Dec 10, 2019 - Alberto Fernandez takes on the Presidency - Safety in Microcentro?

There are 81 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 14,310 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• call me childish....I wanna see the baboons live and not only in television or zoo......I'm starting up the Moto n heading for the big show......

• driving today is like having a heating fan in front of u..... totally crazy!

What a crowd......the same I see on a daily basis cutting the streets!!!!

• so just back from my little round in micro Centro, telmo n 9. Julio.

Was all like I expected it to be: a huge piquete with small round morrochas n white trash......also, round and fat, but taller.

In all my time here and anywhere in the world, I take the time to go and watch stuff like this, watching news from the opposition, C5N, pagina12 etc etc.

I wanna make my own picture and not get influenced by "right" media or anything anti Peronists.

Anyway, Everytime I experience this stuff, I get confirmed in my suspicion.

Same with the C5N, pagina12.......

I wonder what they are gonna write about now.......what is the new grieta? Ahhhhh, the grieta is over, now the positive stuff is coming.......

Many I speak to say it's gonna get complicated......no more bullets left......when the choripaneros realize that, gonna be hell on earth here.....

There is no more money to steal or give out, box is empty!!!!

Btw, watched the whole inauguration of 🤡, and listened full speech........a speech like that would make u impossible to be in politics in Europe......."we wanna pay, but if we can't pay" "Argentinian industry will blossom, but imports is a part of us" "we need to work all of us, but if u won't work u shouldn't be judged" BLABLABLA

Never heard such a long speech with so much bullshit contradictions.......

Nunca mas, and malvinas belong to Argentina....

• A picture that speaks a thousand words.

If u look at her whole appearance today, u realize she is sick..... seriously.....

I really say it in her defense......she is totally mental ill....... she was chucking down one bottle of water after another and putting her hair in place....... sick she is

• Official Post

So, I am alive to tell...

I went out one hour earlier than normally to account for roads closed around Plaza de Mayo.

My bus, Linea 140, should pass for Avenida Corrientes, that was marked as closed in the map on La Nación. As I hopped on the bus, I asked the driver if he was going through Corrientes or if it was already closed, and he'll say, 'We'll see when we get there'. Duh!

For some reason the driver started deviating at some point, following Calle Tucumán, the closest parallel road to Corrientes still open. Oddly enough, transit was not any heavier than usual given that many shops and offices were closed for the day.

While crossing 9 de Julio, I could see people starting to walk with banners toward Congreso, but very tranquil. There were many buses parked along 9 de Julio and I guess they were supporters' buses and not tourist ones.

In the end, I arrived 45' earlier (9 AM), so I just went for a coffee to wait for my appointment. Microcentro was unusually quiet. Not Sunday-quiet, but I was expecting people swarming from every side. It was not the case.

However, when my appointment was over, at about 10:40, I soon realized that 140 buses were nowhere to be seen (other buses were running just fine), so I decided to walk toward north, where I was heading anyway.

After walking 6 blocks, I stopped at another 140 stop. There were about 8 people in line... and it looked like they had been there for a while. Then a man walking by told the man in front of me that the 140 weren't able to go fully to the last stop, so they were stopping at Tribunales, which was another 6 blocks away. I walked to Tribunales, and there they were! Two 140s with aircon!

The rest of the people in line didn't move and stayed in the line. I don't know if they decided to ignore the passer-by or didn't hear him. I am glad I did, because waiting under the sun, all dressed up, with 35°C was no fun.

When I crossed the 9 de Julio by foot on my way back, fast passed 4 buses 'Escolares' (or former escolares) with windows down and doors open, full of union men with the flag UOCRA PRESENTE screaming and yelling like it was the Superclásico.

I watched around if other people were as disheartened as me, but nobody seemed to care.

• Splinter .....didn't take any pics...... already the way people looked at "other" people did not encourage me to take out telephone hahaha

I was sitting at piedras/indepencia for 2 hours watching the crowd pass by......

Before I went through all of the cut of part of 9. Julio, plaza de mayo etc.

Couldn't tell if it was Boca playing or a normal piquete.......

Anyhow, many of the people looked liked they enjoyed moment but feared the sh.. coming.......wasn't happiness without limits.

Yesterday I saw an interview with la nacions Carlos pagni......one of the greatest guys to listen too......to boil it down: FF play it like in 2002/2003 by the takeover after the collapse......buuuuuuut nothing is similar....agro prices half, huge external debt, huge government deficit, and and and......I wish the voters would listen sometimes......the more I think about whole situation and speak to people, the more I think shtf seriously at some point in near future!!!!!

I have really become more and more sociopath here......and actually now Im probably at a high......don't wanna worry on behalf of others........for tourists and expats with USD, Argentina will be great.....!:bananadance:

• Official Post

My household, apart from me, is remarkably upbeat and optimistic after yesterday.

I haven't watched any of it yet, but I gather Albert's speech is said to have been inspiring, with a view to bringing people together, although I seem to remember that Macri kicked off with the same ideals four years ago.

In fact, Adri's boy (22) said that it was the best speech he'd heard in his (short) lifetime; he was impressed that Albert had driven himself to the ceremony in his silver grey Toyota, had pushed Michetti's wheelchair up a ramp and had basically connected with the people - where have I heard that before? No fancy political footwork there then?

Adri is impressed with the new economy minister, Guzman, who upped sticks at Harvard to take the job, as he has massive experience in this field. I seem to remember that all Macri's men did too.

There's no doubt that Albert has the common touch, something Macri lacks, but will it be enough?

But what worries me most is CFK.

Remember Dick Cheney? He became practically the most powerful person the USA when he was vice-president to GWB and was the one pulling all the strings behind the scenes, not to mention Rumsfeld.

Cheney was able to latch onto little known clauses in the law and constitution which enabled him to wield huge power. He had offices in all the important places in Washington, including The Pentagon and the House of Representatives. In other words, he knew almost everything that he needed to know, by keeping his enemies close by.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see CFK doing a Dick Cheney, with her primary motive being spite, hatred and revenge. She was out in the cold for four years, but now she's back with a master plan and very sharp knives.

Macri and his colleagues will be her first targets, following the release of all those so-called political prisoners in Ezeiza and Marcos Paz.

And those trials and indictments she's ensnared in? They will quietly die away as she worms her way into the judiciary, yet again.

• My household, apart from me, is remarkably upbeat and optimistic after yesterday.

I haven't watched any of it yet, but I gather Albert's speech is said to have been inspiring,

I never saw any of it either but my wife also said the speech was ''very good'' which surprised me considering she belongs in the opposite camp. She's quite optimistic that the K woman will take a back seat having done her job of getting him in.....whether that be forced or by her own choice is another matter.

• this is why it's called populism!!!!!!

The speech of him, dreadful, both by the takeover and at nighttime by the party!!!!!

(For anyone with 101 in economy).

U cannot unite as much as u want, the country is in deep, deep, deep sh...!!!!!

I saw a fact checker by La Nacion over all the points in 🤡 speech....... basically ALL correct and facts!!!!!!!

But......what does that say about future? Nada!

"High unemployment" fact, of course came in 4 years!

"High inflation" fact, came in 4 years!

"Sky high dollar" fact, came in 4 years!

"Productivity low" fact, came in 4 years!

"A lot of femicidios" fact, came in last 4 years!

Etc etc etc

I could make a million statements that would be a fact.....and that would be a great speech!!!!

But seriously......guy and his vice, did bring the country where we are, except of last 4 years!!!!!

And you know how to solve it? Good luck!!!!!

There is coming hard times, really hard.....

Btw I lost my bet on mm finishing his term......I wanna double up on that bet: Alberto will not stay long in power!!!!!

Either he will b moved away, step down, fall on the stairs, whole team FF, including the queen resign or be removed etc.......if anyone is willing to bet, let me know!!!!

And in regard to his arrival in a Toyota.......don't make me laugh!!!!!

That people are the most greedy capitalistic pigs on earth.......faker than fake.....