Baby videos containing bathing and nappy change scenes are not allowed on YouTube

There is 1 reply in this Thread. The last Post () by Rice.

• Now that I'm converting VHS to digital, I'm doing some of Adri's old tapes from 1997 and to be honest I don't watch them all the way through. I simply convert them and upload to my YouTube channel playlist that can only be viewed by people I send the link to.

Anyway, YouTube removed a video of her lad as a baby because they said it violated their community guidelines. On checking the contents, I found there were nappy changing and bathing scenes.

It turns out that you can upload such family videos provided you set the clip to private, which begs the question: what if I had indeed intentionally uploaded something offensive, could I still mark it as private?

I've heard of people even getting into trouble when they have tried to get perfectly innocent family photos processed in the high street, but I wasn't expecting this. Easily rectified yes, but a reminder of the world in which we now live.

• It turns out that you can upload such family videos provided you set the clip to private, which begs the question: what if I had indeed intentionally uploaded something offensive, could I still mark it as private?

Why don't you give it a try and find out?