I told fans of the K's just what I thought!!

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,712 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Just over a week ago some of my wife's distant relations visited us from Buenos Aires. I've met them before and have got on great with them especially the two boys (both in their mid to late 20's) and their mother. I have to admit the father has always made me feel a tad uneasy.

Whenever we have visitors I've always chosen to be diplomatic whenever they've asked my feelings about living in Argentina. This time however I warned my wife I wasn't preapred to hold back what I really thought as I've got fed up living a lie..

So when the question arrived I just told them what I thought, which was basically that their country is not only corrupt but an an economical disaster with no signs of it being anything else especially now Macri has gone. I went on to say the UK is years ahead of Argentina in all areas and has been for 40 years.

The boys agreed, the parents said nothing....the look on their faces said it all. The boys went on to say Argentinians are basically a bunch of lazy sods who expect the good life without putting a lot of effort into getting it.

My wife had told me the parents were K supporters which probably explains their reaction...the mother was okay but the father found it hard to look me in the face after my little rant. :D

• But they fell silent in the face of your criticisms. Are they actually in agreement with the K’s, or just mulish blind followers? I always wonder about this kind of political “supporters” - - do they share either ideology or mutual interests with their leaders, or are they merely followers of a cult ?

• But they fell silent in the face of your criticisms. Are they actually in agreement with the K’s, or just mulish blind followers? I always wonder about this kind of political “supporters” - - do they share either ideology or mutual interests with their leaders, or are they merely followers of a cult ?

They don't openly admit or deny to being K supporters. I suspect it might be a case of them having benefitted from the old 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' system of getting things done. It used to work the same in Glasgow 50 years ago but that has mostly been stamped out.

• Official Post

But they fell silent in the face of your criticisms. Are they actually in agreement with the K’s, or just mulish blind followers? I always wonder about this kind of political “supporters” - - do they share either ideology or mutual interests with their leaders, or are they merely followers of a cult ?

What a great question. Maybe a mix of the three, maybe a hope that by joining the cult they'll get their 'share' of the payback...

A remote acquaintance did well under Macri because he sold expensive imported stuff, but now he's not doing so well. And he votes K!

Now, I say he voted for the devil and he should have known better, and he'd reply that the issue is that the people are penny-less because of the four previous years of Macri. I would say that he wasn't doing any importing under the Ks, and he'd say he hadn't attempted it back then...

It's like the eggs vs. chicken issue... you could debate it for hours and each one would end up with the same opinion when they started!

• Yeah I think politics here is more seen as a form of entertainment than anything else.

I actually feel better for speaking my mind so I shall be doing it more often from now on....if people think I'm a snooty Brit then too bad. :asswave:

• UK Man .....do like me....agree on the stuff they say and the general improving situation of Argentina....say that you see tourism booming and great value for foreigners and expats with foreign income.... hahaha......you will then see how their faces turn sour ......did it with a few of my peroncho friends/conocido.......seems like they have hard being happy on my behalf, even that they think country is finally doing great and prosperous.......so funny!

I think one thing we all here on the board could more or less agree on: the situation in Argentina is not caused by the expat community.....meaning, it's really hard to blame it on expats/tourists or?

Just had a chat with my neighbor, fixing his drainage of the entrance......got to talk about clogged up cloaks.....he told me, the water always drain, from highest to lowest point......I played totally stupid, saying that I think it's a very discrimatory and generalizing statement......saying water only flow downwards......my neighbor didn't understand whether I was serious or taking the piss on him.......

• Everyone knows the country is a basket case economically it's just that some refuse to admit it....and we all know why.

As long as that mentality exists then nothing will change. I think we can all forget about it changing during our time left here.

• When I read your words, UK Man , I was shaken by the similarity with what is going on in the US now. People prefer to be blinkered to corruption and prefer to believe leaders who say “Look! I’ve extinguished your house fire!” rather than look to see who the arsonist actually was (e.g. China trade war).

• When I read your words, UK Man , I was shaken by the similarity with what is going on in the US now. People prefer to be blinkered to corruption and prefer to believe leaders who say “Look! I’ve extinguished your house fire!” rather than look to see who the arsonist actually was (e.g. China trade war).

Truth be told it probably goes on in every country in the world. Any decent country will suss it out and the guilty ones will be punished. That's not going to happen here.

• I cannot stop to think about how absurd it is the 🤡 visiting Israel and claiming how important fight against anti-Semitism is!!!!

Considered that his vice is closely tied up to the terror attacks on amia, covering it up seriously....on top of that also one of the top suspects behind the murder of the fiscal Nisman.......

• Official Post

I cannot stop to think about how absurd it is the 🤡 visiting Israel and claiming how important fight against anti-Semitism is!!!!

Considered that his vice is closely tied up to the terror attacks on amia, covering it up seriously....on top of that also one of the top suspects behind the murder of the fiscal Nisman.......

She probably told him to go to Israel to mollify the Jewish community.

• without being nasty: Alberto has every typical characteristics of a Jew....the thick, lips, the eyes , the nose.....hole face screams jewish.......I would make a bet he has jewish ancestors.....close ones, not many generations back.

• Must admit he could be mistaken for being Jewish.

I had many wonderful Jewish friends when I was young....to be honest most of my friends at that time were Jewish. Always remember being fascinated by the Kosher foods they had whenever I was in their houses. Nothing but fond memories of them. :thumbup:

• UK Man ... I agree......

And I didn't wanna turn this thing anti semitic...anyway his face, smile everything, like taken out out a nazi propaganda film... hahaha