The booze/boozers thread.

There are 609 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 42,191 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Never ceases to amaze me what Argentines put up with just to save a few pennies.

Having said that, I'm now getting like them which is a bit worrying.

Don't drink soft drinks here mainlly because they're more expensive than beer. The large plastic bottles of Coke/Sprite are useless inless you drink it all at once. The fruit juices are mostly crap as well....better just juicing your own although only if you like orange.

We do drink a lot of bottled water during the summer...the missus will only drink Villavicencio.

• Never ceases to amaze me what Argentines put up with just to save a few pennies.

Having said that, I'm now getting like them which is a bit worrying.

Like you, Splinter, I very much admire the people who, so squeezed by their governments, are able to carry on by saving a few pennies; downgrading their expectations; making do with cheaper cuts of meat, and having meat less often; buying store brands rather than national brands; and doing absolutely everything necessary to make it until the next payday. I don’t know how it’s humanly possible to continue doing this year after year.

• for the boozers out there:

Dia has Iguana beer on sale, last day today:

49 peso for a liter bottle!

Damn good deal.....

Not anything special the beer, but for sure drinkable.....

• I saw that, it's not bad especially if you're parched.

Colder weather and beer drinking isn't really for me so I won't be going for it......probably won't have any left anyway. More a wine drinker as the weather gets cooler. Yesterday I didn't even have a drink.

• Official Post

Not wishing to sound like a paragon of virtue, but I only drink once a week now, so my daily tipple in between the fun is Cepita Multifruta with a dash of Sprite lemonade. If I'm feeling really daring I might throw in a few ice cubes. I'm also addicted to Doritos, which I have to hide in my den, far away from the hungrier residents in this house.

And boy, do I look forward to that beer on a Friday night? Goes down like nectar!

• a chino next to me have the fernet menta on sale for 150......I love it but no argi does I think........lots of ice, some sprite or DIA "sprite" andfresh mint leaves and u r ready to go!!!! For 200 peso or a bit more.....

:bananadance::banana-with-kilt-smiley-emoticon:

• a chino next to me have the fernet menta on sale for 150......I love it but no argi does I think........lots of ice, some sprite or DIA "sprite" andfresh mint leaves and u r ready to go!!!! For 200 peso or a bit more.....

:bananadance::banana-with-kilt-smiley-emoticon:

Fernet is very popular here by all accounts. I've never had it.

• I have a weird relationship with Fernet. I enjoy drinking it because it never makes me blind drunk. I can drink a bottle mixed with Coke and wake up the next morning feeling okay. When me and my brother in law get down to it, we can go through a couple of bottles between us. Everything about that should mean were are seriously drunk, but Fernet just does not get me that drunk. I have no explanation for it. No other drink does that these days, with beer being the worst for my morning after.

When I was younger I had posining and spent a couple of days in hospital from extra strong German vodka. Since then my tolerances have been all over the place. I can drink strong alcohol like Whiskey and go through half a bottle and feel fine the next day. 2 beers and I feel like garbage. Smell a vodka and I want to throw up.