Where to change dollars in Blue market?

There are 184 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,620 times. The latest Post () was by GlasgowJohn.

• Official Post

Anyway the amounts we are talking about here, I think is reasonable harmless and of no interest to the authorities.

The amount is of no interest, but the information that you have potentially undeclared accounts abroad is.

I have no intention to pay Argentina a yearly tax for having to keep my savings away from their draconian and unreliable banking system, especially if these are savings from my work done abroad before even moving to Argentina, on which I was already taxed abroad.

• serafina

Me neither.......but I used my payoneer card which is just having peanut money, so not really a savings account.

I'm like u, I don't see why on earth we should pay tax on anything from another country, from our home country and earlier earnings.

But again, I doubt afip is interested in us......or say small people with some thousands.

• That usually brings about good results.

Not taking things seriously seems to be the way this country is run.

The wife is just back from the Renault dealership where the car still sits in the same place waiting to be repaired....been there for days. When she asked when they would start they replied ''don't know it'll soon be Christmas''. :rolleyes:

• Official Post

Not taking things seriously seems to be the way this country is run.

The wife is just back from the Renault dealership where the car still sits in the same place waiting to be repaired....been there for days. When she asked when they would start they replied ''don't know it'll soon be Christmas''. :rolleyes:

Always better than ‘Why do you need the car anyway?’ 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I picked up 65,000 pesos this afternoon at Pago Facil in Carrefour in Ingeniero Maschwitz , sent to me by Western Union.

Not all Pago Faciles are set up to deal with international transfers – the one at Easy in Escobar isn’t authorized for example.

The beauty of the ones at Carrefour branches is that they always have cash as people pay bills there

Setting up with Western Union is easy.

They ask for a copy of your European passport or driving licence and a bank statement proving a European address.

This documentation stays in Europe as gar as I can see. In any case I have three cousins with the same name and surname as me, so those are the guys that are sending me the cash if anyone every asks.

Here they ask for your DNI and input the data unto their database.

I seriously doubt that the AFIP are looking to get guys bringing in the odd thousand dollars.

Meanwhile, this system is decent and the rates are the best in the market at the moment.

• I see that the Correos de Argentina are also agents for Western Union . I will have to give them a try next month...

Im not sure I would do that myself.....

Carrefour is a private company offering WU as a service/making money...... Correo Argentina.....state owned or related......I fear there could be a difference!:D

The WU in my carrefour is top professional, always friendly and trying to do their best..... never had an issue......

Anyway give it a try and let us know....

• just made another WU transfer.......

The spread to paying with a foreign credit card is now exactly 30%.........got 83 for the euro, and in coto they bill u by 64!!!!!!

Gonna transfer all my money that way from now on!!!!

(By a fee of 4.90 euros, which is unimportant by several hundred euros or USD)

• Not taking things seriously seems to be the way this country is run.

Well the missus contacted Renault head office in Buenos Aires and they were none too impressed with what she had to say about her dealings so far with the Renault dealership here. A couple of hours later they rang back to say our car is now being attended to. The chap did say I only have their word for it but as we are paying them a visit next week you can be sure it'll be getting done. :thumbup:

We shall see but I suspect these dealerships have to toe the line or end up losing their franchise. This one in particular has a reputation for poor service.

• On the exchange rate -

Nowhere near @JAN’s WU rate, still, our neighborhood chino gave us 68/dollar today.

I'm talking euro rate!!!!!! That was 83 today! USD is 10% less, so should b round 74