Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 195,679 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Splinter I'm amazed that u still believe the numbers of infected and deaths in Argentina, reported by notorious liers, conmen and scammers.....

The numbers have been seriously manipulated since the start, to accomplish to justify an eternal lockdown.

The virus have been circulating more than half a year here, and there is absolutely no logical explanation why the virus would expand in a totally different way than rest of the world.

The government was holding back infected and deaths from the start to be able to elevate them.

That u believe one word coming out of the mouth of those dirty rats is beyond my imagination!

• I'd still like to know exactly where this occurred.

Yeah sorry, I stupidly assumed people know my local area. It was the bridge crossing at Tinogasta and G.Paz.

Btw, I am also hearing some sticky things are happening under the bridge crossing from Juan B. Justo to Provincia in Liniers but admittedly these are unconfirmed stories. However, I have been told by a lot of people to avoid this crossing if possible and take another one. Apparently for this area, the crossing at Beiro and G.Paz is a good bet because there are two bridges and its a busier/wider road so harder to police.

The daily infections are increasing at an alarming rate.

Well, we can debate about what an alarming rate is. I think an alarming rate is what we saw in Italy, UK, France, Spain, and US. But point taken, cases are on the rise. Funnily enough, that's happening three months into a lockdown and not at the start. I am shocked that some people don't see that it is supposed to be the opposite.

Why would that be the case?

Inherent xenophobia in Argentina, especially towards Brits. I think we forget that many people actively hate us, and not just those on the extremes. Decades after the Falklands, the government will raise the flag that the UK is the enemy every so often. If things shift towards more authoritarianism (if you think they are not already, go to the mall today, go to a bar, go and play football, go for a long walk, gather YOUR family in YOUR house, etc.) I would be uncomfortable here in interactions with police. If you think you'd get equal or preferential treatment, power to you.

• If they were intent on manipulating the numbers, I’d expect them to go big, posting numbers much, much higher! Instead of 35k cases, why not claim 350k?

Because there is a upper limit!!!!

If you want to be able to show an exponential growth, you cannot go to aggressive since u would get to 45 million to quick!!!!

• Well, we can debate about what an alarming rate is. I think an alarming rate is what we saw in Italy, UK, France, Spain, and US. But point taken, cases are on the rise. Funnily enough, that's happening three months into a lockdown and not at the start. I am shocked that some people don't see that it is supposed to be the opposite.

hahaha u also see the total bullshit!

I mentioned this months ago, and also pointed out that Argentina is a country with maybe 10 or 20 direct flights from the absolute hotspots at that time, Italy, Spain and later USA.

There is absolutely no logic behind!!!!!

And no other country on the planet have this strange time frame.

• I think it would be more reasonable to say that simply diving in with 350k would be easier to check. It would be easier to see if hospitals are overwhelmed, if the health services are straining.

However, I am not behind the idea the numbers are cooked. That said, it is obvious something is wrong when we were all locked down for three months and we're getting an outbreak now. No-one seems to be able to answer why the virus is spreading now when it should have been spreading in March/April?

It doesn't make sense and the "oh this is a weird virus" argument doesn't wash. Yes, COVID-19 is surprising in many ways, but we have learned enough about it during the pandemic to understand what is happening in Argentina is not normal. Is there any other country in the world experiencing a reverse outbreak? We went into lockdown to achieve an outbreak not to curb one.

• Official Post

Not used those two crossings but I have been through plenty south of Villa Urquiza and Lugano. If I come across anything nasty, I'll report back and if you don't hear anything more from me, send help.

I have a British flag patch sewn onto the upper arm of my jacket and also a Welsh flag, but I've only come across one twat who gave me a thumbs down. A biker, surprisingly.

I will not be hiding because of some misguided xenophobia, that's for sure.

• Intensive care bed occupancy in BA capital is just over 33%

No hospital public or private is overrun

No field hospitals like the Technopolis one are being used

Deaths are still at a low level

Infection numbers are increasing . Yes , but why?

Is it because of people running in Palermo or is it that more tests are being carried out?

I cannot believe that journalists here are so lazy to like into it

• Official Post

It has to be for an increase in testing, surely?

Anyway, I'm not buying any of these wacky government control theories at all. Scaring us to stay at home and control our lives?

There may be an element in any government that enjoys that kind of control, but frankly I don't see it here. Venezuela, maybe.

Oops, I can see who's coming now...

• It has to be for an increase in testing, surely?

Anyway, I'm not buying any of these wacky government control theories at all. Scaring us to stay at home and control our lives?

There may be an element in any government that enjoys that kind of control, but frankly I don't see it here. Venezuela, maybe.

Oops, I can see who's coming now...

I am the one who thinks Politicians here have designs on making this country like Venezuela. Or more accurately, like Venezuela 5-10 years ago. I am glad you seen me coming.

You don’t see government control here? Have an asado in your house tonight with 20 guests. Go to a Féria or mall this weekend. Go for a run or walk in the park at 2 in the afternoon. Tell the next copper who asks you won’t show them your DNI. The question about government control or not has sailed. You’re already under it. Why is the important detail.

And I think considering the history of Argentina and especially this political regime, saying there are underhand tactics being used to gain economic control is hardly wacky. Even if the sole motive is to discredit and remove Laretta as a threat, it is is hardly a wacky idea.

And more testing doesn’t explain the rise in deaths, by the way.

• just curving around by the bandarazo in tigre.....must be thousands of cars alone here, all accessing streets have kilometers of cars, all heading to the central station Tigre. Have hard to believe our dear 🤡 have a lot days left!

• today there was a call for general banderazo against the Vicentin expropriation and general rejection against the quarantine. No broken windows, no Molotovs, no violence.... doubt u would have liked it Rice .... hahaha

Anyway here by me the mobilization was gigantic.......you had all access streets leading to the central station in tigre with kilometers of cars making a bocinazo.....

Must have been a few thousands just by me.

Many of the cars with anti 🤡 statements.....but again, not the gorilla way, just expressing their discontent with our great leader....some more expressive.

The educated people see what is happening.......not a just the macristas anti Peronists.....guy will have a hard time, really hard time....and I wish it for him!

• Argentina and numbers does not go well together as I stated in earlier thread......

But, one number I would LOVE to know, the relation between test done and increase in infected people!

Obvious if u do 1000 tests per day, u will have more infected people than with 10 tests done.

I would put out a bet in the open:

The amount of infected/tests done, is exactly the same as a month ago.

And to quote the yellow guy from yesterday, "let's do fewer tests, then we have fewer infected"......that was really made as a joke.....

But to flatten the upwards curve , that would work perfectly.......but not be in the general interest of the country of course.

Nevertheless, to publish more infected people because more testing is done is also not serious......is just scaremongering and trying to convince people that we are in a worse state than 100 days ago.

And btw, the idea that the health system is close to exploding is just nonsense, Gines Gonzalez himself posted these numbers today: 393 intensive care beds out of 11.500 are occupied!

Occupation rate

But OK, let's bankrupt the country complete anyway, in the name of the poor and vulnerable. Amen