Future international flights

There are 43 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Splinter.

• That doesn't explain this move by the Arg government which hasn't even given a plausible argument either. Whether airlines fly half empty planes or not, trying to keep their slots or pilots and hours, is no concern of any government, so I ask again - conspiracies aside, why?

There's been a lot of angry customers in Europe who have had their tickets to most world destinations cancelled yet weeks and months later are still waiting to be refunded. The airlines were giving them vouchers rather than cash which has now been ruled a no no.

Whether this Governments decision to stop tickets being sold is because of that is anyones guess. Protecting Aerolines comes well down my list of reasons. Noone I know would ever want to fly with them....they don't fly to the UK anyway do they?

• See how paralyzingly brilliant the government is?

I’ve never flown Avianca, but I’d hate to see the world’s second oldest airline go out of business after 101 years.

• Just tried to call Delta to ask about our New Orleans - EZE flight. Was informed by the recording that my wait time to speak with an agent would be 7 hours and 32 minutes.

Delta was one of the pioneers of the technology that allowed customers to receive a callback instead of waiting. Apparently they now prefer to filter their calls in a Darwinian way.

• Just tried to call Delta to ask about our New Orleans - EZE flight. Was informed by the recording that my wait time to speak with an agent would be 7 hours and 32 minutes.

Delta was one of the pioneers of the technology that allowed customers to receive a callback instead of waiting. Apparently they now prefer to filter their calls in a Darwinian way.

Try Twitter if they have an account.

• There's something about Twitter that I just don't get. I have an account but never use it because it doesn't light my fire.

You have to follow a few people . News , sports , economics or such and you get a whole lot of quick news which you then read on other websites.

Its also great to complain in to shops and airlines and such . They get right back to you and listen to what you have to say. I used to have no joy at complaining to Cablevision until I mentioned how bad the customer service was on Twitter and they always came back within 30 minutes to sort the problem out.

• That’s the best argument I’ve heard, in favor of Twitter .

I suppose the more followers you have, the quicker the response!

• Helpful

That’s the best argument I’ve heard, in favor of Twitter .

I suppose the more followers you have, the quicker the response!

The first thing they say is , can we take this to private messaging.

I always say yes and the first thing I tell them in private is , " If you let me down I will publish the full conversation publicly."

• The first thing they say is , can we take this to private messaging.

I always say yes and the first thing I tell them in private is , " If you let me down I will publish the full conversation publicly."

I've sent a private Twitter message to Norwegian asking them to clarify the situation, within reason. They've offered us cash points to use if we decide to change the date and won't be charging a surcharge. However, the cash points are in Norwegian Krona but we paid in pesos, so we need to know if the points would cover the cost of a changed flight, due to devaluation.

As of today, nothing has really changed, as our flight is for 7th September, so I'm not in a hurry to change the date until things become a little clearer.

At the moment, things are as clear as mud due to the uncertainty.

Thanks to GlasgowJohn for that tip.

• The first thing they say is , can we take this to private messaging.

Brilliant!

• I'm trying to get my head around this but I'm failing.

International flights at Jorge Newbery Airport postponed until December

That's more than six months down the road and no reason was given in the report, but one has to assume that it's due to the pandemic.

However, if you read to the end it states that essential work is being carried out which will take about four months. So, which is it then?

And why September 1st for Ezeiza?

• The Aeroparque renovation plan is not only to the terminal building but a runway extension to allow the A330 to use the airport .

All quite strange as this was not in the original budget plans of the government.

• The Ezeiza start up date is still planned for 1st September , but that will depend on how the pandemic develops locally and in the main destination markets.

Still hearing rumours about domestic flights starting up earlier but I feel the government are nervous about the situation in the Villas and wont permit anything until that is under control

• Still hearing rumours about domestic flights starting up earlier but I feel the government are nervous about the situation in the Villas and wont permit anything until that is under control

Of course the upturn in cases in the Villas will not be contained there. The increase in numbers is significant.