Goverment buys for 574 million peso food

There are 114 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,166 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• yes it's a whole circular Splinter .......who is getting what, who got on the idea, who is the one to use as a supplier and and and , is all not clear yet.......but the scam is as clear as can be!!!!!

If u can buy cheaper fideos in the supermarket than the government gets by the supplier directly, for sure something isn't totally kosher!!!!!!

I got quoted that I'm promoting COTO, for sure I should ask you, why do you wanna defend someone that obviously involved in a scam??????

As I already said: if the top fish himself, can make press conferences quoting prices for individual products, what the supermarket should sell them at and so on, how can the same guy not be knowing the price he is allowing himself being paid?

Or you really seriously wanna tell me that nobody of any of the officials including the president and the person in charge of the contract of purchase, would not get a cent of the hugely overpriced products????

You also believe the billions that Lazaro Baez scammed from the state, only went to his own pockets????? Come-on Splinter ..........the goons in charge of scamming the country during 13 years are now in charge again, and this time they get caught scamming again, but this time it's just a mistake....... hahaha

I cannot believe this freaking country and their followers!!!!

• Official Post

You're jumping to enormous conclusions @JAN, particularly regarding the president, simply because you have a twisted view of the Peronists. I also don't need a lesson in Argentine corruption.

I'm not suggesting that there hasn't been any foul play here, but at the very highest level? I still don't see that.

• Splinter , I think the main point @JAN is making is that, regardless of where the corruption lies, at the very least, SOME official approved some prices so high that the taxpayers are being fleeced. If the persons in charge of procuring/approving the procurement aren’t at the top, then the top people need to very publicly decry the situation and fire the rotten apples.

if that isn’t happening, the problem is more serious.

• hahaha Splinter .......u r bajo-zeroing now........

"Jumping to enormous conclusions" hahaha

Let's do it another way then:

You tell me what happened in this deal......

Please explain me......I'm looking forward to hear that story.......

I repeat: the same people in charge of price controls, did not know what the prices was????? Exactly those accusing supermarkets of putting to high prices....they don't know what those prices are, they consider to high????

Let me again remind u: the gang in charge now, is exactly the same gang from before Macri......even the top mobster herself is vice president.....the president himself served several years in the same gang! But they have all suddenly left the gang to be saints.....but by a mistake they got caught in one of their scams they have practiced in decades....... obviously just a coincidence!

I would recommend u not to smoke anymore of the tobacco u got delivered, surely it's not just normal tobacco!

• Official Post

Splinter , I think the main point @JAN is making is that, regardless of where the corruption lies, at the very least, SOME official approved some prices so high that the taxpayers are being fleeced. If the persons in charge of procuring/approving the procurement aren’t at the top, then the top people need to very publicly decry the situation and fire the rotten apples.

if that isn’t happening, the problem is more serious.

I entirely agree and for what it's worth, I'm not burying my head in the sand but questioning the allegations laid out in this forum.

We all know of every accusation made against CFK and her cronies but I'm finding it hard to accept two important issues here:

That Alberto Fernandez is actively on the take and turning a blind eye to a clear misuse of public funds and why he hasn't taken any disciplinary action against those involved.

The knee-jerk reaction of any anti-Peronist when they get a sniff of this kind of activity is to say that they're all at their old tricks again, without backing it up with any actual proof.

• Any purchase of half a billion pesos something, I believe it's the top head of the state, the president, to verify and check!!!!

What his position is in this, and what his cut was, no idea.....but it's just not plausible that a half billion deal just get signed of by John Doe!

• serafina as suspected.....

Now my question is this:

Who do Arroyo report to????? 🤔

Or is he the boss himself in signing of deals worth 574 million pesos????

Draw ur own conclusions!!!!

Anyone that want me to believe that Alberto did not know about this purchase is seriously trolling and insulting the intelligence of any person that have worked in a company with more than one person or that is knowledgeable of basic hierarchy structures!!!

• Official Post

Who do Arroyo report to????? 🤔

Quote from from the same article

Calvo, exsecretario de Seguridad de Almirante Brown, hombre cercano al intendente Mariano Cascallares , era el nexo entre los intendentes y el Ministerio de Desarrollo Social. Incluso, hace un año, cuando era aún era funcionario del municipio, fue investigado por corrupción. "Fue el que avanzó con la compra", describieron cerca del ministro.

Esta no era la primera experiencia de Calvo en Desarrollo Social. El exsecretario había formado parte del equipo durante la gestión de la gobernadora Alicia Kirchner y responde a el exdiputado y hombre fuerte de AFIP, Carlos Castagneto. Mismo vinculo que mantiene la secretaria de Gestión Administrativa, Cecilia María Lavot , quien autorizó el pago. Algunos dentro de la Casa Rosada ya posaron sus ojos sobre la acción de Lavot en la compra de alimentos un 50% más caros que en el mercado.

They really do a thorough screening of their most prominent political exponents at La Campora. They must have thought he was a perfect fit for the job.

• Official Post

Well that's a step in the right direction and it also appears that Calvo (the one who pressed the button) has been investigated for corruption before when he worked at the town council of Almirante Brown.

It also seems that the ministry for social dev is crawling with Camporista rats and Calvo has also been linked with Alicia Kirchner.

My view is changing and the president, if he has the balls, should himself be acting on this and not pretend that it's business as usual.

• just found the transcript of the talk that lead to the purchase:

Dani: yo bro, how it's hanging?

Alby: great....but the bitch at home is nagging around.....even that I got her of the streets and turned her into a princess....

Dani: yo man I hear what u r saying ....fucking hard times man....pick up ur guitar an give it a go....

Alby: yea might do that....

Dani: listen amigo, I got an idea......why not throw some dough out in da hoods so they can make their chimichunga that they are eating.....just to keep them on our side.

Alby: great idea, I'm all in man....u r my man!

Dani: just some basic shit , like sugar and oil n so on.... nothing more!

Alby: go for it mate , I'm all in...just get the shit done man......u dont need to ask for those small things.

Dani: great alby, I'll get the shopping done then...... let's get those pancakes out there!

Alby: ok Dani u r a star, peace!

• The knee-jerk reaction of any anti-Peronist when they get a sniff of this kind of activity is to say that they're all at their old tricks again, without backing it up with any actual proof.

I’m included in the slight minority in the country who have this knee-jerk reaction. Knowing the Peronists’ reputation, Alberto really needs to go ‘WAY out of his way to demonstrate that his administration is squeaky clean.

This gambit is a real black eye for him.

• Official Post

I’m included in the slight minority in the country who have this knee-jerk reaction. Knowing the Peronists’ reputation, Alberto really needs to go ‘WAY out of his way to demonstrate that his administration is squeaky clean.

This gambit is a real black eye for him.

But if you think past the blaming-game, who is going to prosecute the corrupted government?

If nobody cares, nothing changes.

The world has definitely bigger things to think about, and after all, if this how the people of Argentina accept to live (and vote them), they'll have to live with the consequences.

• Official Post

serafina - - True. And sad.

The administration has the benefit of the fact that everyone is currently obsessed with covid-19, and not paying too much attention to Business As Usual.

Fideo Index is perfect, GlasgowJohn !

Not entirely. With so much time on our hands, surely we're paying more attention to the news?

• still nobody have addressed the question:

Who signed of the go ahead????

Who have an authorization to make a 574 million purchase just like that????

NO ONE!!! Except the head of state!!!!!

This has 100% passed the table of Alberto......!!!!! Whoever they use as scapegoat or try to blame, does not change that fact!!!!

• @JAN yep, I find it hard to believe the president had zero knowledge of this deal, even if he didn't ultimately greenlight it. It's implausible that he was not aware of the finer details before going ahead. It is amazing how they would try this under the spotlight they are currently under and it speaks to the way corruption works here, as detailed excellently by serafina on the previous page.