Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 195,295 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

every day that go by I'm more and more impressed with the scientifiKKos running the country.....Now after locking up 45 million people for a few months and more in sight, they realize that its time to isolate the more vulnerable barrios that have high density of people and low hygiene standards etc. Great! They are really starting to circle in the problem well!!!!

I think Larreta played this one well and that 'the Trio' (Fernandez, Larreta, and Kicillof) is starting to crack. Even if Fernandez was well intentioned to make it work, Kicillof is another hot-headed leftist, albeit with a decent shirt on. He started by blaming Vidal for what's happening now under his watch, and then he's blaming Larreta at the same time for not doing like him in Capital.

El gobierno bonaerense destacó el aislamiento de Villa Azul y criticó la ciudad de Buenos Aires por no hacer lo mismo con Villa 31

Nobody wants to be the one who points the finger at the naked king, i.e. nobody wanted to say 'the people in the villas are not going to self-manage' because they would have to explain why. Are they uneducated? Irresponsible? Inconsiderate? Savage? Fearless? Hunger-driven? These questions would make any politician tip-toe because any answer could be considered 'violent, classist, prejudiced'.

If Larreta did in Villa 31 what Kicillof is doing in the Province, they would have called him a dictator. Well played, Larreta. Let el profesor step in and take the toll for deciding to act on the Villas of the Capital.

• What annoys me is the total waste less measurements at same time as letting obvious "hotspots" increase in contamination.

Its obvious that many parts of Argentina does not need to strict measurements. even the barrios just a few kilometers out of CABA you would not need to control same way as the villas with huge density and low hygiene and a lot cross contamination. Wouldn't it have been the most clever thing, looking at the hotspots to start with and not after 2-3 months????

Actually now I think it's worthless to continue to try to barricade the virus in..... every freaking person of this country already have been in contact with it or spread it around.

Try to buy a car insurance after u have made a crash.....see if u manage! And if u do, let me know where, because I have a few bumps in my car.

In regard to the heavy weaponry in place to keep the people locked up.....I wouldn't worry a bit.....they will never turn guns against the people, because no soldier or policeman would ever shoot or repress seriously because he would know he would be blamed and put on trial afterwards. So when the shtf seriously, the security forces will turn their back and head home!

When the trouble is coming we will be left alone to sort it out.

• The only thing i trust less than an argentine, is an argentine with a gun, and i wouldn't bet the farm about them going home when the order comes down to shoot, seen it happening before with much less at risk

• The best investment I have made during the Cuarantena arrived on Saturday. A set of Gama hairclippers with a load of accessories.

I used to get a short back n sides razor cut every three weeks in the local barbers .

The hair cut cost 250 a time

The clippers cost 2,750

Another ten haircuts at home and I am in the money….

• Was thinking this morning it's time for a visit to Tati. I get mine cut about every 2-3 months so not worth the risk getting the wife to do it. Especially after seeing her clipping the dogs and the torment she puts them through. ^^

• Was thinking this morning it's time for a visit to Tati. I get mine cut about every 2-3 months so not worth the risk getting the wife to do it. Especially after seeing her clipping the dogs and the torment she puts them through. ^^

Let me guess: tati is the sister of ur housekeeper....

• Official Post

Our prick neighbor, the one throwing parties during the quarantine, had Coronavirus ‘with no symptoms really’. The common areas of our building haven’t been cleaned since the start of the quarantine because the cleaning lady is over 60 and severely overweight, so she is at risk.

The administration has not done any disinfection nor else. I think they’ve not been informed about the sick neighbor. My husband just eavesdropped the conversation.

I am pissed because he’s been holding it for so long. My husband and the other neighbor on our floor took turns to clean the common space of our floor (palier). It would have been more appropriate if they had taken extra caution because of a sick neighbor using the common areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• serafina .....so u mean repression against the 0.03% that have/had the virus and not being able to repress the remaining 99.97%? That's is dictatorship! Hahaha

• We have some contacts in the school the kids go to because most my wife's family worked there over the years. It is a fairly well respected private school, especially if you're looking for a Christian institution. Either way, speaking to the boy's teacher yesterday, she told us she has already been told that the school will not reopen this year. My wife phoned some higher uppers at the school and they said it is looking like that is the case and that the decision is out of their hands.

This is another pointer to me that the lockdown is planned to continue at least for the next 2-3 months (June/July/August).

If the government was steadfast behind the lockdown when there were few cases in the villas, why would it ease measures now we are seeing an "outbreak"?

• hahaha Semigoodlooking u don't ask yourself why they find out about the cases in the villas today and not months ago?????

I like the way how the news are writing about it: "alarming, now 300 new cases".......300 new cases is not alarming in a country of 45 million, and out of the 300 maybe 0 will die.....

We are in a bad movie.....

• There have only been 500 deaths in Argentina. It's amazing and I suspect the government would say that's because of its lockdown. Maybe, maybe not. Remember a couple of months ago when all the news was about COVID-19 having a death rate of 3-5%? All that talk has died down now. I think it's clear, even in countries that had major outbreaks that it is not as deadly as first thought, and not even close.

In the UK, there's a lot of debate around actual death rates. People are realizing deaths are being misreported as being caused by COVID-19 when it may not have been the cause.

500 people have died from it in Argentina, how many have died from other ailments in that time, like heart attack, cancer, etc.? There is always the underlying question of how many could have died if the virus was left to spread.

• Not one case has been found here of it and already the authorities are patting themselves on the back for implementing the quarantine/lockdown and curfew rules earlier than anyone else.

I can guaranteee over the coming months they'll also be taking credit for the large drop in crime as well. :rolleyes:

I agree the measures have worked however as it's impossible to prove otherwise I still believe it was all done with ulterior motive.