Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 195,324 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• yep, the point is: all numbers are numbers that China come with.......I wouldn't trust them one bit! Who would close down million of million people, build emergency hospitals like crazy, if this was just another harmless flu!

The truth is not out yet, and I bet when it's all in control, the numbers that will come out will be crazy!!!

China is lying and holding back real facts and numbers!!!!!

• According to the BA Times,

Argentina was one of the last countries in the region to announce a solution for its citizens stranded in China. With the support of France, Mexico evacuated 10 people on February 1, while Brazil did the same with 34 of its nationals one week later.

Argentina initially attempted to evacuate its citizens on the Brazilian Air Force flight that arrived in China on 8 February. However, the government of Jair Bolsonaro announced that no more slots were available after offering to repatriate Polish citizens.

According to reports in the Brazilian newspaper Folha de S. Paulo citing anonymous Brazilian officials, the decision to transfer "Europeans and not South Americans" had "displeased diplomats from neighbouring countries."

• according to the latest news we should start avoiding Italians also, beside Chinese...... hahaha......

(Just making fun serafina hahaha)

And Americans returning from new Orleans of course.....

I must say one member on the other site is really going crazy and scaremongering like crazy.......thinks he is missing his meds seriously....(member from South ba province)

Anyhow, it seems like it not even close to be under control, so for we will see impact here too.......not so much corpses on the street, more business Wise.

• Official Post

according to the latest news we should start avoiding Italians also, beside Chinese...... hahaha......

(Just making fun serafina hahaha)

No kiddin'. My anticipation to visit home this summer has suddenly dropped in the last 48 hours.

My family lives exactly in the area affected and they have cancelled Carnival parades due today.

This real time map from John Hopkinsshows the current situation. With a a big, red circle on my hometown.

• serafina .........thats crappy.....U will need to stay in Palermo of South America then.....

What I read about the virus is that it's spreading like crazy and even mutating, meaning not staying the same and easy to detect.......

The end of this story is not near.....

It was downplayed extremely to start with.....now it shows its real out mass.

I'm not fearing it myself that much because it seems to kill most already vulnerable people, old or people that are weak in their immune system...... anyway.... imagine you get weak because of what ever reason, then suddenly u r a potential candidate!

At least we don't need to fear the virus by eating pizza or pasta, since most of those restaurants here have never seen an Italian HAHAHA.....

But......I could be the owner is Chinese, which again makes it tricky... hahaha

• Splinter ......

No way........ Buenos Aires is having loads if tourists and also a lot Chinese.......

If it's getting that serious in Italy u can bet it's on the doorstep here too.....

• Corona Virus Italy

Seems like the problem is to find the first person that brought it to Italy......to try to stop the spreading......still haven't happened.

Seems like that is the huge unknown factor: how many are infected and already spreading it around without knowing it.....

• It would have to be the stupidest virus ever for it to come here.

Still think it's all being overhyped.

Hahaha I agree on that......

Anyway it's not being overhyped , it's being underhyped...... that we can see already now.......

We'll see how u react when it's in the news "coronavirus came to Argentina in a box of KitKat"

• Official Post

What's the story on how it arrived in Italy and how its spread fairly quickly?

Apparently, patient 0 is a man from Codogno, province of Lodi (not far from Milan) working at Unilever who went out for dinner with a bunch of colleagues who had returned from a business trip in China at the end of January. He was hospitalized with respiratory failure and was diagnosed.

The whole Unilever office (about 180 persons) was closed immediately.

He infected also his pregnant wife. They tried to reconstruct where the couple went in the last weeks, and it was birth prep course... basically, in 24 hours they shut down the whole town of Codogno and the neighboring towns.

There have been other deaths (I think 2 or 3) on elders who played cards together. They are trying to find the deck of cards. I remember that they are a great vehicle for infection. On cruises ships, they throw away all decks between travels.

I am attending a master from the university of Genoa (Liguria) and I receive email alert from the University just like students attending in-person courses. The university has been sending emails on Coronavirus almost immediately, saying that Chinese students have been quarantined (visiting students who just returned from China for the holidays). Today I received and email saying they'll be suspending all activities next week, but the library will be open.

After a few hours, the University head wrote personally saying that the Region ordered to shut down all schools for the whole week, so the university will be closed, after all.

My mother told me not to be paranoid. She is retired but will go to Milan next Tuesday to visit her loyal patients privately. I told her it is not the case... she says it has been blown up out of proportion and strumentalized by Trump to undermine China.

Whatever, but I have a lousy immune system and I have all the right to chicken out.

I hope I will get an exemption for the Master's finals in July. It is the only activity where attendance in person is mandatory. Luckily, I still hadn't bought the flight...

You are right to worry, @JAN. There are many Argentines visiting Italy and back.

• You are right to worry, @JAN. There are many Argentines visiting Italy and back.

Argentine government say they are not making any extra control in ezeiza and don't plan too!!!!

If ARGENTINA say that there is no need , it must be like that!!!!

Dios mio!!!! This country just deserves what it is........sorry!!!!