Daily life in the time of Covid-19

There are 130 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,979 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Which one was sex? this is the one you get naked? oh no wait that's showering.... i don't know what you refer to ...8o

• Has there been a large price hike in tobacco products? Been looking in ML and saw prices seem to have risen by around 20% or more on most smoking items.

Not sure if it's down to sellers taking advantage of the situation or a tax increase.....or both!!

• Official Post

Average price of fags in the Chinese is around $180 where we are.

Anyway, today I'm delivering two boxes of fresh empanadas from La Lucila to a posh lunch at Recoleta and then a laptop from Florida area to Villa Urquiza, with 25% Sunday surcharge.

Later I'll be checking over a laptop with a suspect charger for a friend and then copying some VHS tapes for a customer.

Last week I digitalised 20 VHS tapes, several CDs and SD cards for another customer and tomorrow I already have Speedy Moto work lined up.

Frankly, I've never been busier and the quarantine extension, for me anyway, is most welcome.

:301:

• Here at last the quarantine rules for non food retailers has been relaxed. Starting tomorrow they are being allowed to open for four hours a day which is a start. Whether that'll enough to save some of them from going out of business I don't know...I suspect it's too late for some and still not enough open hours for others.

• Got a 30gr pouch of the new Las Hojas Natural Premium today for 200 pesos. What a difference in quality compared to their cheaper normal crap I've been smoking.

I'd even go as far as to say it's as good as Golden Virginia . :thumbup:

• Official Post

Carrefour security employees now measure your temperature with the pistol laser device before you enter their supermarkets, which I only heard about yesterday from Adri. It's not clear what their reaction is if you refuse to cooperate.

This move is yet another imposition and an abuse of power on everyone, especially since you probably will have been waiting in a queue for about half an hour in the first place.

The controls being placed on us are now getting out of hand. A new SUBE card is being developed which won't let you travel if you're not essential, cameras with temperature sensors are being installed in many places so that you can be tracked, the police controls are a joke and have made travelling a very challenging experience, especially when so many road junctions have been blocked off.

• exactly, the sube thing i already pointed out! The measures taken are alarming.....and funny enough, no of the joker's from the last 4 years are screaming "dictatorship" like they did by every reasonable move Macri did......

If u add the things together, it's really scary.....

Just to recap:

-All phones needed to be registered in ur name...a few years ago.

-cuidAR app

-mi Argentina app

-sube registration and limitation

-registration of travel needs with permit

-closure of any foreign flight doing business here

-many, many, many now at the mercy of the government due to the closure of the business or loss of job.

-no currency transactions

• Official Post

Generally speaking, I'm not a conspiracy nut job, but this is now getting out of hand.

One could of course turn up at Carrefour, drop your trousers and bend over in the knowledge that a rectal temperature reading is more accurate than the Chinese pistol whipping.

And don't forget your yellow rubber gloves!

:asswave:

• and beside that the temperature measuring is worthless......most infected are asymptomatic.....and also the chinese virus have incubation time.....so the chance of catching anyone that is a real danger to spreading the virus is slim....

The measurements are out of proportion!!!!

Anyway next Friday, 22. May, the game may change....due to the possible default.

Yesterday a friend of mine here in Tigre, working for the transito, told me that the quarantine will be extended after 24th.....they had already got their schedules and plans where to work.

I seriously doubt they can uphold the quarantine....still surprised it lasted 2 months without serious riots.

Btw he also told all the permits to travel would be cancelled, because to many people are on the road now.

Let's see.....

• Why just Carrefour or is it happening at all supermarkets?

Here they have relaxed the rules even further by allowing food shops to open Sunday mornings starting today....we prefer to lie in bed Sunday mornings so have never needed to shop anyway.

• They tried that when i went to vea here in town, i turn around and left, they wanted to spray i don't know what on my hands and others things i didn't stick around to hear the rest, i just left in mid sentence. Their whole demeanor rubbed me the wrong way...... but then again i have no more patience left for these fine individuals

• Official Post

Today we went for a walk by the river for the first time in two weeks and although we saw a few people about, it was pretty deserted really. We wore masks, but only covered our noses and mouths when within about ten meters of other people. The public area by the riverbank was taped off by the police who sat in their patrol car and turned their siren on when we approached, i.e, fuck off and don't even think about crossing the line.

I then spotted what I think was a Ferrari, driven by a gent who was clearly enjoying the drive as he did several laps around the block. What a beauty!

We didn't hang around though, in spite of it being almost springtime weather because the mosquitoes began to invade.

And we weren't arrested and carted away, so that's something.

The Feds

Ferrari?

Palo borracho

• It’s a Ferrari, a 250 gte. Nice car, cost around half a million in good condition.

Regarding Carrefour, around 3 weeks ago they started select temperature screening. About 10 days ago this advanced to anybody entering the store. First time they asked me I had a hat, overhead phones, facemask, and sunglasses on. He walked to me with the the gun I said really. Then I said no. He told me can’t go in without taking it.

It’s getting stupid and I have already voiced my opinion that the quarantine will eventually be extended through the winter. Only difference is the people are paying less and less attention to it judging by the increasing number I see on the streets.