Driving tips.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,070 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Here's how roundabouts should be handled, according to the UK Highway Code.

When taking the first exit to the left, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal left and approach in the left-hand lane

• keep to the left on the roundabout and continue signalling left to leave.

When taking an exit to the right or going full circle, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal right and approach in the right-hand lane

• keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to exit the roundabout

• signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.

When taking any intermediate exit, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• select the appropriate lane on approach to and on the roundabout

• you should not normally need to signal on approach

• stay in this lane until you need to alter course to exit the roundabout

• signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.

When there are more than three lanes at the entrance to a roundabout, use the most appropriate lane on approach and through it.

For some reason this doesn't work in Argentina where, as you all know, it's a free for all.

• roundabouts here are useless.....sorry!!!!

NO ONE, except maybe an expat passing through, know how to use them!!!! So actually causes much more chaos than dynamic flow of the traffic!!!!

I have 3 here by me in tigre, just by my house, until now I have not seen any use it as supposed!!!

The main faults: being to brutal or being to soft.......

Just hammering into it, or waiting for minutes before u enter into it.......

And for sure it does not help anything posting the English version hahaha.....

Hope no argi read this post, pleasssssse

Hahaha

• yes it works well, but the English version works well in England, Australia etc......not in rest of world..... hahaha

I'm gonna read about this in the news now......

Hahaha

• Of course the biggest difference between the British one shown above compared to the one we have to cross on Ruta 5 most days are the give way markings painted on the road. Here they don't have them!! Not that it would make any difference if they did right enough.

• I think the biggest difference to the one in splinters post and one here is, England is left driving and here we are driving in the right side.......so by reading the instructions above, even I get confused!!!!

I know that it's the same princip, but every time right is mentioned I need to convert to left and so forth. Anyway I will try it today and see if it works better....I'll keep u posted!

• I also love how the one way streets here in my town don't have any signs or markings informing you which direction the traffic flows. If you're from out of town you either have to look and see which direction the parked cars are pointing or guess if there are none. Seemingly unsurfaced roads are never one way roads.

• I’m with @JAN on this one - can’t get my head around the job of translating driving on the left to driving on the right. Even a mirror doesn’t do it for me.

I also agree that it’s better if your diagram doesn’t make it into the public domain here, Splinter. I’ve actually seen people drive left on roundabouts here!