The latest good and bad news from INDEC

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Splinter.

• The good news, Mrs. Lincoln, is that your husband, the President, enjoyed the play immensely....

http://www.batimes.com.ar/news…onomy-in-brief-2312.phtml

The takeaway actually seems positive, on balance. Of course the external debt increased substantially - that’s what happens when a country rejoins the world economy. Not saying it’s necessarily good, just that it’s expected.

A 4.3% overall growth is decent, and it’s been growing five quarters now. Seems to be the right road for eventually getting out of the woods.

• And they've adjusted the inflation forecast to 15% for 2018. Still unacceptably high (for most countries), but nowhere near the levels of three or four years back, when not even the K liars could hazard a guess.

As an aside, my three year shop rental contract is up for renewal in Feb and if they try to whack me with 30% for each of the three years in the contract (compounded), they can take a hike.

• And they've adjusted the inflation forecast to 15% for 2018. Still unacceptably high (for most countries), but nowhere near the levels of three or four years back, when not even the K liars could hazard a guess.

As an aside, my three year shop rental contract is up for renewal in Feb and if they try to whack me with 30% for each of the three years in the contract (compounded), they can take a hike.

This will be an interesting indicator of things to come. Please keep us advised.