Radiation risks for children and adults from phones, toys and other gadgets

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rice.

• Kim Komando adds her voice of caution about cell phones and other devices and toys that can pose danger from Radio Frequency energy.

https://www.komando.com/happen…tent=2017-12-22-article-b

As someone who spends hours each day with the iPad on my lap or the cell phone plastered to my ear, I took special note of this part:

When are you most at risk?

It is recommended that you limit your cellphone use when reception is weak. Your phone's RF energy is stronger when your cellphone only shows one or two bars. If this is the case, try increasing the distance between you and the phone by using the speaker or a headset.

Here are situations when a cellphone's RF signal is the strongest:

• At the start of a call, when the phone is trying to connect to a cell tower
    • As mentioned, when a cellphone only has one or two bars
    • When in a moving car, bus or train (as the phone switches from one tower to another)
    • When you are streaming music or movies or downloading or sending large files

Furthermore, the paper recommends keeping cellphone calls short (use the speakerphone for longer conversations) and to not rely on gadgets that claim to shield or neutralize cellphone radio waves.

• That's very interesting. When I was studying at the engineering faculty, the issue of radiation from power lines or cell towers was briefly dismissed as there was no proof of their harm to human health.

On another account, In 2014 I bought an iPhone cover/case with a soft rubber edge, which have been expanding in the top right corner (I suppose that's where the antenna is). I wonder if the same would happen to your ear!

• That's very interesting. When I was studying at the engineering faculty, the issue of radiation from power lines or cell towers was briefly dismissed as there was no proof of their harm to human health.

On another account, In 2014 I bought an iPhone cover/case with a soft rubber edge, which have been expanding in the top right corner (I suppose that's where the antenna is). I wonder if the same would happen to your ear!

well, THAT'S a happy thought --