Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 195,668 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Mine is always telling me I smoke and drink too much...then there's also my diet. This afternoon she's making spinach things. Which not only contain parmesan cheese and flour she deep fries them as well!! :rolleyes:

I feel ya. I told my husband I have only so much patience and I am going to keep track of his bickering and complaining and raising his voice. I made little paper slips and I stick one to the fridge every time he does/says something not nice to me. I have allocated ten per day.

He wants me to take one off when he behaves well, but I told him that's not how it works.

I think this could be partially cultural, at this point. UK Man Also your wife like to be around noise all day? Whether is the TV on, having a conversation over the phone or sitting you down for a lecture... There is no harm in silence, but it looks like I am the only one in the house who thinks so!

• The further we get into this Chinese virus, the more I see how total unstoppable it really is........the point was all the time to delay, so that the health system wouldn't be over floated.....was never the realistic idea to be able to stop it.

I'm confronted daily with the paradox of staying safe but seing that it's just impossible.....

Going to the supermarket, great example......touching whatever product or surface..... impossible to disinfect, just impossible...unless u disinfect whole supermarket and goods, after each single customer.

I see the people and also the security forces are starting to understand......here by me in Tigre, the police and COT, are trying to pretend to take it serious, but at the end they have also realized the madness........ imagine two coworkers in a car with masks on.....just totally useless, unless no one touch any part of the car that the other person have touched, without desinfecting... IMPOSSIBLE! So the whole show at a certain time just fall apart!

I'm still fully supporting the restrictions in general, no foreign entries etc etc......but rest is really worthless, sorry.

As I already pointed out: how come no one can use their car? Or bicycle? A joke......! By luck my freedom is not so limited by me, I can go shop, take dog out, roll around the block etc. etc., But many can't! I'm so happy I'm living where I am, because if I was enclosed in a small studio for 2 months, I would be the one that would be in the news for being apprehended, even that I'm law abiding and respectful against authorities......I just would no accept it!

• Official Post

I see the people and also the security forces are starting to understand......here by me in Tigre, the police and COT, are trying to pretend to take it serious, but at the end they have also realized the madness........ imagine two coworkers in a car with masks on.....just totally useless, unless no one touch any part of the car that the other person have touched, without desinfecting... IMPOSSIBLE! So the whole show at a certain time just fall apart!

This week we went to the big garden center on Scalabrini, we live close. Part of it is indoor, and part outdoor. The access is controlled, unlike before when you could enter from the outdoor lot (leading to their private parking space on the back) or from the entrance door that gives access to the building.

There is a young guy at the entrance door with mask, gloves and a nebuliser in hand. When he opens the door (i.e. the maximum occupation capacity has not yet been reached), he recites a safety speech and ask to spray your hands. He sprayed ours very generously (there is no way to disinfect plants). We browsed quickly and did our shopping, but we didn't roam for a hour like I like to do because my hubby was constantly repeating that I was going to keep people waiting outside. We were in the outdoor space/parking lot all the time, but I guess they simply count how many clients have entered the premises, whether they stay indoor or outdoor.

They are working Mon to Fri, which is a pity because Sat and Sun are historically their big days, with long queues to pay. There were also several items ready to be dispatched from online orders. They had a nice website and whatsapp channel even before the pandemics, but I am sure that they have been affected pretty badly by the restriction, nonetheless.

It is no longer fun to hang there among flowers and plants, which I liked to do from time to time.

We also went to a vegetable store on Scalabrini with dirty cheap prices. Like 99 pesos for 4 kg of potatoes, 99 pesos for 3 avocados, 99 pesos for 4 kg of oranges etc. The lady serving us approached us initially with pen and paper and the mask on to take note of our order, then she moved on her own to assemble it. She also slipped her mask UNDER her nose to breathe better.

In line behind us there was a lady in her 50s with a fabric mask on, which she took off to take a call and speak on the phone vigorously... =O

A lot of people passed by us while we waited on the sidewalk for our turn. We have decided we'll no longer go there because it's too risky. We have another verdulería half a block away and it is usually empty.

• serafina ......I would make a million bet: u have already been presented with virus multiple times.....not only the last 2-3 months of quarantine, but also months before! As I sad earlier, u should make a program to self infect and stay quarantined for two weeks....out of the ones that would self infect, I really doubt a lot would get the virus, (already immune), or you would get the virus and have no consequences!

• Official Post

For me it's the uncertainty, because the virus doesn't seem to be fully understood by a long shot. Countries around the world are handling the crisis to varying degrees of success or failure, which swing around wildly.

For example, the UK only today announcing quarantine for incoming travellers and Argentina closing its borders definitively two months ago. See what I'm getting at here?

I don't see much in the way of global cohesion and cooperation, and we all seem to be groping around in the dark.

For my part and indeed my household, we do the necessary and no more, observing the quarantine as much as we can. Being out and about on the bike doesn't scare me, but I keep my distance from everyone.

It's a very unnatural situation, so it's only understandable that we find this very hard. On the other hand, the time will come when we have to return to a kind of normal and it has to be before the end of June at least. We cannot let this drag on and on.

• exactly serafina ...we cannot drag it on anymore!

But I also believe that the damage has already been done.....

And I go so far as to offer myself to self infect.....and I bet thousands or more would be willing to do the same......and the outcome would show what a parody we are in!!!!

• I feel ya. I told my husband I have only so much patience and I am going to keep track of his bickering and complaining and raising his voice. I made little paper slip and I stick one to the fridge every time he does/says something not nice to me. I have allocated ten per day.

He wants me to take one off when he behaves well, but I told him that's not how it works.

I think this could be partially cultural, at this point. UK Man Also your wife like to be around noise all day? Whether is the TV on, having a conversation over the phone or sitting you down for a lecture... There is no harm in silence, but it looks like I am the only one in the house who thinks so!

Funny you should mention it...I told her today that Argentinians get all worked up and vocal over issues that are unimportant and ignore matters that are really important. She said it's the Italian blood to blame for that. ^^

• Some good news: the CDC’s update states pretty clearly that their current position is this: The primary way of contracting this novel virus is through respiratory means, including mouth, nose, and touching the eyes. Apparently touching surfaces with lingering bits of virus is not as much of a concern as earlier thought.

If today’s thinking isn’t reversed tomorrow, perhaps we have less to be freaked about. I agree with Splinter : the worst thing is the uncertainty, since so much is not yet known.

• exactly Rice .........I think we, the amateur scientists can now conclude, after 6 months virus time: the virus does not really spread that wild through touching!!!! In 6 months time, the whole world would have at some point touched an object that was contaminated!

And also until now I think the believe is that it's still only people that have had personal contact with an infected with the live virus that would spread it......

Seriously it's time to chill out a bit.....

• I would love not wearing a mask. A mask makes me feel slightly claustrophobic and it makes breathing more difficult. But if my wearing a mask can save other people’s lives, and their wearing a mask can save mine, I’ll wear a mask.

If I had the choice I wouldn't wear one. I find it very uncomfortable and claustrophobic so avoid walking the streets whenever possible. I suspect it'll be the last rule to be relaxed so looks like it'll be months before I can ditch the bank robber look.

• It’s true that masks do give a somewhat menacing look to the wearer. Especially triangular bandanna face covers, reminiscent of old western movies with bandits pulling their bandannas up over their faces just before swooping in and robbing the stagecoach -

• Official Post

Check out the pictures of life returning to normal in parts of Europe, especially the UK where hardly anyone is wearing a mask.

https://www.infobae.com/americ…salen-de-sus-cuarentenas/

My Facebook feed is finally showing pictures of my friends having an aperitivo in piazza (seated at distanced tables, with their masks on except to sip/eat) or sitting on the beach for some fresh air (with mask and distance).

My mother got a hair cut last Tuesday at a saloon within a mall. She said they are now taking temperature upon entering the mall and upon entering each store. Her jacket and bag were put into a plastic bag upon entering the saloon. The hairdresser wore a face mask and gloves all the time.

My mom had to wear her mask all the time. When the hairdresser had to cut her hair near her ear, she slipped off the mask rubber bank and held the mask into place with her hand.

The hair saloon only attends by appointment and max 2 people at time, keeping them as distanced as possible.

This is the first week of re-opening in Italy. On June 3 they should open again the border, but not to leisure travels, only to citizen/residents with a valid reason to travel.

• every day that go by I'm more and more impressed with the scientifiKKos running the country.....Now after locking up 45 million people for a few months and more in sight, they realize that its time to isolate the more vulnerable barrios that have high density of people and low hygiene standards etc. Great! They are really starting to circle in the problem well!!!!