Sierra cordobesa

There are 56 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,017 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Isn't the Embassy of the United Kingdom protesting for these images all over the country?

They even have made a street sign for the Malvinas propaganda! I have personally seen them all over the country.

1511513213991.jpg2

No protests are likely.

It would not add anything to a healthy debate and just cause provocation to people who dont understand the basic principles of international law.

The current Ambassador has done more to help Argentine citizens who fought in the war to come to peace with themselves and has reunited many parents with the remains of their relatives who died in action and were left in many cases unburied or buried in mass graves by the Argetine invading force.

• Official Post

Out on my bike I've seen those signs all over the place and just ignore them now, just as the British government probably does.

The problem is that there are still thousands of Malvinas fanatics in Argentina and it doesn't take much to stir them up.

As GJ says, the current British ambassador is doing a great job at mending fences, as did Macri's government in fact.

Peronists? That's another matter.

• I respectfully think that including the photo of that sign in Rosario does not add anything pertinent to the thread named "Sierra cordobesa". It is useless and provoking troubles and arguments between the members of this forum. You can find these signs in many places of this country. (in my opinion a real nonsense, as the facts shows that the return to Argentina of the isles will not be possible at least in centuries)

• I respectfully think that including the photo of that sign in Rosario does not add anything pertinent to the thread named "Sierra cordobesa". It is useless and provoking troubles and arguments between the members of this forum. You can find these signs in many places of this country. (in my opinion a real nonsense, as the facts shows that the return to Argentina of the isles will not be possible at least in centuries)

To be honest Carlos despite being a Brit I really couldn't care less who they 'belong to'. This country needs to sort itself out before taking over anything.

• UK man said

To be honest Carlos despite being a Brit I really couldn't care less who they 'belong to'. This country needs to sort itself out before taking over anything

I agree. We have had a fruitful relationship with the British Empire for almost a Century and more, and both parts had taken advantage of it. The Malvinas Falkland affair is not a vital question for Argentina. It does not move the amperimeter, as we say here. We have many things to adjust before thinking in this affair.

• Official Post

I respectfully think that including the photo of that sign in Rosario does not add anything pertinent to the thread named "Sierra cordobesa". It is useless and provoking troubles and arguments between the members of this forum. You can find these signs in many places of this country. (in my opinion a real nonsense, as the facts shows that the return to Argentina of the isles will not be possible at least in centuries)

Actually, the road sign was taken from the Internet as I couldn't take a picture quick enough while driving past one on the RN 9.

But the murales is from Rosario and I included it because it has a boot kicking the UK flag, which in my opinion takes it one step further.

One can assert what they want with a road sign with the Malvinas, but insulting another country's flag, takes it to another level.

• Official Post

The picture that serafina added is entirely pertinent because it's what she saw on her Cordoba travels and adds flavour to the postcard reports.

It also highlights the double standards that are rife in Argentina. For example, protesters can burn and deface the British Union Jack outside the British embassy and other places without fear of prosecution, whilst at the same time if you tried the same with the Argentine flag, you'd be deported.

• Official Post

Like in every university city, there is a lot of activism. Since the International women’s day was last week, there were many murales and exhibition about women and LGBT rights, too.

I also saw a murales to honor Chilean miners who got trapped last year (or was it in 2018?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Even where I live there are many murals/graffiti to be seen. My wife was embarrassed when I first came and asked what they were all about. To me they looked like something you'd see in a communist state.

Just one reason why in certain areas this country is 40 years behind the first world. I don't see it changing. :thumbdown:

• Just one reason why in certain areas this country is 40 years behind the first world. I don't see it changing

For some change is very hard and sometimes a change is not always for the good. Like the young voters in my country that are being swayed by the word "free", when in reality nothing is really free.

• For some change is very hard and sometimes a change is not always for the good. Like the young voters in my country that are being swayed by the word "free", when in reality nothing is really free.

Used to be the same to some extent in the UK until Thatcher put an end to it all.

I find there is a 'don't do as I do, do as I say' culture here with those in authority being the worst. For example my mother in law was paying tax on a large abandoned corner property for years. When we came here to stay my wife took over the running of the family affairs due to MIL getting on and unable to handle everything.

She got a letter from the council demanding the overgrown grass on the pavement outside the property be tidied up so I offered to do it. She started to look into the documents of this property and found there was more to the legal side than she thought. In other words mother in law was paying the tax despite having very little chance of ever having outright ownership of it.

My wife immediately stopped paying the tax and threw the numerous letters she got from the council demanding payment and maintenance of the outside of the property in the bin. The point I'm making is, around the corner from us is a council run school. The pavement outside of it has numerous trees and flower beds which are knee high in weeds and have been for months.....hence my ''don't do as I do'' comment.