Mainly cats

There are 206 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 23,381 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• Helpful

Clean the feeders TWICE A DAY? Oh my. I must have been poisoning ours! Better to simply provide a continuous supply of trumpet-shaped red/pink/orange flowers, to let them collect their own nectar.

In the Iguazú town, where the falls are, there is a hummingbird garden (Jardín de los Picaflores) where they also rescue hummingbirds and educate about their care. They really stress on the cleanliness of the feeders. Obviously, they won't drop dead if they drink stale waters, so normally people don't see a correlation.

You can follow their instagram account for pictures and tips on how to help hummingbirds.

Login • Instagram

• Hello. Any suggestions on good pet stores to buy Inaba Churu creamy snacks (prefer in packs of 50) and arena/litter for cats? in CABA area. Ideally we would like to have corn based cat litter but on our last visit we didn't see any. Alternatively clay litter works but we tried to introduce silica gel but our cat didn't like it. Thank you.

• Hello. Any suggestions on good pet stores to buy Inaba Churu creamy snacks (prefer in packs of 50) and arena/litter for cats? in CABA area. Ideally we would like to have corn based cat litter but on our last visit we didn't see any. Alternatively clay litter works but we tried to introduce silica gel but our cat didn't like it. Thank you.

I have never heard of such brand. I bring my liquid snacks over from Europe, and I am struggling to find quality wet food for our cat. The brand she fancied has been out of stocks for months, and the locally-produced wet food doesn't suit her taste. I am currently feeding her Dr. Sieger. She is liking their dry food, and she was enjoying the wet food in the small can (90 g). As soon as I bought the larger can (340 g) she failed to recognize it as food.

Previously, she was eating Wild and prior to that she used to eat HomeMade Delights. All these brands belong to the same company, Alican. For some reason, our cat falls in and out of love and doesn't look back.

She liked HomeMade Delights. Then she stopped eating it all of a sudden (we donated the left over stock to a volunteer). She moved to Fancy Feast (imported from Brazil), which has been unavailable since November due to import restrictions. So I bought Wild, and she was eating it with less enthusiasm, but still... However, Wild only offers fish flavors, so I bought a can of HomeMade Delights Chickens, but she didn't touch it, and a 90 g can of Dr. Sieger chicken, which she liked. I then bought the bigger can and she hardly likes it, preferring dry food.

I don't want her on dry food because she has had renal issues in the past and dry food just stresses kidneys. I am reading on BARF diet and following a local veterinarian (Verónica Roffo) who advocates for BARF, but I don't have the time to cook for myself, let alone for the cat.

----

A large pet store is Puppis, sort of PetCo. It doesn't always have the best price, but it has the greatest selection. It will be helpful to get an idea of the brands/assortments available in Argentina. Some brands are sold in other pet stores, such as CatPro that is not sold in Puppis but that I can find in smaller stores.

As for cat litter, we use pellets by Poopy Pets. The cat doesn't love it, but she didn't love silica, either (and it can dry out their paws) and sand was just too messy.

• serafina I found this online store which has a pretty good selection and sells Inaba Churu snacks (https://ar.miscota.com/search/s?q=inaba).

They are our cats favorite. You should check it out. Thanks for the tips, in terms of dry food we buy Hills Science Diet (https://www.hillspet.com/products/cat-food) this is suppose to be on the higher end and they do have wet food so maybe that is an option?

We will definitely check out Puppis. As for Vets, how are they here in general? Anything to be cautious of?

• Sadly we no longer have our cat as she passed away not long ago aged 15. She wasn't too fussy when it came to food. She was just as happy to eat Whiskas dry food than the hydrated Pescado souffle we gave her. Whenever I got 'fresh' fish for myself I'd poach the trimmings and give them to her.

• serafina I found this online store which has a pretty good selection and sells Inaba Churu snacks (https://ar.miscota.com/search/s?q=inaba).

They are our cats favorite. You should check it out. Thanks for the tips, in terms of dry food we buy Hills Science Diet (https://www.hillspet.com/products/cat-food) this is suppose to be on the higher end and they do have wet food so maybe that is an option?

We will definitely check out Puppis. As for Vets, how are they here in general? Anything to be cautious of?

miscota.com is a Spanish website that ships worldwide (you can see the Spanish flag in the footer). Customs in Argentina is awful, so. I am wary of it.

I tried to google for experiences with miscota.com from Argentina, and I came up with a FB page of people who have been scammed by them even 4-5 years ago

I am familiar with Hills from Europe, but I have never seen it in Argentina.

• Definitely forget that idea. I'm still waiting for the tea I ordered from the UK 15 years ago after it was impounded!! ^^

Our current STR guest arrived last night with her dog and her dog’s food. It was impounded in Ezeiza and she was given a document stating that it will be withheld by Senasa for 7 days before it is going to be destroyed. She will be given back the food upon leaving the country BEFORE the 7-day deadline.

And she has to leave from Ezeiza, so no cheap colonia run.

• Arrrgggghh. Thanks for the heads up.. and I thought I found a seller so these snacks would not be an issue anymore for my cat. I thought this was a local site.. dios.

Search will continue. As for Hills, I saw plenty around CABA.