Outstanding military figures

There are 47 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,793 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I once read in a US Army book about the history of the Vietnam War that as part of President Johnson's " more flags over Vietnam" program Argentina did send military advisors to South Vietnam. Does anyone know anything about that?

The only other Latin American in country that got involved in the war in Vietnam was Honderous who's Airforce flew supply missions to South Vietnam I don't know to much about that either.

Leftyhunter

• I recall having read something about 5 or 6 observers being invited to see things in Vietnam. Let me check my library.

Yes, observers could be invited, but only to see, not to advise. Guerrilla warfare here began in 1969 onwards. What is true that during the military intervention 1976-1983, we received

advice of the right wing French who practised a cruel retaliation to the Argelia independists, particularly General Raoul Salan. Their lessons were well understood.

• Yes, observers could be invited, but only to see, not to advise. Guerrilla warfare here began in 1969 onwards. What is true that during the military intervention 1976-1983, we received

advice of the right wing French who practised a cruel retaliation to the Argelia independists, particularly General Raoul Salan. Their lessons were well understood.

Yikes. Please elaborate?

• Not just the youngest people, either. The political demi-gods and their henchmen we are faced with today are in their 60’s and 70’s, and their rabid supporters are mostly middle-aged. Does the frenzied enthusiasm of the crowd in this film’s rally look familiar?

In the Western World, there are nearly 20% fewer democracies than in the year 2000.

After all our forefathers went through to establish democracies, why are people trying so hard to crush constitutions and deliver democratic countries into the hands of autocrats? Is the similarity to the world’s strongmen so very hard to see?