Has Trump just started a war with Iran?

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,741 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

By killing the top Iranian General, Soleimani, has Trump provoked a possible war with Iran?

Not only did he roll back the Obama/Iran containment plan which was designed to keep Iran in check - in spite of many people's misgivings - but now he has unleashed what many see as a declaration of war.

There's no doubt that Iran will respond, especially given Trump's allegorical reference to the 52, when indicating the number of sites he is now targeting in the event of a retaliation.

So far, the only response has been the Iranian hacking of a little known Federal Depository Library and posting an image of the US president with blood coming from his mouth.

That site has now been taken down, but one wonders what else the Iranians are capable of?

Disrupting world oil supply in the Strait of Hormuz would be my first guess.

• Blocking the Strait of Hormuz is always their first threat, but of course that is punitive action that affects the whole world; they are undoubtedly planning vengeance on the US specifically.

In what form will this come? Attacks on military and contracting personnel in the Middle East? Another 52 hostages? Bombing Israel? Cyber attacks on the sleeping bureaucracy/state govts/utilities in the US? Multiple simultaneous sleeper cell attacks within the US (with poetic reciprocation, via drone?), all of the above?

Returning to your question, yes, I believe he has started a war. We just don’t know what form it will take or how far-reaching it will be. We also have not yet been shown evidence to support his assertion that Soleimani was planning immediate attacks, the claim being used to justify the assassination.

• One thing I would bet on is, there will be more terror attacks!!!!

It have been suspiciously quite last year.......no real grand events!

I'm a big critic of the immigration law and follow up in Europe, which makes terror attacks a piece of cake!

If you have lived in European Metropols, you know how incredible multi ethnic many are, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, London etc......which I think is great, if it wasn't for the anonymity that people get! There is no way on earth, any serious terror attack can be stopped before it's to late......the authorities cannot tap phones on millions of millions and spy on them, impossible! The success stories from Europe, how they manage to stop terrorist from putting their plan to action is little convincing.

The amount of stories from Germany alone on presumed terrorists entering the country after being expelled many times have no limit.........Germany have some hundred kilometers coastline, rest of the thousands of kilometers is borderline to neighbour countries....... impossible to keep control in any way.

And just to elaborate: it's not the poor innocent refugees entering Europe that are to claim, but, it's that huge inflow that make it possible!

Let's not get started on professional football players of 16 years but with a face of a 30 year old, escaping from war. U have I don't know how many of them......

Lately u had one of the top wanted terrorist and gang member been expelled in learjet with German swat team by the side......a few months later he was back......

Think it was the third time he got expelled hahahaha

Germany is seriously fucked, and with this last attack, for sure it hasn't become a safer place!!!!!

So the question should be , what will the answer back be from Iran.......I think terror.

• Official Post

One also has to consider what role Iran has been playing recently what with their proxy war in the failed state that is Iraq, seizing oil tankers in the Gulf and the bombing of Saudi oil installations.

I don't think there's any doubt that General Soleimani was and has been involved in numerous killings and terrorist activity and it was only a matter of time that he was targeted.

• Trump is desperate for distraction. So war with Iran is on his moronic menu. Pompeo is puppet fool, sitting on Trumps knee and Moscow Mitch living on Russian money. Iran has very little to lose at this point but they may be smart enough to sit back and wait for November.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!

• I have read today that in their 243 years of existence, the United States haven't been at war for just 19. 8|

pretty much the same with UK and Fr

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!

• Actually, that’s not even close to being an accurate figure. Someone with more time than I, could add up all the war years. But in my own life alone, the non-war years number many more than 19.

Still, somehow the USA has morphed into a warring country that chooses to kill our young generations and run the national debt into the stratosphere. All while cutting taxes for corporations and the wealthiest 1%, transferring the burden to the middle classes who now have an ever smaller chance at living the “American Dream.”

How handy that we have immigrants to blame for all our problems.

• Official Post

Actually, that’s not even close to being an accurate figure. Someone with more time than I, could add up all the war years. But in my own life alone, the non-war years number many more than 19.

I have no idea of the reliability fo this website: https://www.globalresearch.ca/…-years-since-1776/5565946 but they list wars years by years. Some of them I had never heard of, like the Banana Wars!

• as surprised I am waking up every morning and reading that Maradona is still alive, as surprised I am that Israel is still there......I would sh.. my bombachas if I was living there......

• serafina , I’m curious about the agenda of this global research.ca and its washington’s blog. I’m not curious enough to spend more time researching it, though, after reading the post claiming that the US was behind the creation of Isis.

A small example in our lifetime of this source’s exaggeration in the effort to portray as many years as possible, as “war years,” is listing the First Gulf War in 1990 as well as 1991, implying 2 years at war, when that brief war actually lasted only six weeks, all within early 1991.

[The invasion of Kuwait led to a United Nations Security Council embargo and sanctions on Iraq and a U.S.-led coalition air and ground war, which began on January 16, 1991, and ended with an Iraqi defeat and retreat from Kuwait on February 28, 1991.

https://history.state.gov › milestones]

The listing of the so-called banana wars (corporate grabbing to control the Central American banana export business) as war years may be the most obvious example. I believe that Americans who were living during that 1899-1934 time period would have been very surprised to hear that they were at war - and for 35 years!

i think you see where this “America was behind the creation of Isis” website is going.

• Rather predictably, Iran has fired missiles at US bases in Iraq but as yet and again, predictably, no casualty figures have been given.

But, tragically, a Ukranian airliner has crashed in Tehran with the loss of 180 lives, which is in itself a macabre coincidence.

This seems like a face-saving “attack” designed to make Iranians think their govt had actually retaliated. Surely their missiles are more accurate than this? But let’s hope that Iran will be the cooler heads who will avert war. And let’s hope that trump’s handlers will rein in his hubris by stopping some egotistical victory dance today.

I’m thinking of the ‘coincidence’ of the Ukrainian plane crashing in Iran. Of course we don’t know what happened, but if you were a commercial pilot flying over or into Tehran during a rain of rockets, at the very least, you’d have been distracted.