Air traffic controllers’ union on strike

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rice.

• In this morning’s La Nación, nestled among a majority of sports stories, was the news of the strike by ATEPSA, the union representing the air traffic controllers and safety personnel of the nation’s airports. This strike is planned to extend until the end of the month, and at both EZE and AEP, will affect only departing planes, not landing planes, from 9-11 am and 7-9 pm.

ATEPSA is striking for better working conditions. I hope someone is listening.

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/so…fin-mes-pueden-nid2259534

• With air traffic controllers, I think complaints about working conditions usually include long hours. The job is so intense and stressful that the shifts need to be reasonable. We don’t want them getting tired and making mistakes.

• With air traffic controllers, I think complaints about working conditions usually include long hours. The job is so intense and stressful that the shifts need to be reasonable. We don’t want them getting tired and making mistakes.

My point is to discover whether their gripe is reasonable and this being Argentina, I would bet not.

• The problem is that they are having to work harder - Quite a few more flights - for the same money.

The navigation equipment at EZE and AEP needs to be upgraded .

Trying to get their salaries to acertain how it compares to US and European controllers.

• The problem is that they are having to work harder - Quite a few more flights - for the same money.

The navigation equipment at EZE and AEP needs to be upgraded .

Trying to get their salaries to acertain how it compares to US and European controllers.

Now THAT would be very good information.