Buying dollars is not a human right

• According to President Fernandez, buying dollars is not a human right and it's about time people realised this, according to him. He also thinks it's about time people started respecting the local currency (peso) by saving them, so he doesn't want people saving in dollars any more. He's worried that Argentines have a dual currency mindset and are obsessed with it.

Quite how he's going to solve that Gordian Knot is beyond me, since he's already started behaving like Robin Hood and ignoring the fact that, no matter how hard they try, successive governments have condemned the peso to the lavatory with every moved they made.

Buying foreign currency may not be a human right - in fact it's not a human right anywhere - but in most normal countries, it is at least a democratic right, no more and no less than buying a coffee.

• Before he starts scolding people for not saving in pesos, he needs to do the government’s job of giving the peso credibility and value by not over-printing and by taking actual steps towards turning the economy around.

The people are doing their dead level best to simply survive, and he is blaming the victims.

• Before he starts scolding people for not saving in pesos, he needs to do the government’s job of giving the peso credibility and value by not over-printing and by taking actual steps towards turning the economy around.

The people are doing their dead level best to simply survive, and he is blaming the victims.

Yes indeed I couldn't agree more.

Even if he got the banks to offer a 50% interest rate on a savings account he's not got a hope in hell of getting anyone to hang on to their pesos as people have no trust in the banks anyway.

• I have a feeling that those comments are leading to something much worse.......just first step!!!!!

If the Muppet and his Muppet cronies was really the believe that the peso is a great investment, why not start converting your own fortunes.....

No one with 2 braincells would put pesos under the Madras......and never will!!!!

• If the Muppet and his Muppet cronies was really the believe that the peso is a great investment, why not start converting your own fortunes.....

In fact, Cristina & Co. always steal dollars. They should lead by example and convert all their assets to pesos and repatriate them.

I'll bring the popcorn!

• Be prepared to see the US$200 per month limit that you are allowed to buy at the official rate, lowered to almost nothing because July saw a huge increase in people buying the greenbacks and the central reserve is is dwindling.

My bet would be anything between 50-100.

And of course it's the blame game once again - Macri for leaving the cupboard bare and the people for not saving in pesos toilet paper.

VIVA EL CHORIPLAN!

• Terrible to have to do that, but remembering what happened last time, to people who left their money in the bank....

Unfortunately, thieves know that people are now going to keep money at home.

I wonder where Cristina is keeping her ill-gotten gains these days?

• Given that they have changed their mind overnight , I feel its a big con . Can you ever trust an Argentine politician?

I am still taking our savings out from the bank tomorrow.

We keep in the bank the minimum amount to cover planned expensed, like health insurance, car insurance, my La Nación subscription.

On the plus side, last Thursday I was finally able to get my debit card linked to my husband's account. It took two days short to 5 months. It was the very last thing we were able to do before the never-ending quarantine kicked off.