Why does it take 8 police officers to check my driving credentials?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,413 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

Coming back from a mission to purchase a new wing mirror for poor old Honda Fit (which will the subject of an upcoming story), I was riding next to another biker who suddenly lurched and took the next right turning. I quickly realised why when I got pulled over by a posse of miltary (Prefectura) and local police in a now familiar pain in the ass checkpoint.

In my Arg riding career, I would estimate that I've been pulled over at these random checkpoints more than 50 times already and frankly I'd rather do something else, like gouge my eyes out.

On this occasion there were five Prefecturas ffs! and three local cops, all heavily armed and I had to produce the following.

Insurance card

Bike cedula

DNI

License

VYV

Shoe size

IQ

I know they've got a job a to do, but really? 8 cops standing around, checking docs?

By the way, not once during my many travels in UK, Europe and USA have I ever been stopped in a random checkpoint. Yes, I know I'm in Arg and things are different...:evil:

• By the way, not once during my many travels in UK, Europe and USA have I ever been stopped in a random checkpoint.

My guess is that none of the above places have a word comparable to "motochorro".

There are bike gangs, yes, but that is a different animal.

There are enough headaches in this country involving bikers for the entire class to be viewed rather negatively by the general population.

Where did this happen btw?

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com