL stuff I do. Instead, it's their view that it is STILTED. They are being inculcated but this populist government and their acolytes on the web.

• Not that Argentina is receiving tourists at the moment, but when tourists are able to return, Argentine hotels, restaurants, airlines, taxis, etc will greatly benefit, as in the past. Will the country look down on tourists TO Argentina?

• Official Post

My mother was surprised that on the Sky news they were giving an update on the limit of incoming passengers from abroad set in Argentina until August 6 (1000 passengers per day). My flight isn't until 8/8 but I am considering extending my flight anyway as summer in Europe with vaccines is glorious compared to the grim winter with bizarre restrictions in Argentina. They really pulled quite a stunt these Peronists, this time.

• Official Post

Even more airlines could cease to operate in Argentina if the Airline Chamber of Commerce is to be believed. Companies that have already left the country include Latam, Qatar, Emirates and Air New Zealand.

Others, including BA, Cuban Airllines!!!, Ethiopian, Alitalia, Air Canada, Sky, Gol, Azul and Level may also leave for good, which begs the question I have already asked several times - will Aerolineas be the sole operator in future.

Even Cuban Airlines is leaving ffs!

Or maybe this TN article should be taken with a pinch of salt?

https://tn.com.ar/politica/202…is-por-las-restricciones/

• Even without a pandemic BA have faffed about with their EZE schedule for years. Sometimes direct then via GRU, non daily then daily. Gatwick then Heathrow.

My preferred airline on the Euro route has always been Iberia and I can't ever see them pulling out!!

• Could the lack of concerning coronavirus news be simply because the government controls what numbers are released? Could the airlines be basing their decisions based on the unreliability of airport/border reopening dates?

As someone with absolutely zero access to meaningful information, but just a civilian who badly wants to get back to Argentina, I have very little information to go on. How soon can I count on a specific flight? Who can tell! For over a year, there have been teasers about EZE being thrown open for a full flight schedule “in 2 weeks.” How can airlines sell tickets and accept freight on a rolling fantasy? Perhaps they will find it necessary to cease operations in EZE for now, but will see profitability in returning in the future?

Or is this simply wishful thinking on my part?

• Official Post

Could the lack of concerning coronavirus news be simply because the government controls what numbers are released? Could the airlines be basing their decisions based on the unreliability of airport/border reopening dates?

As someone with absolutely zero access to meaningful information, but just a civilian who badly wants to get back to Argentina, I have very little information to go on. How soon can I count on a specific flight? Who can tell! For over a year, there have been teasers about EZE being thrown open for a full flight schedule “in 2 weeks.” How can airlines sell tickets and accept freight on a rolling fantasy? Perhaps they will find it necessary to cease operations in EZE for now, but will see profitability in returning in the future?

Or is this simply wishful thinking on my part?

The only useful item in this country at the moment is a crystal ball.

• But this goes deeper than that UK Man

There's something sinister happening.

As much as I think Argentina is a basket case economically I don't share your pessimism regarding air travel. The only reason airlines will permanently pull out of Argentina will be because they see the route as being non profitable in the longer term. Argentina has never been a big earner for the likes of BA anyway.

The only useful item in this country at the moment is a crystal ball.

mysticmeg.jpg

Edited once, last by UK Man: Merged a post created by UK Man into this post. ().

• Remember our unfortunate Norwegian experience where our flight to the UK was cancelled due to the airline puling out?

Well, we ended up with cash points which could only be used in Europe and were due to expire next month, at which point they would no longer exist.

They had value ad as luck would have it I came across someone who offered to buy them and after some horse trading, we agreed a price, he sent the money and I concluded the operation online with Norwegian.

We only got about 1/3 back, but would have got nothing if I had waited until next month.

:bananadance: