Your pictures of Buenos Aires and beyond

There are 72 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 16,107 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• In Cap Fed, I'm always surprised at how many of the vehicles being driven like bumper cars at a carnival are very new. Given the economy, I'd expect more rust buckets. Can that many people have enough money to invest in expensive cars as an inflation hedge?

• Given the economy, I'd expect more rust buckets. Can that many people have enough money to invest in expensive cars as an inflation hedge?

Here the higher ratio of new/ish cars on the roads compared to the number of old bangers going about ten years ago is very noticeable. Whether they're all legit is another matter.

• Insured, licensed driver, stolen, etc. etc. :/

I will second this....

Incredible the change in the car base in such a short time.....

I always was believing some kind of scam involved......car leases, car loanes on fake pay checks, stolen etc etc.

Basically u could buy a car on fake papers, then just let it dissapear, and resell it or have it stolen......

A conocido of me, a dog walker, bought a sparkling new Peugeot a few years ago......no white income, wife and kids at home etc.....I wonder who signed of those papers. (Nice salta morrocho btw., Working hard and steady every day....so he deserves it).

Another hypothesis from me also: imagine all the noguis and state employees that was hired over the years with kk.......I would like to know how many cars that was bought with state money, and that are now still circulating, not paying either patente, fines, peaje or anything......

Five years back they cracked down on some of the phones that has been issued ..... thousands of thousands, in state name and with bills being paid by the state every months, but nobody knowing who had the phone.

I would make a billion guess: there is LOADS of cars in same situation!!!!

With either paid bills, expenses, patente, petrol, but also loads that just dissapeared, (without being stolen).

Exactly like when they found millions of dollars worth of municipal machinery in la plata in a galpon some years ago.

• Spot on......can you elaborate more on the mobile phone racket? I know of one loyal K supporter who sees nothing but sunshine coming out of her backside. Just so happens he has a mobile phone shop with few customers yet it's given him a comfortable lifestyle.....until K got the boot that is.

• UK Man ....

It was 4 years ago when mm got in power.....the first he did was starting to clean up by the state employees that didn't exist, or didn't ever have been at work, didn't know what their job was or or or......at the same time they did a small inventory to check the mobile telephones in use and being paid for by the state. Most was not to be accounted for, who, name, position, why the state should pay etc.,.......don't have the link to the whole story.....

Anyway, again, I wouldn't doubt a second that same happened with the cars......

You remember the story from some years ago.....one munipal, or part of Buenos Aires got donated some 20 Mercedes vans to fight football crime by the Stadions......(each a fortune, 50-100k). Then they requested a inventory status and pictures of the vans.......what came back what pictures of all the in question vans with their correct license plate......so all good......if it wasn't for that they hat photoshopped the plates on the same one van!!!!! They were requested to appear all of them for control, at same time......which of course wasn't possible!!!!! Hahahaha

Think I already told this beautiful argi story....... hahahahaha

• That is a tragic, beautiful story of greed and stupidity, @JAN .

Last night I was involved in a discussion about corruption in government. Although the two go hand-in-hand, I think that Argentina may be the first country I can name, that KNOWING how the K's have massively stolen from the country and the taxpayers, eagerly welcome Cristina's triumphant return. Very depressing.

• Rice .....

Yep, for sure we are not gonna change it!!!!

Anyway some of the stories are just to funny, it puts a smile on my lips.......even that of course it's a disaster.

I always say this:

There is NO country in the world more entertaining than Argentina.....

Surely will never get boring here....

They should use it as a tourist slogan instead of the stupid, "a country with good people".....so bollocks, non saying anything...."Argentina, the most entertaining country in the planet", and then with some pics of 50 different currencies, rioting a plaza de mayo, López hiding the money, Anibal escaping in the trunk, (hope u know that one) or or or.....

I would visit if I would see some marketing like that hahaha.... seriously...... adventure holiday!^^

Sometimes when I talk to peronchos and I just say yes yes yes, but with a look in my face "u stupid ignorant fuck", I see that even they see how stupid it all is......when u corner a peronist, u r close to laughing over the bullshit, and the peronist also himself finds it so absurd that he nearly need to laugh........but of course, the consequences are not to laugh about!

A little like confronting a big fat Labrador with stealing food, and the Labrador trying to convince u that it's u that is wrong!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Do like me, tell the people from here you speak to: Don't freaking complain after December please!!!! I, say it very directly.....I'm not gonna listen to any more grieta and crying.....that's it!!!! Anyway I think they will need some new focuses for the people.......to support the backing of the patria.....wonder what is on the list....."we need to fight this or that" or whatever.......one thing is sure: it's gonna be absurd!!!!

Did Macri kill people in prison?

Secret helicopter squads....?

Ninja murder troops in the poor barrios..?

Maybe Malvinas issues....about time to settle that dispute or...?

Only your imagination is the limit....

Get ready for the zoombie apocalypse!!!

• Rice

It's funny u say that.....I think they hide....soon they will come crawling out of their holes.... ( Splinter: missing a zoombie emoji :-))

Btw, When I look around I don't see a lot change in the supermarkets or bars, restaurants either....but like serafina pointed out in earlier post: people seem to spend money......I'm always the one that look like lowballing and saving......I was a brewery yesterday here in TIGRE...the young lads, normal ones, not rich kids or Nordelta types, seems to pick up rounds in the bar and food like always......much more than me.

I know that some are having a hard time......but it seems to be the ones that always had a hard time, the ones living on planes and of subsidies.

Yesterday afternoon entered in to a kiosko here.....door open, aircon on 28c heating.....outside some 18c.......:facepalm:

I cannot imagine that kiosk owner is close to dieing.......if you would use ur last pennies that way.....

• Official Post

I never meet Peronchos either, but then I don't usually ask my customers which way they lean.

Adri's cousin, who lives in Houston is a diehard CFK fan, not to mention some of her very wealthy customers and they are convinced, like night following day, that things were much better with Queen Bitch and she is the one they want to see on the throne.

It's more than adulation, really, and i simply can't get my head around it.

Edit

Zombie smiley added :rimg: