Hi Everyone! I’d like to introduce myself …

There are 97 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 19,116 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Good input. :thumbup:

And if Mateo needs a drinking buddy he won't need to look far. ^^

Yep, that's something I'm missing from the city.... I would have a lot pub friends..... people u just know from drinking but that u socialize with.......

In that sense tigre is lacking a bit....... the main people living here in center are youngsters, older, or couples.......crazy bachelors not so much......

I have tried many times seducing couples I know.....but it seems like the men are pseudo machos in Argentina, so the missus is calling the shots!!!! I have actually threatened one friend from here: if u don't man up I'm gonna ask your girlfriend to go n drink beer with me instead hahaha......

• Hey @JAN , you weren't drinking in Unicenter last evening?

The good lady and myself were having a quick sundowner before coming back to the rural backwoods and we noted that the guy a few bar stools away was speaking excellent Spanish to his mate but with a very marked German accent.

• Official Post

I was in Tigre yesterday at Puerto de Frutos to buy some decoration for the house. I noticed the many towers being built. I wondered if you can live in Tigre without a car or if it would limiting. Is it a walkable town, i.e. you can get most things by walking or do you need a car if you want to visit modern shops with a full assortment of items?

• GlasgowJohn .......nooooo wasn't me.....

I really avoid any type of shopping center on Saturdays......except of maybe carrefour or coto to buy meat!!!!!

So funny how the accent shines through.......when I send a WhatsApp voice message to someone and listen to it myself afterwards I just laugh.....u don't notice when u talk, but when u listen to urself afterwards u notice the accent.

I have a strong German accent in both English and Spanish....... because I lived in Germany most of life, even that I'm Dane.

The Danes have a funny accent also......I hear them from a mile away.......it's like a "buddy" accent, like somebody speaking very informal and friendly....a little hillbilly like.

serafina .......in tigre u can get along without car!

Station is max a km away if u live in City.....

Anything u need u got in walking or bicycle distance.....carrefour, DIA, pharmacy, resturants, any type of spare part shops for cars, bikes, boat related items, school or whatever......

Anyway what is worth to mention: tigre is huge.......and only tigre center I am talking about here.......rest if tigre, like el talal, Pacheco , don torquato etc. Is other story!!!!!!

I have been coming here since 2007, and now living here 3 years......I have NEVER seen any incident here at any point...... motochorro , robbing or whatever......it's being guarded like crazy..... anyone looking a little "different" get stopped....

The cams are following every little bit of the city.....no one gets away.

• Official Post

So funny how the accent shines through.......when I send a WhatsApp voice message to someone and listen to it myself afterwards I just laugh.....u don't notice when u talk, but when u listen to urself afterwards u notice the accent.

Same here! I don't even notice my regional Italian accent when I speak Italian, but I once listened to myself sending a voice message in Italian and I hated my own accent. We all think we speak 'perfect' (neutral) Italian and all the others are 'off'.

• I have been going to Tigre since 2004. I can't think of a better place to live. For me it is just wonderful there. Handy and walkable with good public transport system in place. Speaking of a car, that may not be such a good idea in Tigre because when there are floods - THERE ARE FLOODS and your car will be underwater unless you are on higher ground. And there is no such thing as higher ground when that river crests it's banks! Rare but a mess when it happens. As for crime, it isn't really there. It's as peaceful as any other place.

• Almost forgot ... you can be in the capital so easily. It is the best of both worlds. Jump on the train and you are in Retiro inside of an hour more or less.

• I am not ready to act today, I am guessing in about 5 years from now if I had to guess ... but that is where I am going to live and most likely die.

• I am not ready to act today, I am guessing in about 5 years from now if I had to guess ... but that is where I am going to live and most likely die.

5 years????? Hahaha....

Great, u r an early bird then.......

Its absolutely impossible to tell ANYTHING about what Argentina will b in 5 years...... impossible!!!!!

Could b a new 2001 is coming and 2025 is the greatest time to b here...... or the new 2001 is coming in 2024/25 and Argentina will be a hell on earth, or it can be a new 2001 is coming now and 2021 s great but then a new new 2001 is coming 2025........or maybe the right side get tired of the eternal bullshit and launch a overthrow and take power.......

5 years from now in Argentina is 50 years elsewhere.....

• The future is definitely uncertain, @JAN , and we all wish we had a crystal ball!

The thing we love about living in Palermo is that we can walk absolutely everywhere. And we can decide to go out to lunch in any of a number of restaurants, and BE there 10 minutes later. Not to mention being able to jump on the subte for a quick ride to Belgrano or Plaza de Mayo. Tigre is an hour away! But perhaps worth it to be out closer to nature?

• Rice

Tigre is the best and the best of anything, there is nothing to be discussed on that topic......when the coronavirus gets to Palermo u will understand why......beside that Trump would choose tigre....

• Rice

Tigre is the best and the best of anything, there is nothing to be discussed on that topic......when the coronavirus gets to Palermo u will understand why......beside that Trump would choose tigre....

• Hey Jan,

We have two things in common at the moment (Who knows? Perhaps more as we go along???) First - Tigre is a great place. It really is. Second, a good drink is never a bad thing.

I'll be in Tigre for the month of December ... get the drinks ready!

• Hey Jan,

We have two things in common at the moment (Who knows? Perhaps more as we go along???) First - Tigre is a great place. It really is. Second, a good drink is never a bad thing.

I'll be in Tigre for the month of December ... get the drinks ready!

Let's hope you two get together. :thumbup: I get the impression he;s a bit of a boozer so watch out!! ^^