Green thumbs?

There are 24 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,801 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Our gardenia is in full bloom right now and it smells delicious. Too bad the flowers just last a few days. They are so delicate!

We have one in our garden but it's not flowering yet....don't even think it has any buds. It is pretty old though. Most flowers don't seem to last long here compared to Scotland I've noticed. We have a magnolia grandiflora out at the countryside place and within a day or two of the flowers opening they start to turn brown.

• Gardenias! Love them. There are so many varieties- - UK Man , yours could be one of the ones that bloom weeks after the others. We used to have both early and late blooming ones in our courtyard in Louisiana, so we were lucky enough to have that beautiful scent for a couple of months every year.

But the Magnolia Grandiflora has my favorite flower of all. What a pleasing, softly citrusy, lightly sweet scent!

• Took a couple of pics of the cacti/succulent patch out at the countryside place. All the wife's work I might add as after 35 years working in horticulture I now avoid doing gardening as much as possible these days.....unless the wife demands it. X(

WP-20191123-010.jpg

WP-20191123-014.jpg