Goverment buys for 574 million peso food

There are 114 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,163 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• serafina even that woman would not have authorization to sign of 574 million pesos before consulting above!!!!! This is not a lunch ticket, two menu del dia and two coffees!!!!!

I'm quite aware of general hierarchy structures......I worked many years by an American bank...... obviously everything get signed of on different levels and with different importance. This is a huge amount, and also it is a measurement SOMEONE have decided for, not only the purchase, but the idea.....who decide to distribute for half a billion peso food? This woman????? Doubt it!

All the people below the stinky fish can be used as scapegoats and explication........but there is absolutely NO WAY this decision to buy food and to make a 574 million peso purchase was done without Albertos knowledge and acceptance!

• Official Post

serafina even that woman would not have authorization to sign of 574 million pesos before consulting above!!!!! This is not a lunch ticket, two menu del dia and two coffees!!!!!

I'm quite aware of general hierarchy structures......I worked many years by an American bank...... obviously everything get signed of on different levels and with different importance. This is a huge amount, and also it is a measurement SOMEONE have decided for, not only the purchase, but the idea.....who decide to distribute for half a billion peso food? This woman????? Doubt it!

All the people below the stinky fish can be used as scapegoats and explication........but there is absolutely NO WAY this decision to buy food and to make a 574 million peso purchase was done without Albertos knowledge and acceptance!

I am surprised you think that there is such level of formality in this party where it is all a family/friend business.

(I am not saying she actually authorized the purchase, I am just questioning there is really a chain of command that truly reflects the official capacities).

• hahaha......... serafina I'm surprised u believe that the top head would be let out of the deal......

If I was boss, or if anyone was boss, for sure that would be the most important......: not to forget the boss!!!!!

This is not lunch money!

There is a chain of command in any corruption!!!!

Just look at the trapitos..... who's the boss of those and to who they report to? The police !!!! U don't have organized crime in many small segregated units.....they all lead to the same top more or less.....

Or my question would be this: you think a top mafia boss would let his three step lower gang member collect a higher amount of money than himself? Doubt it! If he would allow, (he would then already know about it!), He would do it because there is an even larger amount waiting for himself somewhere else!!!!

Please dont under estimate the intelligence of those people......it's their business and how they make their lives!

• Official Post

hahaha......... serafina I'm surprised u believe that the top head would be let out of the deal......

If I was boss, or if anyone was boss, for sure that would be the most important......: not to forget the boss!!!!!

This is not lunch money!

I think Alberto is not very high in the Campora business chain of command, if he is ever considered part of it full time.

I am REALLY convinced Alberto was put as Head of State just for show, while behind the scenes La Campora resumed business where they had left it 4 years ago.

Cristina definitely knew. Alberto? Maybe not. Arroyo (Alby's guy)? Maybe not... he indeed said the price was imposed to him by the entrepreneurs themselves. This was bigger than Arroyo...

Alberto looks like a fool now.

Just my two cents.

(And you've been calling him a fool forever yourself, @JAN!)

• serafina what u say is the absolutely only other option there could be......

It's true, it could be above his level.....but still he have signed of the deal and was knowledgeable of it!

But then we have for sure the confirmation on who the true top head is!!!!! Chrissy!

And yes I have always been calling him fool or clown......but if ur theory is true then he is more a bitch.... hahaha

• Official Post

serafina what u say is the absolutely only other option there could be......

It's true, it could be above his level.....but still he have signed of the deal and was knowledgeable of it!

But then we have for sure the confirmation on who the true top head is!!!!! Chrissy!

And yes I have always been calling him fool or clown......but if ur theory is true then he is more a bitch.... hahaha

Some pretty wild allegations there @JAN

But most governments don't work like that. In fact they don't operate like corporations because when a minister is given a ministry, he's also given a budget and every ministerial spending decision doesn't go past the president. How can it? That's not the way government works.

And now you're saying that Cristina is part of a plan to steal the difference in the prices and that Alberto knew all about it? Again, I don't buy that, so you must have been taking far too much anti-peroncho medication.

For me, what's more incredible is that Arroyo has not resigned or been fired himself since the sacking of 15 members of his ministry. I would say that it's even a matter of honour that he resign, but as we know, there's no honour amongst thieves.

• Splinter u r to funny.....

I think you still do not fully understand the amount we are talking about!

To put it in context:

The amount is equal to the FULL 2019 budget of desarrollo social......!!!!

Basically this amount ALONE is using the same money that was allocated to this ministerium for the full year of 2019!!!!

So you think they just use it like buying bonbons or what? Without any check up or consulting anyone?

Plus, the president himself is talking about the measurements to be taken, to buy food for the poor etc.

To believe anyone can just make a purchase of something for 574 million peso because he has a budget, have never worked in any organization with more than one person.

If you wanna believe this was just a casual mistake with no bad intention, u r welcome to believe it!

And yes, I fully stand to what I wrote about alby and the queen and her gang........

Btw, what is your take on the pami alcohol gel? (I posted link earlier).

Also a miscalculation of course!

How would anyone know the price of alcohol gel!

Another funny fact that people have been addressing:

The extreme price mark up on the fideos was explained and justified by saying it was not bags of 500 gr but bags of 1000 gr.......

Please send me a photo of a 1 kg bag of fideos......no one have ever seen those bags anywhere.....must be a new invention!!!!

Also I fully respect you believe this did not happen like the media coverage explain it, but please do me a favour and explain me what happened!!!! Who bought what, why they didn't know the prices etc etc.

This was not the last one.....many more to come.......all just mistakes like they happen on a daily basis and like the happened 13 years long.

• Official Post

The president decides policy and from what I've read, he's well versed in current prices, but I still maintain that every purchase decision does not cross his desk.

As for fideos/pasta, you can indeed buy 1KG packs, as these examples illustrate.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.…57-4130-b605-ac5dfdda75b4

The gel is an illustration of the same corruption and yes, I'm not denying that there has been an attempt at stealing, but I still argue that the attempted theft is at a departmental level and NOT sanctioned by the president, as you are clearly alleging.

I'm not in denial @JAN , but the way you're reacting makes it sound like you work for Cronica.

• I agree this was a scam and cover up. I am unsure how high up it went, but it seems unlikely Alberto did not know about such a big expenditure. The only benefit of the doubt I would give him is he possibly was told the lie too and simply signed off on it without doing his homework. That said, there are 1KG bags of pasta readily available. I am sure someone will do the math and conclude whether those kilo bags would make up the price difference. I'll bet a peso they don't.

• Splinter if my remarks are CRONICA remarks, yours are quite streamlined with those of C5N and Pagina12!!!!!

The brand of fideos that was in the purchase does not exist in 1 kilo bags!!!

And I find it quite a funny mistake....maybe the oil prices was also per Barrell and not per liter as indicated in the purchase.

Something else..... Splinter said earlier for fun "someone got caught with the fingers in the cookie jar"........but it's not true!!!!! Someone got caught with the fingers in the jar with the money to fill up the cookie jar. From that jar, to filling up the cookie jar, then distributing the cookies to the cookie monsters is a loooooooooo way! I bet 10 peso cookie money would end up being 1 pesos actual cookie. Already by the first link 2/3 got erased, (as I earlier said, retail prices is well below supermarket prices!!!).

Imagine how many cookies would fall out of the cookie truck on the way to the cookie jar. Then again from the cookie jar to the cookie monsters......oh boy, I doubt there would be any cookies left at all hahaha

• It can be a naive question, of course.

But if a government wished to purchase some thing, why they need an intermediate for doing this?

For instance, if you wish to buy pasta, why not asking prices to Molinos, Matarazzo, Luchetti or Don Vicente directly?

For sure, they are hiding a burglar's move.

• Excellent point, Carlos . Surely these companies would be happy to sell directly to the government at levels equal to or less than the prices they charge to wholesalers.

As for how far up the chain this goes, a US president of 75 years ago called Harry S. Truman kept a sign on his desk saying “The Buck Stops Here.” Overlooking current bullying leaders, the world expects honest leaders to accept responsibility for the actions of those below them in the chain of command, and take responsibility.

Isn’t this the way of the military? Who would have respect for a commander whose defense was “I didn’t know there was any corruption among the troops in my charge?” No. His job is to know what is happening, and he will be disciplined for any lack of control in his ranks.

• To be honest this doesn't come as any surprise to me as you can see examples of it everywhere as you go about your daily business. It's engrained in most areas of society.

Too many wankers in positions who don't have the necessary skills to be in. I don't see it changing.

• Official Post

Hence my point that Arroyo (the minister) should have resigned or been fired.

If the president wants to retain his credibility and maintain the visage of a hard man under the current crisis, he should fire him. It's all very well telling us, the general public, that they are going to crack down even harder on people flouting the quarantine laws, but if he can't keep his own house in order, many people will simply ignore him.

• u wanna fire the man u made a deal with? Hahaha......

I would like to see the official papers in this deal......of course alby would be to clever to put his signature on the deal I think......but as Rice say, obviously this was agreed on and "signed" of on top level.....that's how it works!

These type of deals does not just get one approval, they go through many stages......

The good alby is in the media all the time explaining all measurements being taken, also explicit and detailed telling about price controls, how food and supplies will be distributed in the poorer neighborhoods......but still he in not informed about it, even that it's half a billion peso purchase? Don't make me laugh!

In Scandinavia we have very flat hierarchy in general, so each individual is on a very similar level as other employees....... Argentina it the 180 degree other direction....... everyone knows exactly which level they are on and who they report to. You don't have a higher level official at the same level as a lower official......the lower official is under dog!!!!!

In Scandinavia you could very well have a higher ranking official than you, that would report to same person as you, even that he is above you.......making the piramide more flat and equal. Meaning you would not require his approval first and then the next link.

In a situation like that, this purchase would have been made possible without the levels above and the top head knowing about it. But in Argentina: absolutely implausible!!!!