Trying to disconnect a service? (dar de baja)

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rice.

• Now that we have Claro as our ISP and phone provider, I'm now trying to get our Telecom phone service disconnected. For some strange reason***, I always knew this wasn't going to be an easy task, so this is how it's proceeding so far.

We have tried several times over the least few weeks by dialling 112, but on each occasion the line goes dead having pressed a series of buttons to get to customer service.

At Telecom chat we are told to contact them via Facebook and Twitter, but on each of those, they never bother to even reply or acknowledge our request. Robots?

Since Adri is so busy with tax returns, I decided to take hold of this myself with a vengeance, since, with every week that goes past, we're paying two phone bills.

I then discovered a government page stating that it's now much easier (?) to have a service disconnected following a new law published on 28th July 2018, whereby telecoms companies have to provide a button on their websites for customers to request a disconnect service.

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/n…a-fija-y-movil-internet-y

I then went back to Telecom's website, logged on and found the tiny words solicitud de baja, filled out the form with an email address/mobile and it was sent.

What I didn't like was the fact that I received no acknowledgement of the request or any idea of when the service would be disconnected whatsoever, although I wasn't entirely surprised by this lack of detail.

I then went back to Facebook and Twitter yet again and sent messages that I knew would never be read (by robots as per Telecom chat) to no avail.

Once I get the bit between my teeth, I generally never stop, so I'll be on at them constantly from now on and if I get no luck online or on their 112 service, I shall have to pay them a visit at one of their many local branches.

Pretty abysmal reviews on Google:

https://www.google.com/search?…0!3m2!1i1459!2i835!4f13.1

That is sure to be lots of fun.

***I had a very unpleasant experience with Telefonica in 2009 whereby I was unable to have the service disconnected because they wouldn't allow me to pay the bill. I even had to go to their office in Bella Vista located in the ass hole of BA near Moreno and still couldn't pay the bill so they wouldn't disconnect me, resulting in court orders and my name going on the Veraz credit rating agency as a bad debt. That little experience was a complete nightmare that took months of my time and was never sorted out.

• Cancelling something in Argentina is like the classic gym membership where they just keep you tied in, either by making it complicated to leave or by consistently offering you little perks to stay. I have threatened to leave Telecentro several times to be rewarded with a signifigantly reduced bill. It has become something of an annual event.

• ...tell me about it.

Day 2

No acknowledgement of any kind, but I did get a Facebook message overnight from an Estela:

Buenas noches Marc!

Mi nombre es Estela.

Te comento estoy chequeando tu consulta y actualmente no ingreso la solicitud de baja del servicio.

Te consulto cuando la ingresaste? Marc aprovechando tu respuesta me podes comentar cual es el motivo por el cual soliciats la baja del servicio? Ya que de ser un motivo tecnico o administrativo juntos lo podemos chequear.

Te espero 🙂

So they haven't received my request? No surprise there then.

I replied with a fistful of screenshots and did the whole disconnection thing again on their website. In fact, i think I'll do it every day until they disconnect.

• I remember back in time, canceling a cable provider was basically impossible.....they would require the small box, decoder back, and there would be very few outlets to return them too......and when arriving there would be a million in line in front of you to do the same.....so nobody would ever manage. And keep in mind they have your consent to deduct the monthly fees directly to you bank account!!!

Remember great videos from here with people going bananas in the telecom, telecentro, Cablevisión shops.....trashing the box, shouting "take this shit back", ruining the whole shop.... hahahaha

• Those are the moments I love in Argentina hahaha......

I'm glad I'm not young anymore.....I would be the same type to do that stuff.....

I must say my time in Argentina have tefloned me.....hard to think what could make me angry now.....I mean really like pissy, that I would behave violent......

• Those are the moments I love in Argentina hahaha......

I'm glad I'm not young anymore.....I would be the same type to do that stuff.....

I must say my time in Argentina have tefloned me.....hard to think what could make me angry now.....I mean really like pissy, that I would behave violent......

This is good for your health, JAN - you’ll never have a stroke.

• Miraculously I've received two replies from Telecom via Facebook saying that they will disconnect on 10th August, due to the invoice periods.

Anyway, all's well that ends well and it's saved me the trouble of kicking a telephone around one of their offices :)

• Let’s hope we can all celebrate your success on August.

But if you do end up in jail for kicking around a telephone in Telecom’s offices, we’ll bring choripan and Old Speckled Hen to your cell.