I moan a lot about Argentina, yet there's a lot to be said for not living in the so-called first world.
- I fix a lot of things that I would otherwise have thrown away and get pleasure from that.
- I count my pennies and do maths on what I can afford. which is a first.
- When something goes right, against all known laws of probabilities, I'm ecstatic.
- Small mercies, like a discount on anything, are very important
- I rejoice when tolls (peajes) are all opened and free when drivers honk their horns loud enough.
I know there are loads of other instances of appreciating the small things, which I do, but maybe others could chime in.