Bike mishaps, theft, etc

There are 66 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,244 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

An unfortunate victim of a bike robbery in La Plata describes how it happened.

English:

Today it was my turn, they stole the Yamaha with which I made and planned so many trips.

I crossed 2 motorcycles at 20 and 44 (La Plata) each with two kids on top, they came by 20 and I by 44, crossed in red so I stopped to let them pass. They continued for 20 but I sensed that they were going to come looking for me. Then start to screw up without stopping at traffic lights. At one point I thought I was exaggerating why I had already lost sight of them. When I grabbed 60 from street 1 to 122 I see two lights 100 meters behind, I wasn't sure they were so I went deep, reaching 120kmph I keep looking in the mirror and those lights were 100 meters behind. So I didn't want to go to the apartment and brake in the YPF of 122 and 60, at the pumps. I take out the key and walk away a few meters from the motorcycle, there was a beach player who didn't even hit the situation and walked away. The four fell on both bikes, one was threatening to take out the gun so I went inside the full. They circled around the motorcycle one climbs and I try to go back from full to the motorcycle. One of them sees me and again grabs something at the waist so I recalculated and returned. In a moment I took something out and hid behind a column. They took her by pushing her with her foot. I started walking on 60 of 122 towards 1 a friend came to the veterinary school, we saw them leave the forest already with the motorcycle walking and they escaped ...

I know it could have been worse, nothing happened.

So now what I want most is to recover the motorcycle since it is a very important motorcycle for me.

I will be forever grateful if they share or any information they have about the bike. I had insurance against third parties so I'm not going to recover the amount that doesn't worry me because I sincerely want the bike ...

It is a Yamaha XTZ 250 Black, Year 2010 with fenders and auxiliary headlights. 108GIW patent

Spanish:

Hoy me tocó a mí, me robaron la Yamaha con la que hice y planeaba tantos viajes.

Me cruce a 2 motos en 20 y 44(La Plata) cada una con dos pibes ensima, ellos venían por 20 y yo por 44, cruzaron en rojo por lo que frene para dejarlos pasar. Siguieron por 20 pero intuí que me iban a venir a buscar. Entonces empezar a meterle pata sin parar en los semáforos. En un momento pensé que estaba exagerando por qué ya los había perdido de vista . Cuando agarre 60 de calle 1 hasta 122 veo dos luces 100 metros atrás, no estaba seguro que fueran ellos así que le metí a fondo, llegando a 120kmph sigo mirando por el espejo y esas luces seguían 100 metros atrás. Así que no quise ir para el depto y frene en la YPF de 122 y 60 , en los surtidores . Saco la llave y me alejo unos metros de la moto , había un playero que ni bola le dio a la situacion y se alejo. Cayeron los 4 en las dos motos , uno se me amenazaba con sacar el arma así que me fui para adentro del full. Se quedaron dando vueltas alrededor de la moto uno se sube y yo intento ir de nuevo del full a la moto . Uno de ellos me ve y otra vez se agarra algo en la cintura así que recalcule y volví. En un momento saco algo y me escondí atrás de una columna . Se la llevaron empujándola con el pie . Yo empecé a caminar por 60 de 122 hacia 1 llego a la facultad de veterinaria vino un amigo , los vimos salir del bosque ya con la moto andando y se escaparon...

Se que podría haber sido peor , no paso nada .

Por lo que ahora lo que más quiero es recuperar la moto ya que es una moto muy importante para mí.

Les voy a estar eternamente agradecido si comparten o cualquier información que tengan sobre la moto. Tenía seguro contra terceros así que no voy a recuperar la suma cosa que no me preocupa por qué sinceramente quiero la moto...

Es una Yamaha XTZ 250 Negra , Año 2010 con defensas y faros auxiliares. patente 108GIW

• Official Post

Over the last few days there have been several incidents involving motorbike thieves (motochorros) being killed and/or severely injured by police cars. The general consensus has always been that they got what they deserved, with others saying that the police have no right to snuff the life out of anyone, regardless of what they've done.

My opinions is that if you live by the sword, you die by it. What do these animals really expect?

This first incident is two or three robbers aboard a stolen bike having also stopped and robbed a pedestrian, after which they were chased by police and blocked off resulting in a collision. One robber died.

Warning: graphic videos of the accidents.

https://www.infobae.com/socied…luego-de-cometer-un-robo/

The next one involves two robbers on a bike after they stole a woman's handbag, went full speed the wrong way down a one way street and collided with a retired policeman's car. One robber died.

https://www.infobae.com/socied…uando-intentaban-escapar/

And this one is when two youngsters on a bike evaded a police vehicle check and collided with another police car when being chased by another. They both suffered injuries, which were not fatal.

https://www.infobae.com/socied…o-de-un-control-policial/

For years the general public have been complaining about the lack of police action in such situations, but now when they do act, many people think it's overly aggressive. You can't have it both ways and Argentina is not the only country to pursue bikes in this way. It happens in the UK as well, but not with such fatal results, as far as I know.

• ......and our next security minister, taking over from Bullrich, is claiming Hezbollah is not a terror organization!!!! Good luck Argentina!!!

• Official Post

Bullrich has created a new rapid reaction force -Linces - to combat biker thieves (motochorros), made up of men from all the security forces and using Kawasaki Versys 650s.

It's a shame it's taken four years to get this band together, but at least it gives the lads a chance to don cool shades and SWAT outfits. Let's hope they take no prisoners.

• These home made spikes have been discovered on R2 between Lezema and Castelli, so be very careful. One can only imagine that htye have been put down by ruthless repair and tow cowboys.

Good Grief! Those could be fatal at highway speeds. It seems like It could be an easy crime to solve with a small-scale sting operation -

• Official Post

I left my bike outside the house for an hour this morning only to discover that some toe rag had stolen my license plate. I went straight to the police station to report it, only to discover that all complaints like that are now done online. So I did that at least, hoping that if any crime is committed using my old plate, they'll have a record of my report.

I then went to a printer friend who knocked up a replica on plastic because getting a replacement is going to take a while.

As you can see, I fitted Allen bolts to prevent this, but they just ripped it off.

• soon u will be in a C5N coverage of a nasty motochorro incident.....=O

I put my licence plate on my old xr600 with flat head bolts and double nuts on the back of the plate....U can get it off but it will be a lot of action.

• Maddening. Sorry that happened, Splint. With so few people able to be out and about during quarantine, it was some kind of bold thief who would rip off your plate in broad daylight, right in front of your house!

• Official Post

Yes, the lad has his plates nicked last year and ended up paying about 1500, not to mention the fines. I seem to be clear, miraculously.

Edit:

I popped up to the vehicle registry and not only was it open but void of customers. The friendly bloke behind the protective screen welcomed me in in spite of my needing an appointment (turno) online.

New plate $1500, thanks very much and I complete the procedure on Tuesday, expecting it to arrive in about three weeks, apparently.

Pretty painless as far as Argie paper-chasing is concerned, except for the cost.

• Just suppose you see your plate ahead of of you on the street. What do you do?

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!