Why teachers aren't paid fairly around the world

There are 35 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,842 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Our electrician is always hard to get hold of he's so busy....so is our plumber come to think of it. Both seem to do very well for themselves. I asked the wife if tradesmen like them have to be officially registered as qualified given they're tinkering with stuff that could kill you if done wrong. She just looked at me.....

Don't ask if you are afraid of the answer!

• I kill the bastard if something goes wrong, HE IS responsible!!! (Just kidding).

For this special part, I needed a certified and registered one .....he made like a 5 pages report about everything, how many groups, loads, cables and and and, quite detailed.......and that from a distance!

• Official Post

I kill the bastard if something goes wrong, HE IS responsible!!! (Just kidding).

For this special part, I needed a certified and registered one .....he made like a 5 pages report about everything, how many groups, loads, cables and and and, quite detailed.......and that from a distance!

But is it at least correct, or has he a standard report valid for any installation? I can see a new market for a photoshop electric artist: he creates a compliant cabling out of your crappy meters, and then you can send the photoshopped picture to Jan’s certified electrician! 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• serafina .....

He for sure has a standard form with all numbers etc., But it's a quite complicated report because it list a lot of data about each group and the connections.

I send him around 10 pics of the boxes, one outside house, one inside lot and the main board inside house. Then pics of cable entries, house front, that was it.

I could have send whatever pic I wanted....could just have send neighbors or downloaded some in internet.

• Rice yep u r right .......

And the stupid Germans think they are so clever and efficient.....they haven't even entered into the computer age!!!!:D

• Official Post

Replacing a light bulb is about as far as I'll go when it comes to anything electric....especially here.

I did some electric work on our place, very small stuff like fitting sockets to my liking, and I bet I have swore more in those two days than in my entire life.

Oh, and the trick of taking a picture of the installation before disconnecting the wire is barely usale, since in Argentina all cables have the same color. So it is really a trial-and-error process to see which connections won't fault the whole system.

And the ground cable can be black in one socket and green in the next one, or blue! Or brown!

I decided my life was worth more, and if it wasn't that electricians are so hard to get by, I'd have entirely given up by now.

• I'm impressed, serafina - and relieved & glad that you lived to tell the tale. Maybe this is why electricians are hard to come by -- they have all been electrocuted while trying to guess which cable not to touch!

• Unlike the bloke who helped me fix the gas heater. When we'd finished putting it all back together, he whipped out his lighter and said, "Let's test it for leaks."

I remember taking several steps backwards, but the rest is all a blurr now.

Our plumber does that as well every year we get him to clean the gas heaters. We're still alive. :thumbup: