Door to door shipment rules

There are 19 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,933 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Official Post

According to Clarin, you now be able to order stuff from abroad 12 times per year up to US$50 per shipment without having to go through AFIP.

It starts in April

Door-to-door shopping: the tax-free franchise goes up to US $ 50, it can be used 12 times a year and there will be no need to go to Customs

The Ministry of Production announced the modifications to the system to receive products acquired on websites from abroad. The details.

r1gmOk6FVe_1256x620__1.jpg#1553112372186

The new door-to-door system starts in April.

THE MOST READ

of Society

Door-to-door shopping: the tax-free franchise goes up to US $ 50, it can be used 12 times a year and there will be no need to go to Customs

The system of online shopping "door to door" - to acquire a product on a website from anywhere in the world and receive it at home - will be simplified. From April, all the process will be done through a new site of international shipments of Correo Argentino. It will not be necessary to have an AFIP tax code or to look for the packages to the Customs when it is requested to verify its content , as it has been until now. In addition, as Clarín had anticipated in late January, the duty-free tax exemption will increase: it will rise to US $ 50 per shipment and may be used 12 times a year. So far it was $ 25 and applied only to the first purchase.

With the modification, you must register with mail and password at http://www.e-pago.correoargentino.com.ar (the site is not yet active) and notify by that means about the purchase made abroad. A single form will be filled and then you can follow the detail of the transfer of the product through the Internet . Another important point is that the system will notify the buyer about the date on which the package will arrive.

On the same page the content declaration will be presented and the mail handling fee will be paid. The value will remain in the $ 140 that is currently paid. 50% of the surplus will be paid for the same channel, if the 50 dollars or the 12 shipments are exceeded .

Door to door: a wrong number and a 5-hour odyssey in Customs

Look also

Door to door: a wrong number and a 5-hour odyssey in Customs

"The tax for exceeding the amount of the franchise will be paid after the person receives by mail the notice that the product entered the country. The 12 shipments can be spent during the year at the time you choose . All in one day or one per month, "they told this newspaper from Correo Argentino. And they added: "The franchise is not cumulative. If they buy something of 30 dollars there is no 20 credit left and if they spend 100 dollars in the same product, they will have to pay 25 of taxes, that is, 50% of the surplus of 50 dollars per purchase ".

" For those shipments classified by Customs for face-to-face removal, the Post Office may represent the recipient and thus avoid having to travel to a branch with a Customs seat to look for its shipment," says Gustavo Papini, General Director of Correo Argentino, about another the elements tending to simplify the management.

Pedro Inchauspe, Secretary of Productive Simplification of the Ministry of Production, explained that what is being done is to integrate AFIP, Customs and Correo Argentino systems to "eliminate access barriers" . "It will no longer be necessary to have a tax code. Not to notify about the reception of the package to AFIP. The idea is that all the process is done digitally and that it is completed without difficulties as it happens in other parts of the world, "said Inchauspe.

For Guido Di Paolo, creator of the "door to door" Aliexpress management blog and a reference for the online shopper community, it is "a very big step" . "The promises on this subject were many. If it is effectively applied in this way, we have good news, "he said.

Since Tuesday, the amount of goods that can be brought from abroad without paying tax increases to 500 dollars

Look also

Since Tuesday, the amount of goods that can be brought from abroad without paying tax increases to 500 dollars

" Until now, they sent you to Customs even to look for a key ring or a T-shirt . Of 10 purchases, two arrived at the address and the other eight had to be found. The change, in this sense, will help not to waste time, "said Di Paolo. "Not having to go through the AFIP page, which is hanging, and end with the requirement of the tax code, are other advantages," he added.

According to Clarín , about 8,500 Argentines make online purchases abroad by day. The main market in which products are purchased is China and most people buy clothes and toys.

This is a Google translation!

• That's how the current farce was supposed to work except it was limited to $25 instead of $50. I won't be getting too excited until I hear examples of it actually working.

About time the retail industry here especially those who sell cheap Chinese imported goods at ridiculous prices got a wake up call.

• Official Post

About time the retail industry here especially those who sell cheap Chinese imported goods at ridiculous prices got a wake up call.

I really hope so. The famous 'Dorothy' books I just received were a blatant example of how irrelevant the openness of the market is. (Absurdly, but this is the land of the absurd).

The books are Italian courses by an Italian publisher and they print and store them in Greece. The retail price in Italy is around €25, however the publisher often sells them at a discounted price on their website to encourage direct orders with them. Currently, it is about €20 per book with the Publisher, plus shipping.

They have an official reseller in Argentina, SBS. SBS sells the book for about €37 at the current exchange rate (1714,57 pesos). However, SBS is always out of stock and there is no way to backorder it. They simply tell you to check every 15 days.

The book was presented in Buenos Aires in November 2017 and teachers' edition copies were given out for free to the participants. I immediately liked the book, who was launched in Italy just on May 2017, and I was eager to try it.

When I got a new group of beginner students, I decided to finally put to test this course book. However, the book was nowhere to be found in Buenos Aires. I wrote the Italian publisher and they assured me that SBS had ordered a bunch and to contact them. On SBS website, the book were never made available. When I called a SBS store, they said they had never heard about the book.

I wrote back to the Publisher because they had invested considerable money to present the book in South America and to give free teachers' ed. copies. They said that SBS had already made another order...

Meanwhile, the book was available at SBS Brazil, but the shipping charge from Brazil to here was as expensive as the book itself and I don't think there are many Argentinians willing to spend €40 on a book, definitely not my students.

In 2018 the Publisher released the next level book, and in Argentina we still hadn't the first one available. I had to buy it in Italy when I visited, but books are heavy so I just brought with me a copy. Back then, scanning and printing the book in Argentina was as expensive as buying the original in Italy, in full color!

So, now I have obtained the book for €20 per copy, plus shipping (€12 fixed price for my three books). This brings the per-book price to €24. It is a lot cheaper than the €37 SBS is charging. Not to mention that by the time that the book will be in stock again at SBS, its price will have risen!

• Actually, I thought that wasn't too bad a price for your book here....I think I'd just have paid it instead of risking buying it from abroad. Thank goodness it all went smoothly for you.

Anyway....let's hope this new initiative works far better than the current one. I see a release/handling fee still has to be paid up front which is a bit of a con. :cursing:

• The UK also has certain restrictions in place when it comes to receiving goods from abroad so I suppose we can't expect it to be too relaxed.

I don't even mind paying the 150 peso handling fee as long as I know 100% I'll receive my package at my front door inside a reasonable time scale. My wife has just said US$50 ceiling is still a miserly amount. :D

• Official Post

I definitely object to paying a handling fee.

It's quite objectionable and a true reflection of the 'pigs' snouts in troughs' attitude in Argentina. Everyone wants their cut.

The sad fact is that there is no open market in Argentina, since we are forced to accept crap home-grown products at highly inflated prices in a walled garden market.

Not to mention the fact that we were all deluded by Macri et al when they lifted the cepo exchange restrictions, fooling us into believing that a free market may one day appear.

I have zero hope of any light at the end of the economic tunnel for Argentina. Zero.

• I definitely object to paying a handling fee.

It's quite objectionable and a true reflection of the 'pigs' snouts in troughs' attitude in Argentina. Everyone wants their cut.

The sad fact is that there is no open market in Argentina, since we are forced to accept crap home-grown products at highly inflated prices in a walled garden market.

Not to mention the fact that we were all deluded by Macri et al when they lifted the cepo exchange restrictions, fooling us into believing that a free market may one day appear.

I have zero hope of any light at the end of the economic tunnel for Argentina. Zero.

I'll give him another term before judging him as I suspect no one could have done any better during the few years he's had without causing further long term damage. He's a good communicator and has created a decent impression with the rest of the world. For that reason alone I hope he gets another term.

However I think the country will always be on to a loser because of its location and attitude of its people.

• My wife has just said US$50 ceiling is still a miserly amount. :D

Your wife is absolutely right, UK Man. Fifty dollars won’t even buy a pair of slacks or a shirt. Would it have lost AFIP so much if the ceiling were $100?

I'll give him another term before judging him as I suspect no one could have done any better during the few years he's had without causing further long term damage. He's a good communicator and has created a decent impression with the rest of the world. For that reason alone I hope he gets another term.

Well said!

• Splinter

Changed the title of the thread from “Door to door shipment rules to be relaxed” to “Door to door shipment rules”.
  • If anyone still uses this so-called door to door, the amount you are allowed to buy abroad has now been reduced from US$3000 to US$1000, presumably per year. It's confusing because the rules keep changing. In fact, the bullshit excuse given by AFIP (tax office) is that these changes are due to 'irregularities' detected.

Any shipment above US$50 will be charged 50% tax plus any other charges/bribes you may wish to take into account. The government is so desperate for dollars that it will stop at nothing.

• It's a bloody disgrace.

We need a new rear light for the car. Nothing is available in Argentina and no one can give a date when they will be here, - Can get it in Europe for 140 euros, Uruguay for 200 more or less..

No one can tell me how much tax I will have to pay.

• They wanted me to travel to BA to collect a small order of tea I'd got sent from the UK many months previously. The charges were a joke considering they'd held on to it for months without telling me. During which time, the amount I had to pay for its release had trebled.

That put me off ever ordering anything from the UK again.