Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 195,342 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Thanks for translating, Splinter . One more point: I don’t think anyone here is saying that “basically the Coronavirus is hot air.” Far from it.

Because the best defense against each new disease is learning about it, I attached (above) the latest information we’ve received from the Center for Disease Control.

• haha poor guy.....

I remember when I visited Beijing first time some 20 years ago......holy crap.....the word crap hole would be describing.......u had, and probably still have even worse, open canals of crap, sewers, cloak running through some streets......huge ones.......in the middle of the city.......I was beyond shocked!

No wonder that many of the epidemics during time have originated in Asia.

(Racist me comment).

• just read that they have discovered that the virus does not only transmit through airway, say when someone sneeze f.ex., but also by simple contact!!!!!

The scientist found the live virus when contact had been made at toilet f.ex. (poop).

That fact again makes it even more difficult to contain! Last week there was "scaremongering" going on with receiving packages from China......it now turns out it could be an actual danger!

Yesterday 3 new infected in Germany, they were airlifted in from China with round 150 other Germans. It's now 11 in Germany.

Death toll over 300, infected in total more than 14.000, infected people in 23 countries.

• Whether packages arriving from China could be a source of spreading the virus would depend primarily upon how long the virus could survive without a supportive medium.

So it’s highly unlikely.

Unless the package contained a bag of poop, of course -

• Rice that's true.....but still it's not determined how contiguous the virus is.......last week people were making fun of others being cautious of being in close contact with people that could contain the virus!!!!

So to make it more clear: a person that is infected, go to the toilet, doesn't wash hands, touch something in a public place, could be enough for another to get the virus by touching same thing!!!!!

Again everyone do want they want couldn't care less!!!!

Where the virus can survive and for how long, we will leave up to the experts to find out....still in early stage!

• just wanted to find out how long the virus could potentially survive in environment....I found a study in SARS which is not exactly the same, but closely related, and also a corona virus......up till 96 hours on a surface!!! Depending in many factors and and and......

SARS CORONA VIRUS

• UK Man u r right......

Chance of wife nagging g u to death is bigger hahaha

Beside that, it would take longer out to u in the horse carriage than the 96 hours the virus survive on its own......

Still be aware of new Chinese faces in your hood ......

• UK Man u r right......

Chance of wife nagging g u to death is bigger hahaha

Beside that, it would take longer out to u in the horse carriage than the 96 hours the virus survive on its own......

Still be aware of new Chinese faces in your hood ......

Stop scaremongering...the wife isn't as bad as that. ^^

I've lived through several of these flippin' Asian epidemics not to mention measles.mumps and eating dodgy tins of corned beef. Man up!!

• watching news from many sources, USA Europe...... CNBC, CNN, BBC, DW etc.......the latest is 490 dead and many many infected! All mayor news channels believe that China is lying about the real number.......most say it's not 20.000 but more than 100.000. Therefore also the extreme lock down and huge hospital buildings. The peak is not even close.... several say around march/April we will know the exact out mass.

The extreme scaremongering in "the other site", it's exaggerated I think.......a few is telling to stock up like 3th world war is coming.....but many have not realized yet the out mass.

• How would you like to be on that quarantined cruise ship off of Japan, where everyone has to remain for at least an additional 14 days?

Doubt that it's a fun cruise!!!!! If they just have a little braincells they will have everyone stay separately, otherwise you would contaminate ALL ship and spread the virus among each other. I wouldn't like to be there!

• I hate to break it to you, UK Man , but I'm quite sure your symptoms indicate you have the coronavirus. You'd better get to an imported beer shop quickly and find the Mexican beers. Then start swigging Coronas with lime wedges shoved down the neck (of the bottle, not YOUR neck).

• Real death toll

Don't say this is the exact number, but one thing is sure: China is lying and not telling full truth!

Btw, the other whistleblower, the doc that warned for the coronavirus, died a few days ago..... convenient!!!

Again, the out mass of this virus is still not clear!!!!! The numbers are escalating, both infected and deaths, and the curve is still going up!!!!

• UK Man ....

Many talk about that by flu MANY more die.....but that's not the issue!!!!

This is a highly contagious pandemic! The flu comes and goes every year.....

How the coronavirus spread is alarming.....if u look at the spanish flu that killed millions, also wasn't very deadly, just like coronavirus, which only kills some 5%, buuuuuuut so many got infected that the number rose to 50 millions!!!!

Anyway If this virus does the same, China will be reduced to 1.336 billion population..... nobody would notice....

But the Spanish flu infected a third of the population on whole planet!