Corona virus oddities and annoyances

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,729 times. The latest Post () was by daniel.

• Official Post

When I first got the exemption to ride around doing deliveries, I had the certificate in my pocket, but clearly that was a time waster. I now have it stuck to the windshield and I've also made a plastic pocket for the DNI (the most important document that ever existed) so that both can be eyeballed by the police/prefectura/gendarmeria in a split second. I've also used highlighter on the pertinent parts of the document just to make it even quicker.

There are of course some 'jobsworths' about and once or twice a jobsworth has looked around my bike as if I'm a Mexican cartel member, but those are far and few between.

Yesterday I went to a deserted Shell station to fill up and was asked by a jobsworth if I had a reflective vest, which I don't, so he wouldn't serve me petrol. Remember, he had zero other customers.

Twat of the first order.

I then went to an Axion where they have the same effing rule, but the bloke gave me a wink and filled up the tank.

There will always be grey areas, but jobsworths can never see them.

:asswave:

• its funny......I wanted to create a thread exactly on that topic......now u did before me!

But my rant is not on the commuting issue since I'm not driving a lot at the moment......buuuuuuut.......what annoys me without limit, is the commercials both in TV and in radio.......seems like all already bought their commercial time and now need to fill it out....."we are together, we are with you" , "we as Argentinian we manage, we always did" BLABLABLA.....

I just cannot listen to any more patriotic bullshit.......

On top, watching the celebrity's in their huge mansions, talking about how they get through the day, is also dreadful......

And lastly: sex, sex , sex, how you manage sex, or without, or where and so on......pleeeease.......I don't have the slightest interest in listening to that and wonder who can bring out that shit without to blossom......

I think you realize who are your friends in the need, or in this case which people are totally airheads and which not........

For sure to expose your wealth to people that are sitting locked up in a tiny apartment in the city, does not show a lot situations Gefühl......compassion and intelligence.......

• Great expression, Jobsworth. We’ve all encountered them all too often.

Another example: In a parking garage COMPLETELY emptied for weeks by covid-19, the parking attendant says “No, I can’t let you park on the ground level. It’s more than my job’s worth.”

• ...or as Mauricio said last year 'Los Argentinos juntos, somos imparables!'

Where's a puke smiley when you need one?

Edit:

Fixed

:vomit:

Not as graphic as your animated one, but this one also gets the point across. 🤮

I completely agree with @JAN - - Macri is one happy dude not to have won re-election.

• For this cold socially awkward Brit, the sense of unity really is troubling to me. I get the community unity and the idea of all pulling in the same direction, but I'm with @JAN on all the commercials etc. Let's not forget that most people don't give a shit, even if they pretend to.

And the worst ones for pretending to give a shit are the celebrities. They just can't disappear for a few weeks can they? They have to be the center of attention and "reach out to their fans". Seriously, I would not trade my life with theirs because the trade off would mean being a complete insecure and false person.

I started watching that Stay at Home Together nonsense last night. Such nauseating bullshit, sam as the Argentine TV event they did a couple of weeks back. Lady Gaga opened it and she's a decent singer and performed well. However, it was so cringey, fake, and self-gratifying that I couldn't stomach it. For some reason, people actually care about what these jokers think and have to say.

• Official Post

For this cold socially awkward Brit, the sense of unity really is troubling to me. I get the community unity and the idea of all pulling in the same direction, but I'm with @JAN on all the commercials etc. Let's not forget that most people don't give a shit, even if they pretend to.

And the worst ones for pretending to give a shit are the celebrities. They just can't disappear for a few weeks can they? They have to be the center of attention and "reach out to their fans". Seriously, I would not trade my life with theirs because the trade off would mean being a complete insecure and false person.

I started watching that Stay at Home Together nonsense last night. Such nauseating bullshit, sam as the Argentine TV event they did a couple of weeks back. Lady Gaga opened it and she's a decent singer and performed well. However, it was so cringey, fake, and self-gratifying that I couldn't stomach it. For some reason, people actually care about what these jokers think and have to say.

I didn't even tune in for the very same reasons. They seems to think that we owe them our attention.

• We never watch those things, but I’m sorry we didn’t this time because our neighbor in New Orleans, a jazz clarinetist who played several gigs in BsAs a couple of months ago, was part of it.

During the quarantine, he is keeping spirits up in the neighborhood by playing on his balcony every afternoon. He DOES give a shit, Semigoodlooking . Though I agree that people participating for the glory might not.

• We never watch those things, but I’m sorry we didn’t this time because our neighbor in New Orleans, a jazz clarinetist who played several gigs in BsAs a couple of months ago, was part of it.

During the quarantine, he is keeping spirits up in the neighborhood by playing on his balcony every afternoon. He DOES give a shit, Semigoodlooking . Though I agree that people participating for the glory might not.

Yeah, I didn't see your friend and obviously don't know him, so cannot comment either way. However, I was talking generally as some of them do have their heart in the right place. I would put that around 5% of them.

5% - doing it for the right reasons

30% - look at me, please notice me

30% - look at me and also tell me how amazing I am

30% - This is some good free promotion

5% - they asked and I have nothing better to do

• I fully agree!

The question is this: what can that person do to help humanity getting over all this?????

MONEY!!!!

I in general do not like prominent people exposing their opinions on this and that, and right now I couldn't care less about their opinions or "support".

If u wanna make an honest statement, do like the Twitter guy!!!!

Most are out there just to expose their egos !!! Put ur fucking hand in the pocket with barbwire and THEN expose ur wisdom......then I listen to what u got to say!!!!

• The first of my recent purchases of two pipes from Mercado Libre is on its way to me. Despite the 400 peso charge for p&p it's been interesting following its progress using the track and trace facility. Supposed to receive it tomorrow more than 3 weeks after handing over the money for it....we shall see.

I haven't a clue what most of ot means.

21-04-2020 02:59 CTP BUENOS AIRES EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN
    20-04-2020 21:31 CTP BUENOS AIRES LLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO
    15-04-2020 12:20 EZEIZA EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN
    15-04-2020 12:07 EZEIZA INGRESO AL CORREO
    15-04-2020 12:07 EZEIZA REPESAJE
    28-03-2020 12:26 CORREO ARGENTINO PREIMPOSICION
  • HOLY TOLEDO! GOOD NIGHT, IRENE! and GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM NAM!!!

(Just heard a construction worker on our block yell that out; apparently hit his thumb with a hammer or something)

Try yelling that out your window, UK Man , to see if it feels good!

• I'm just glad it's actually moving at all to be honest. The seller wasn't all that confident he'd be able to send it in the first place due to the lockdown/quarantine restrictions.

I seem to recall most of my previous ML purchases had similar crazy routings getting from A-B via XYZ. Albeit they were usually completed in a much shorter timeframe.

• Official Post

You may start drinking at 10 am Rice

But look, Jorge Captanich, the idiot governor of Chaco has decided to demand data from the cell phone companies to track people's movements.

My article suggested as much and this now proves it. What a fucking arsehole!

https://www.clarin.com/politic…haquenos_0_kWhPYkl3B.html