Safest and un-safest neighborhoods BA

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,454 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• new survey just came out with crime numbers....:

Crime

As always I'm without words:

How can a statistic be made with absolute numbers????? So incredibly stupid and unprofessional.......

In Tanzania u have more rich than Denmark or Switzerland for sure....

Or a village with ten citizen top the list as most safe in the world........

Ridiculous to throw such a survey in the press!!!

The thought: bigger neighborhoods, more crime.......or more transited neighborhoods more car accidents.....doesn't make a difference.........or tourist areas may have more petty thieves, than other barrios.....

With stuff like this, you are sure to make people dumber than they are.....:facepalm:

• “El 47 por ciento de los hechos fueron cometidos por el uso de armas de fuego, el 27 por ciento por arma blanca, mientras el resto se reparten entre estrangulamiento, golpes de puño, con objetos contundentes....

The weapons of choice call to mind a game of Clue (Cluedo): The deed was done by Colonel Mustard, in the observatory, with a lead pipe.

Anyway, cheer up! If you stay in your house from 6 pm to midnight and on Saturdays, your chances of being murdered are greatly reduced. Oh! Except that 34% of murders take place in the victims’ own homes. What is a murder-averse person to do?

• my Point is:

Say hypothetical Constitution is 10 times bigger than Recoleta f.ex., and has 100 homicides, and recoleta has 25 only.....any monkey would argue Constitution is a risky neighborhood.......

I say no more.....

• my Point is:

Say hypothetical Constitution is 10 times bigger than Recoleta f.ex., and has 100 homicides, and recoleta has 25 only.....any monkey would argue Constitution is a risky neighborhood.......

I say no more.....

@JAN , I take your point. It is said that any scoundrel can lie, using statistics or the Bible.

• yea I agree UK Man .....

It's just so hard for me to read number stuff that is totally bollocks.... u cannot bring out stuff like that.....doesn't matter if it's pro MM or cfk......it's totally misleading and without value.

Imagine comparing two hospitals, one dedicated to giving birth to children and another for terminal ill persons.....then arguing that one is giving extreme bad service to their clients because people tend to die there much more often......

Would be a totally brain dead and misleading thing to do......