How to import a used car into Argentina without dying in the process.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by serafina.

• When we were doing the paperwork to immigrate to Argentina, the lady at the Argentinian Consulate advised us against it.

So I left my semi-new BMW (2 y.o.) to my mom, and after 5 years in Argentina we have inherited an old '98 Megane with no airbag.

That pretty sums up my life change.

• Apparently, it's possible if you have the time, the money and are borderline insane.

https://autoblog.com.ar/2018/0…FCCK29fM239HYoAwG2vqt5BTM

This applies to luxury cars.

If you’re talking about a cheaper car, from what I understand it’s simpler (though by no means simple).

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• When we were doing the paperwork to immigrate to Argentina, the lady at the Argentinian Consulate advised us against it.

So I left my semi-new BMW (2 y.o.) to my mom, and after 5 years in Argentina we have inherited an old '98 Megane with no airbag.

That pretty sums up my life change.

I think she done you a favour....and not only due to the state of the roads.

Out here in the sticks someone seen driving a newish BMW would be marked down as being a bit on the dodgy side. ^^

• Whenever I see a car like mine here I gasp and I tell my husband 'look how brave is that man!' ^^

Indeed.

There was a young guy driving about our town the other week in an open topped white sports car. I think it was a BMW but I'm not sure. Anyway, he and the car stuck out like a sore thumb amongst all the dirty pick-ups and old bangers.

I said to the missus he's either a well known footballer based in the capital here visiting his mum or he's up to no good. ^^

• Open topped car are such a rare sight here! I imagine it must be hard to drive one of these, planning carefully the starting point and arrival point, and choosing the route according to its safety.