Coronavirus around the world

There are 1,097 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 149,728 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

This is kind of hard to view, but I know I can not and do not want this disease.

The local newspaper of my home town today published a brief interview with a surgeon who did a lung transplant on a 18 years-old covid-19 patient in Milan. He said the boy's lungs 'were like stones' and that he was wearing 3 pairs of gloves during surgery, to make things harder. The surgery lasted 10 hours. He said there is a psychologist team following the young patients because he was sedated two months ago because he was feverish and is waking up two months later with a lung transplant.

• Same here. When someone approaches, out of courtesy, I pull the mask across my face. And hope they will do the same for me.

I made my living doing millwright work in different grain elevators scattered up and down the Mississippi River,

working with different companies, the dust in some of the plants was so bad one could barely see your hand, right

in front of your face. No way I would walk into that without my N95 mask for my ppe, now relate this to covid-19. If we

could actually see the particles being expelled from one 's mouth, we just might be horrified. PPE was made for one,s

protection, from varying sources of foreign objects, and while some ppe, like masks, fall protection, hazmat suits may be

uncomfortable, it is better than nothing at all.

I had to retire at 64, because of what the dust has done to my lungs. My breathing has gotten better, but that is also why

I personally will, and have to use, my mask when out in public. Call me a WIMP, or a scared SOB, I do not care, but I will

have my mask on in public.

• I still think the compulsory wearing of masks soon as you step out of the house here is more of a you'll do as I say exercise than anything else.

Exactly.....

But it falling apart....

Yesterday and today I was taking a walk around by the river here in tigre.....

Tigre is extremely controlled normally, not very flexible.....but it seems like the mask stupidity is close to loosing.....sitting by the river, COT, (Local police/municipality)....stopped and walked over to me.....never have trouble and never play stupid....he told me I could not sit around but need to be moving around.....that's the rule....I say ok and I start to pull out my mask of my pocket..."ahhhhh yes, and dont forget ur mask" he say .....hahaha

It's falling apart the mascarade.... Tigre, one of the most controlled and well organized in whole conurbano already have started to conclude it's a big scam....both the officials and the population.

I meet many senior citizen I know, walking around by river like they have always done.... without masks! Also on the street people have decided enough is enough....of course only when no one close. I myself are going same direction,( but wearing mask by any shopping or close to any)

• daniel , Through your personal experience, you understand far better than most, the importance of protective equipment as a life saver rather than a political statement.

When you said “ If we could actually see the particles being expelled from one 's mouth, we just might be horrified,” I realized that one of the reasons some people are misled into thinking that masks are mere political symbols is that they can’t see, smell, feel or taste the virus or the droplets holding them.

I’m so sorry that your job led to your serious health problems, and I’m glad you are protecting yourself against the virus.

• I was thinking about this yesterday Eve in the bed:

I seriously doubt any Constitution in the Western world allow what is going on currently with the quarantine.

Imagine this scenario:

You have a person ABC, fully healthy, no sickness of any kind, no health issues, and for all: NO CORONAVIRUS, either visible or by any blood test to been seen.

Person ABC, a law abiding citizen, never with problems in his life with authorities, paying his taxes and living a fully normal John Doe life.

Is the any part in any Constitution that allow a government entity to proclaim that person is a health risk for the country? Considered he does not interact with any other. It's absolutely absurd!!!

Would be the same as demanding to forbid sex, since HIV are spreading through intercourse and therefore ANYONE can get it, even two totally healthy persons having sex.

Now we are into months 3 of this madness, actually the world longest madness.....and according media, to be extended to 6 months......

This madness need to stop!!!!

• Just as countries that had thousands of deaths are moving forward with leaving their own lockdowns. I think it's safe to assume June is done and dusted, the restrictions will continue. However, we are all reading enough things and hearing enough noise to suggest this is going to continue beyond. I am sure it is already done behind the scenes for this to extend until the end of October. I will be shocked (happily so) if the lockdown lifts in July or August.

If I am correct and we are locked down until September 1, it will probably be another 2-3 months for a staged reintroduction to be complete. So, that's 2020 out of the way. Isn't it amazing that when the measures were first taken we were told the lockdown would be for 10 days? We were told measures were taken to prepare the health system. Well, shouldn't it be sufficiently prepared by now?

• its getting harder by the day to uphold the quarantine.....doubt they can keep it going that long.

But as I said many times before: the virus came as a blessing!!!! (Here in Argentina).

• Official Post

its getting harder by the day to uphold the quarantine.....doubt they can keep it going that long.

But as I said many times before: the virus came as a blessing!!!! (Here in Argentina).

I too have thought that Argentina wants to play the pity card with IMF using the virus as an excuse, but it would very naive for them to believe the IMF would care about it. It's not a humanitarian organization. But this may as well be their strategy since at the government they don't exactly seem to be as sharp as a tack...

• Official Post

Many are already ignoring the rules. In the province you're still not allowed to go for a walk which is completely bizarre, so yesterday plenty of families and cyclists passed our house on their way to the riverside. This will gradually increase and little by little the amount of people going out will multiply, because we've had enough.

Not to mention the fact that countries with far higher cases and deaths have relaxed the rules quite considerably and yet Argentina still insists on keeping us under house arrest.

• Many are already ignoring the rules. In the province you're still not allowed to go for a walk which is completely bizarre, so yesterday plenty of families and cyclists passed our house on their way to the riverside. This will gradually increase and little by little the amount of people going out will multiply, because we've had enough.

Not to mention the fact that countries with far higher cases and deaths have relaxed the rules quite considerably and yet Argentina still insists on keeping us under house arrest.

Indeed.

From today all shops here are allowed to open from 9am-6pm. As soon as I woke up the atmosphere was completely different from before. The noise level from the street has increased tenfold and there's lots more activity going on. A big step forward has been taken and one which I can't see being reversed.....maybe they've realised they had milked the situation as much as they could?

• ..maybe they've realised they had milked the situation as much as they could?

hahaha.....U really think? I thought the milking of an empty cow was impossible, but I was wrong...

They already talk about reversing the relaxed quarantine......

And how can they do it in provinces without any cases????? Take a guess.....

• hahaha.....U really think? I thought the milking of an empty cow was impossible, but I was wrong...

They already talk about reversing the relaxed quarantine......

And how can they do it in provinces without any cases????? Take a guess.....

Our mayor is the ex police chief for the area so has been very strict with the quarantine rules and hasn't messed about.
    I suspect he sensed the masses who obeyed his every command have had enough and were about to rebel. There will be no going back now. It's probably the unions who have allowed the opening of the shops anyway.