Customer service stories

There are 110 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,298 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• We had a problem recently with our refrigerator - the freezer part was working well but the refrigerator wasn't working - the advice over the phone from our regular technician was " Switch it off for 24 hours and then restart. Apparently on our model the condenser freezes up and it needs to defrost from time to time . It should happen automatically but it doesn't . Believe it or not it worked !!

• GlasgowJohn , as with yours, our freezer works, but it’s because there’s a separate motor. Turning it off requires flipping off the power at the main box, which turns off everything in the kitchen. I’m still willing to try it, though. Tonight I’ll freeze a bunch of water bottles, then put them in the fridge to keep it somewhat cool during the 24 hrs. Then flip the switch tomorrow. Friday afternoon, I’ll report!

Oh, and Splinter , about buying a new one? That’s where the unintended humblebrag comes in. New ones cost $12-13k for this brand.

But in any case, the demand for ALL refrigerators has been high during the past few months, and the supply, low. So even one of the quality we have in BsAs would require months of waiting.

Right here in the Make America Great Again age!

• Official Post

There is a cheap Arabic food place just 'round the corner. We used to go there for dinner when we didn't have time to fix us some.

I was craving their main dish with a little bit of all the Arabic classics (hummus, baba ganoush, tabouleh, etc.) so we decided to make an order. Since it is one block away, we decided to skip Rappi/Glovo and order by phone.

At the beginning of the quarantine they were offering free delivery in a 3-blocks radius. Now they no longer do.

We called, we ordered 2 pieces and extra bread, we were questioned on why we wanted to come pick it up ourselves - we explained it was faster to walk a block. We were told a $700 total.

My husband goes there to pick it up, the price is different than what he was told over the phone (50 pesos more).

He comes home, I open the bag and there is only one piece of the order (enough for 1 person, only). He calls back the restaurant and they told him to come back to pick it up (!!).

He goes back and they ask him $200 (!!!). My husband didn't go out with his wallet. The restaurant owner (?) mumbles something - the person who took the order by phone didn't know what he was talking about, he adds that the $750 originally paid didn't cover the second piece.

My husband replies that he placed the order over the phone and he was told it was $700. He goes there and it's $50 more. They told him the $50 were for the extra bread we requested.

In the end, they let him go away with the second piece and the promise to go back to give them $200. Which we refuse to do. We won't go there a third time. And probably ever.

• I have noticed by browsing around PedidosYa that places are doing some weird things.

My kids tell me McDonald's are only letting you order four items. Burger King are making people order something called a Snack Box alongside combos. These snack boxes are around 200 pesos, so basically they are forcing people into paying an extra $200 if they want a combo. There's a place we get supremas from and they do an individual for 400 pesos and a family size for 800. They are only allowing people to buy the family sized ones, even though they come as four individual ones anyway.

There are others, but you get the picture. I just don't understand why they would be doing that, none of the above make sense to me. I mean my son wanted a Burger King, as soon as they wanted to add 200 pesos for something he didn't want I told him go elsewhere, so it's not a tactic that helps them make more money. It is also worth noting that these types of changes seem to be sporadic and not everytime we check.

• Although we aren’t in New Orleans, we keep up with events and reopenings in the ‘hood. One of the French Quarter’s very well known restaurants, without announcing it in any way, is now adding an 18% service charge, which, like Argentina’s cubierto, is separate from the waiter’s tip (now customarily 20% in the US). As Semigoodlooking points out, this isn’t helping them make money. Now that the word is out, people are choosing other restaurants to support in their reopening.

• Oh Lordy, I remember that painful moment!

Is there even any semi-reliable speculation about BsAs restaurant reopening dates? I’m thinking of the very large number of waiters who have had to sit out the quarantine, who will soon learn their jobs are permanently gone.

• GlasgowJohn , I forgot to follow up last Friday. Sadly, turning the fridge off for 24 hours didn’t do the trick for us. But now we are closer to the date of the repairman’s visit. Counting down to Aug 5.

Since it’s summer up here, it is hard to get by for a couple of weeks without refrigeration.

• Official Post

Today... first day of hairdresser. I had booked my appointment online using the hair salon beauty system. I had religiously read their FB post on instructions (no bags/handbags, mask on at all time, sanitize hands and shoes upon entering the premises, no delay allowed). The booking system sent me a calendar file and I was able to add my appointment to my phone.

However, this morning.... I go at the address stated and I can't see the place. I see another hair salon 40 meters away but the name is not the same. So I check the FB page and the FB address is on a different street. I go to the other street and there is the correct sign but also a big VENDE/ALQUILA sign. I then try to call the phone number listed on FB and nobody replies.

I call the phone number listed on their website and nobody replies. I send a message on Facebook and nobody replies.

I get back home, PRETTY pissed, and I write a public post in a comment on their page... and nobody had yet replied, 8 hours later. This place as 21k like and two locations. I had never been there before but it has been on my radar for a while. Rated $$$ on FB, I was expecting to get a better than average service.

Instead, I didn't even get as far as to be their client. They haven't even realized the client wasn't there and was trying to communicate with them. I am the only one pissed because I got up earlier and I had prepped my hair for their treatment as instructed. What a waste of time.