Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 195,556 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• could not find this article on fox news, so I post the CNN version hahaha

80% cases undetected

Like I also long time suggested, a lot more people already had the virus without even knowing it.

It would be funny if you would take one random street in Buenos Aires, with a broad spectrum of the population..... workers, wealthy, poor, "European", native and and and.......say 1000 people. Then take a blood test of all 1000.......all unrelated and not really connected, (except of supermarket, shops close by etc).

I would make a bet, a very very large percentage would have antibodies in the blood, confirming that they already was exposed to the virus.

So basically, if say out of 1000 tested persons you have 10 deaths, the ten deaths is to be put in relation to a lot bigger number......maybe 10.000.

That would of course show a lot less mortality rate among all people in general, (not risk group).

We are now 7 months into the virus, probably even 12......

We are 100 days into a quarantine....

The incubation time of the virus is 5-8 days on average.....

I reaaaaaally think it's time to move on and focus on the risk group only and let the virus have its go with the rest of population, (but each one could decide themselves....stay home if you are afraid of dieing).

• Official Post

I am glad there is no construction work going on. It was ongoing and annoying during warm season where we have our windows open all day.

I hope they will finish the big project they'd started in a street nearby and won't leave us with a big empty concrete monster. So far, they did the structure and were starting to make walls.

when i checked out the architecture firm which planned this building, I found out that bigger units were already sold and smaller ones (1 BR) were close to 200 k USD. I feel sorry for those who paid 200 k USD for this concrete shell.

• Official Post

Did they pre-sell a large number of the units, serafina ? I’m sure the buyers are at least as eager as you are, to get the thing finished. It would have been nice if they could have finished it during the past 3 months -

I am basing my observation from ads on Zonaprop... maybe they simply held off the bigger units with the hope to upgrade them eventually and sell them for a higher price, or maybe they were used as payment for the architecture's fee.

It is a small building with just 7 units. Here's the sizes, price and rendering: https://www.nfpropiedades.com.…48-(-PALERMO-)-en-Palermo

This is on Zonaprop as the last unit available: https://www.zonaprop.com.ar/pr…-aer-pasaje-45189670.html

UNIDAD 2 AMBIENTES | 78.57 m2 totales | Departamento 104, ubicado en el 1° piso al contrafrente con balcón terraza.

1723408000.jpg

• It looks nice, and the balconies with parrillas should be a selling point. The address sounds like it’s right by you — I’ll bet you heard every nail that went in.

I’ve meant to ask about your neighbor who so boldly built the room practically IN your apartment. He never had any trouble with inspectors, even after you filed all that paperwork?

• Official Post

It looks like I spoke too soon because today we can see men at work in several constructions around us, including this one.

Rice, this one is the one right in front of our balcony. I think they were laying down the first floor when you visited us last time and we could hear the jackhammer from here.

Our neighbor... I think he is not here. He mentioned living 9 months per year in Europe where he teaches/work. His house is as it was. He finished the new floor (it was not a shed like he told my husband, it is a proper floor). The City has not done anything.

There is water accumulating on a corner of his terrace. I bet the inside is moldy by now. I think the unit is empty, albeit we can only see the roof/top floor.

His threatens to file a claim against our allegedly illegal terrace windows are so far only words. Anyway, we asked to our architect and he explained the windows were there before the renovation works 10 years ago.

• The only thing I'm certain of regarding this virus is the staggering number of hidden agendas it has created.

UK Man there are so many obvious sign of that there is a hidden agenda, I could come up with a few.

The latest absolute nonsense and counter productive measurement here by me:

The 3 km River front walk way leading from central station Tigre to Tigre art museum, is a boulevard pedestrian area, one side the car lane and the houses, buildings and restaurants, and then a 20 meter green area and then the walking path directly by the river. It's fully open and you can see the cars passing by and the cars can see the walk way. Anyway, the police and COT have been told to enforce people only to circulate on the walkway by the road and the houses.

Any reputable doctor or scientists dealing with coronavirus would argue, the LEAST contact and enclosures, the better, to fight the spreading. So that means walking by the river on one side and greenery on other side would be the better option than between buildings and cars.

So the idea is not to do what is efficient to limit the spread of the virus, but to control and put fear into the heads of the population!

I cannot wait to see this perverted leadership of dirty rats fall together......I will open a bottle of champagne when it happens!

• experts many types of areas and topics agrees with me Rice hahaha

^^

To walk on streets with buildings with many apartments, is obviously not to prefer...... it logical I think.

So if there is a way to avoid it, it should be taken.

Even that the density of people here is a lot less than Palermo F.ex.

Still why have people walk next to houses and buildings?

By luck the police and COT is not enforcing it to extreme.....but many have been reprimanded.

• Not only here Jan it's happening in the UK and no doubt elsewhere. I know of at least one reserach group who automatically disagree whenever the government ease up on any lockdown rule. They obviously can't predict the outcome when a rule is relaxed so choose the negatives instead. All because they want to secure more funding in order to carry on their reserach into it.

• now we are going back to the question about what is the worst, the cause or the cure.

In Argentina the implications and deaths caused by this endless lockdown will be a lot worse than if it had been a shorter one.

U already have poverty exploding, u have many other diseases not being treated, many sick stay home and develop much worse illness, you have serious social problems resulting in many deaths.

• Official Post

My friends in Italy are going on vacation. They still have to wear a mask in most of the places. At restaurants, you can take off the mask to eat and sit at your table, but if you get up to go to the bathroom, you have to put your mask on.

Of course the virus is still circulating, but at least this way the people can resume some activities and e hopefully can get more insight on the virus, its mutations, and the appropriate treatment, and hospitalization for more serious cases.

I don't know when they set the next deadline on restrictions. Likely, school won't start in September as usual. There is an issue: people have gotten back to work, but schools are closed, and elders are not available to babysit as in the past.

• I was watching a short documentary from sweden on DW yesterday...... Sweden, probably the one country in the world taking the virus the most easy and

Relaxed. Whether that was right or wrong, we still don't know. Anyway, one very interesting point: the virus have had its go there, with very little restrictions and also with much higher death rate......until now....and that is the point! The game is not over.....let's say you have a 10 times higher dead qoute against another country today, BUT, nearly achieved herd immunity.....you will have a much less death rate in future......so the country doing good today, could end up taking the first price in death per million in one year.

And seriously, I would much like a quick death of people and return to normality, than a slow death and an eternal quarantine, causing a lot worse problems on top. (if result and amount of death ending up at same number).

So, that was my first reflection to your post serafina ......I actually think Italy could end up being in a total other ranking in a year from now.....in a much better one. Now it looks like disaster , but in one year we will know who will take first price in lethality, stupidity, cleverness, ignorance and and and.....the game is not over yet!

• Official Post

And seriously, I would much like a quick death of people and return to normality, than a slow death and an eternal quarantine, causing a lot worse problems on top. (if result and amount of death ending up at same number).

Actually, among the things that play in favor of the quarantine are also to let the virus mutate to a less aggressive form, gain more insight on how it works and how to treat it, have sufficient ICU beds to provide hospital care to more serious cases etc.

With 'quarantine' I mean all the various degree of restrictions to contain the spread of the virus, which can range from very relaxed like in the US (do as usual, just keep distance) to medium like in Italy now (do most of things but wear a mask and practice social distancing, if possible) to very strict like in Argentina (go out only if authorized or you really have to).

Besides how the virus behaves, there is also how the people behave. Swedish were not given many restrictions but they followed guidelines. Argentinians were given very strict restrictions and they violated them from the start. So we can observe Sweden doing better than Argentina despite different degree of restrictions.

However, I think it's a syllogism to come to the conclusion that the stricter the restriction the better/worse the outcome. The human factor is that unpredictable factor that can upturn the result completely!

• serafina ....I agree with u.....but what I try to say is, nobody hace a clue about who dealt with this in the best way!

Even the total winners until now, Australia, Korea, could end up in a much worse situation than now.

It's totally open still.

And like u say, the respect of the rules is essential.....what sense does it make to restrict the runners in Palermo, when the glowing hotspots in Matanza is business as usual?

I must say, the last weeks I have really been missing Scandinavia......would have preferred to have been in Scandinavia I think. Think about yourself.....maybe even you would have been better of in Italy.....

Both during pandemic and after......

Imagine in ten years we find out that each single continent and country have the same death rate, say 1000 per million.......for sure the ones that got to that number the quickest would have done the best job.

• Official Post

I must say, the last weeks I have really been missing Scandinavia......would have preferred to have been in Scandinavia I think. Think about yourself.....maybe even you would have been better of in Italy.....

Both during pandemic and after......

Definitely I have been whining a lot in the house lately. I am anyway grumpy during Argentinian winter because my Facebook wall is flooded of pictures of friends on holidays in gorgeous beach locations all over Italy, while here I am wrapped in winter clothes and drag a blanket with me like Charlie Brown (this year, I have upgraded myself to a furry blanket)... but this year is a lot worse.

What bothers me of Argentina right now is that there is no show of good faith - every time I try to give them (the politician, the journalists, the local experts) a little credit/faith, I feel it's a lost cause.

Italy was lost in front of the virus, and definitely the Italian Government had not a lot of credibility in the yes of its citizens after too many dirty tricks played in the past years, but one could really tell our Prime Minister, Mr. Antonio Conte, was really trying his best in these extraordinary circumstances.

He is a constitutional lawyer who has held high offices also in the European Union. It is impossible to compare him to Alberto Fernandez, also a constitutional lawyer... Mr. Conte's manners, education, articulate form of expression, impeccable suits, hair and the look in his eyes are GAZILLIONS of years from the 'Professor'. Alberto looks like the Law teacher in high school who wants to play badass during the School meeting at the end of the year but in reality can't wait to go home.

I am feeling hostage of this country and I am feeling that the shortcomings of Argentina have finally stepped over my personal boundaries on very delicate topics such as the freedom of movement. Unfortunately for us, the world is already too busy to care, and the Argentinian politicians actively burning bridges with most advanced nationals in the past decades aren't helping.

I used to think about Argentina as an immature girlfriend you can have a lot of fun with, but you know it's not going to get serious or last very long. Right now I think Argentina is like the girl who got dumped and insists on telling that she is the one that dumps because she is far better than the rest.

When outsiders analyze Argentina and its pitfalls, Argentina replies 'oh they are envious' / 'they are blinded by capitalism' / 'this was the sixth world power in 1940' ... while the ship sinks.