Coronavirus around the world

There are 219 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by UK Man.

• A note from a British ex-serviceman:

• Who in their right minds would hang out in the park with cops and dogs going after them?!

As people would say in my birth state of Alabama, THOSE COPS MEAN BIDNESS!

• If you can stand one more count site, this one has live updates and has a country-by-country chart showing all the main categories, including number of tests administered, a number that can help explain some large discrepancies in reported numbers of cases /deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/…utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

Can it be possible that Argentina has given fewer than 12k tests, or 261 per million population? By comparison, tests per million population in other countries :

Italy - 12,495

Switzerland -19,346

Germany - 10,962

Norway - 29,001

USA - 6,271

UK - 3,929

Argentina - 261

Shame on the USA and UK for having done so few tests, and so late. And shame on Argentina for pretending to have any knowledge AT ALL, of how many cases/deaths there have been.

• Terrible effort by the UK and US for sure. It will be interesting to return to this in a couple of weeks. It seems those countries would have got their act together by then and we see those numbers much higher. Argentina? Probably not.

• It must be said that

If you can stand one more count site, this one has live updates and has a country-by-country chart showing all the main categories, including number of tests administered, a number that can help explain some large discrepancies in reported numbers of cases /deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/…utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

This website is the first one with a number of ICU patients due to coronavirus in Argentina. Currently, 96 in serious/critical condition.

• Is anyone else disturbed by the low number of tests given in all of Argentina?

I’m encouraged by the small number of covid-19 patients in ICU’s, and the low number of both cases and deaths. Why am I waiting for a dam to break? Let’s hope that Argentina will escape the overwhelming hit that much of the northern hemisphere is having. Is quarantine going to do the trick? When can we exhale?

• Is anyone else disturbed by the low number of tests given in all of Argentina?

I have some doubts whether some of these testing figures around the world are accurate....maybe they're dragging people in off the streets to test them for no real reason?

I’m encouraged by the small number of covid-19 patients in ICU’s, and the low number of both cases and deaths. Why am I waiting for a dam to break? Let’s hope that Argentina will escape the overwhelming hit that much of the northern hemisphere is having. Is quarantine going to do the trick? When can we exhale?

The ICU number is still 96. It looks like nobody is counting. :pinched-fingers2:

• I have some doubts whether some of these testing figures around the world are accurate....maybe they're dragging people in off the streets to test them for no real reason?

On the contrary: they are administering a laughably small number of tests, guaranteed to miss most of the people who would probably test positive.

That is, if they wanted to know.