Everyday practical things

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,075 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• serafina, If the problem is calcium, then vinegar is your solution. But I’m afraid your dishwasher and its detergent might have etched tiny scratches into your glasses. If that’s the case, tell me and I’ll bring you new ones on our next trip.

Meanwhile, UK Man, I applied alcohol gel and let it sit for a few hours. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than any of the other solutions. Now the glasses just seem to have a smudge. Our guests might think our glasses aren’t clean, but at least the glasses won’t stick to their hands.

We call that progress!

• Meanwhile, UK Man, I applied alcohol gel and let it sit for a few hours. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than any of the other solutions. Now the glasses just seem to have a smudge. Our guests might think our glasses aren’t clean, but at least the glasses won’t stick to their hands.

We call that progress!

Good....it'll eventually disappear. Ply your guests with enough alcohol and they won't even notice the smudge. ^^

• Official Post

What is the white stuff? Never owned or used a dishwasher in my life so wouldn't know.

If it's stuff similar to limescale steeping them in vinegar will get rid of it.

It is an opaque patina, and it is actually just aesthetic. The glasses are perfectly clean.

Rice, how should I use the vinegar? Soak the glasses in vinegar? Wipe them with a vinegar-soaked cloth?

By the way, I walked by your place today and I think you were home, because I saw the window open. It was about 6:30PM!