Why stop with a 5 peso coin?

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,723 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• serafina ........

Hahahaha yea, Stories of cat n mouse falling in love it a Jew and a Palestinian......but seriously, those are exceptions, in my countries. I have met one Argentine family my whole life living in Europe, was a tourist family by Oktoberfest!!!!! And 2 Argentinians in Amsterdam......beside that nada!!!! I know even in Denmark u have Argentinian clubs, but really, it's handful of them, not more. Of course Spain u would have more.

Splinter ....

Exactly.....we all know WHY the peso makes sense....... exactly like u say, so that u can fill ur pockets legally with small tricks! Beside that really there is no reason except of patriotic Blablabla......

I know I have said this many times, but again: how many products here are Argentinian from scratch to end product?

(Remember: machines used in production, seeds, parts, pesticides, labour and and and).

I could find many in Germany f.ex.,

Here .....I don't know which.....

So u cannot behave like u r a self sufficient country, or like u r exporting valuable services, like for example Scandinavian countries with know how etc., to put against the imports.

• A friend if mine told me the mess about not only the Argentinian official currency but also at a certain point each province was issuing their own ones.......think it was by the last crisis in 2001/2. Carlos could you maybe elaborate on this????

Why not just have, say, 5 currencies in the central bank, physically, and then just swift around each time shtf.......no need for inventing and printing new ones all the time or? Hahahaha

Yes, in those years some provinces have issued a perticular money, only used in the same provinces. There was the "Patacon" and others with weird names. Then this particular money served only to pay taxes. Then, when the situation went to normality, they disappeared.

• Of course most of this nonsense could have been prevented if previous governments hadn't interfered with the exchange rate of the peso.

Macri deserves another term to finish the job as the hardest part has been done which was allowing the peso to find its true exchange rate. A money chap based in the capital I know reckons 65-70 pesos to the dollar is where it should be at so let's hope he's right. If that happens inflation should come down as well. Although what is really needed for inflation to really come down is to sort out the retail sector...it's a bloody joke the way it operates the now.

• What the value of the peso is, nobody can know.......as I earlier mentioned, Boudou was in charge of the whole physical money printing story together with the company Ciccone.....during that time one whole machine disappeared!!!!!!

Knowing the goons kk......I would say it would be the easiest of the easiest, and total impossible to track down, just to print pesos, out of the system!!!!

I doubt anyone check a serial number on a bill as long as it's an original and not fake note!!!!!!

So you can determine the intrinsic value of the peso, based on many factors, and maybe that would be xx, but it's impossible to know the amount of pesos in the system!!!! (Knowing how crooked those guys where).

So we better just sit back n enjoy our scotch UK Man .....:cheers:

Btw saw ballentines on sale in jumbo....660 pesos....bargain......

Also went n stocked up on wild turkey and gentlemen jack in carrefour, it's damn cheap!!!!

Of the thread: how can Russia b that bad in rugby???? Hahaha incredible or?

They should have some resources to make up a good team!!!!

• Rice great offer, gentleman jack 1500, it's 3800 in coto! Wild Turkey was like 800.....that's 2000 in coto!!!!!

Still in offer.....I saw them in vincente Lopez also!