Covid-19 and online shopping

There are 80 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,663 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• Official Post

In my coto in San Fernando they do take the quarantine very seriously...even that it's a huge coto..... they only let in a certain amount of people and after that subsequently only new are let in when others are leaving.

Can you drive to another partido? We need to go shopping this week and we'd like to go to several places nearby. Our idea was me driving the car and my husband doing the shopping, so that he can put the bags in the car while we move from one store to the next. However, we don't know if this is allowed. I am pretty sure he can walk 4 blocks to the Coto on Scalabrini, but it seems stupid to have him walk 4 blocks back with 20 kg of food when we have a car. We'd like to stock up for another two weeks. The less you go out, the better. Innit?

• serafina doubt u would be allowed to go to San Fernando....it's 30 km away!

Anyway by going by car you can go where u want nearby your house I guess....but I have no idea if other cotos are better than the one on scalabrini.

I always shopped in the one at charcas/aguero....it was one block from my house.....same service or lack of, as all the other ones.

Your idea to go by car, would be my preferred too....that's how I do it......in princip you don't get stopped, plus you are in a closed environment inside car....

Btw by carrefour they have a pickup service......u order all ur goods online and pay, then u just drive by the drive-in and pick it up........that option existed years here by me, though never tested it out.

Splinter obviously the best would be that everyone stay home and everyone respects the rules and social distances ....

Anyway friday you put together millions of exactly the most vulnerable, without any protection whatsoever, together with all the bobos that collect handouts from the government.....

The whole idea behind the quarantine was totally jeopardized..... whatever quarantine rules anyone follows from now on, does not have any real impact compared to the mass contamination on Friday!

• Official Post

@JAN

Clearly, Friday was a total cock-up by the government who should have foreseen it, bearing in mind that so many pensioners insist on cash and queue up at banks anyway. They already knew this and couldn't or wouldn't recognise it.

My point was that, if everyone does their bit, it all adds up. Even one person fucking around puts hundreds at risk.

• The Coto in Escobar is fairly well controlled as is Dia

Only a certain amount of people allowed inside . Social distancing inside fairly well controlled as well

Every supermarket here has implemented new controls. Even our small Dia had a girl at the locked door only allowing someone in when someone left. It was a pleasure to move around inside without being crowded out. I was only in getting some ''essential'' beer.

• Jan, do you work for Coto's PR team by any chance?

Every supermarket chain works on this basis: some stores are better than other. This is the same anywhere in the world but in Argentina there seems to be a wider swing to the extremes. You can get a Coto store that is good and well-stocked with plenty of products and you can get others that are awful and not well-stocked. This happens with Carrefour too.

You need to go to the bigger stores (Cuidadala) for Coto and San Martin for Carrefour, for example. In these stores you will find the most variance of products, included imported. Go to a smaller store then you'll have less luck.

However, Coto tends to be generally dirtier when you get to the smaller stores. Carrefour Express locations are generally new and clean, whereas local Coto's are usually worse for wear.

One thing I have also noted is that Coto's staff are typically terrible, even by Argentina's standards. We're not expecting stellar service anywhere in this country, but Coto's apathetic and unhelpful staff take it to the next level. If it comes to products, after Jumbo and Disco I find Coto to be the best followed by Carrefour. However, I would prefer to shop in Carrefour over Coto.

• Semigoodlooking .....

Yea that's me.....how u know????

Beside my MAGA international job of course!

But seriously, the more the left-wing and peroncho goons try with their dirty campaign to break up successful companies like coto or mercadolibre, the more I like them and support them!

It can be I have just gone totally ignorant to everything and got used to it. I only frequent the larger coto shops, the one in barracas/Telmo on Garcia, the one here by me in San Fernando and then the one on charcas/aguero.

I always found the attention in any supermarket quite horrible in regard to customer service, so I gave up even getting annoyed. Just the idea of asking an employee for some help, I never get.....I know what the answer will be!

Years back I found carrefour very expensive compared to coto, but that have changed. The disco supermarkets I found really dirty and not very well assorted....even the one I used on Santa Fe and aguero.

I'm like a special forces navy deal when I go shopping: get in, get the job done and leave as quick as possible....with as few wounds possible.

• It’s happening everywhere. My US doctor is still waiting for medical supplies overnighted (ha!) via FedEx on March 25 from a pharmacist just 400 km away, Anticipated delivery date is now April 15.

If your ML delivery takes that long, Splinter , you’ll have kicked the habit by the time it arrives!

• Official Post

When we lived in San Isidro we used to go to the Coto in Martinez, which I believe is the same Coto where Splinter shops.

Occasionally, we went also to the Coto in Bajo San Isidro (the one from the article) and it was dark and damp, but the walking there was nicer (we walked through the casco historico).

There are three Cotos along Scalabrini: one is near Warner, on two floors. One is half-way which is the one near Plaza Armenia, smaller and usually crowded. And then there is the enormous one on Santa Fe and Scalabrini, all shiny.

I like the one on Warner because it's bigger and there are cashers on both floors. But we'd need to drive there.

• Official Post

It’s happening everywhere. My US doctor is still waiting for medical supplies overnighted (ha!) via FedEx on March 25 from a pharmacist just 400 km away, Anticipated delivery date is now April 15.

If your ML delivery takes that long, Splinter , you’ll have kicked the habit by the time it arrives!

Five days to do 10 kilometres?

Hmm, kicking the habit?

:scratchead: