Steak house recommendations

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 967 times. The latest Post () was by JAN.

• In two weeks my very best friend from Germany is visiting me for two weeks.......we have been around a lot places during our job together....a lot classy resturants around Europe, for business or seminars.

Now he arrive 5. March and I wanna take him to a top notch steakhouse with excellent wine list.

First impression last, so I want to make first Eve the best of the best.

Soooooo......I'm looking for recommendations........I'm a little outdated on the current restaurants..........

My own list of possible candidates would be don Julio, Cabrera, cabaña las Lila's, la brigada, don Ernesto.......

Anyone has some top pick????

Again, upscale with good wine list......hate good restus with single brand winelists....... terrible.....The rest of the time we will just do the excellent lower scale steakhouses and other places.

My own first choice would be las cabaña las Lila's in Puerto madero.......

Anyone that has some good recommendation?????

(Fitting this particular situation)

• @JAN , my pick would be La Brigada - We were there in December with an Australian friend who loved it. I like it because of all the top bunch it is the most typically Argentine parilla . Service is excellent without being over the top.

Having said that your other choices are pretty decent as well . If you need any help and you are paying , I would love to try them out with you to ensure everything is omk !!!:saint::saint::saint:

• GlasgowJohn ......thanks!!!!!

Yea, it's top on the list........I'm looking for must bang for the money.....cabaña las Lila's is crazy expensive.....so maybe to over do it.......but I love the wine list.....which is a huge book!!!!!

Went to la brigada a lot years back....I just sometimes find it very crowded and very little space....I don't like people to close to me.....

Btw just had two Dutch friends from Amsterdam visiting.......they were laughing of the prices......dirt cheap here now for foreigners! We went to a great French style tavern, Aldo's wine bar.......had, several bottles of champagne(3), redwine(3), entradas, some ojo de bife.....price for 4 people 12.000 pesos, 30 euros each.....nothing!

• Just booked two Tickets to a BBQ event close to nordelta. It's one of the biggest BBQ grill outlets I know of "GRILL WEST"......

If anyone need to buy a new grill.....stop by there......excellent outlet, huge shop.

Also the events are something special, though on the pricy side, but all included!