The Misery Index...Venezuela and Argentina come first and second.

There are 50 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,630 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

That's what makes the case here so interesting because people know what the new govnerment is and what it will do, but voted it back in regardless.

I think here people do not vote based on their belief or historical data, partially because they are not current on those and partially because it doesn't bode well with them.

Of course, none of us know everything about what happened here or home, and even very informed people (i.e. 'experts') can come to radically different conclusions based on the observation of the same historical period.

I wonder how many people voting peronista have ever seen anything not peronista and not a military dictatorship. And I can say that if I had to pick between a blood-shedding military regimen and a peronista government, I'd pick the latter, too.

Macri, imho, failed to really change things - he failed to offer a third, more balanced way. He named his party Cambiemos, but he didn't change the country... he simply tried to steer the country in a different direction by playing too safe.

So we're back to peronism.

• Macri, imho, failed to really change things - he failed to offer a third, more balanced way. He named his party Cambiemos, but he didn't change the country... he simply tried to steer the country in a different direction by playing too safe.

So we're back to peronism.

One thing that Macri DID change: he broke the chain of K thievery, which after 12 years, had become a national institution. It is a real pity that the government has returned to business as usual.

• Official Post

One thing that Macri DID change: he broke the chain of K thievery, which after 12 years, had become a national institution. It is a real pity that the government has returned to business as usual.

De Vido is complaining that he is still in jail. He says that it is so because it suits Cristina!

• Official Post

These rubbish tips tips run by CEAMSE are a way of living for some people, mainly around San Martin and Camino del Buen Ayre which I have travelled through numerous times.

They like to be called rubbish surgeons apparently and this article shows exactly what happens at these tips. It's an education.

http://revistaanfibia.com/cronica/tensiones-sobre-el-mapa/

• I remember the rag and bone man used to come down our street in Glasgow every week on his horse and cart....and not that long ago Paddy's Market in Glasgow used to sell stuff acquired from the rubbish bins.

Where there's muck there's brass!!!